FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Amy Winehouse

Author Topic: Amy Winehouse
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
She has the most fascinating voice. I am not even sure yet if I like it, but I love, at least, this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8TwNEDo6kY&mode=related&search=

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
Gah. Some of her songs would be good, if sung by someone else. But her voice, while interesting, is fingernails-scatch-down-the-blackboard annoying to me.
Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

I know! That's why it's fascinating. She sounds like a James Bond movie.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bella Bee:
But her voice, while interesting, is fingernails-scatch-down-the-blackboard annoying to me.

Thought I, "How bad could it be?"

O_O

Ow.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jutsa Notha Name
Member # 4485

- posted      Profile for Jutsa Notha Name   Email Jutsa Notha Name         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a solid jazz voice. I like her singing in Rehab even more, but her style reminds me of a lot of older Motown and pop.
Posts: 1170 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
I really like her voice. Thanks, kat!
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
How odd. I was just looking (unsuccessfully) for tickets to her concert to surprise my girlfriend with. You all don't have tickets for the philly show, do you?
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jutsa Notha Name
Member # 4485

- posted      Profile for Jutsa Notha Name   Email Jutsa Notha Name         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I was just hearing about her on the radio as if she were a new artist. She broke into the US charts at #7 something like a year or so ago, so I thought it was funny.
Posts: 1170 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

No tickets, although I wish I could go to the New York concert. I almost could...maybe...

She sounds so weary and unhappy and defiant, but still her own person. The more I listen to "You Know I'm No Good", the more I like it.

The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to have to listen to this when I get home. Yes, her voice is very.. james bondy.. I'm not sure I like it, but the snippet I listened to is stuck in my head.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I heard about her a few months ago. She's good, but I don't quite get all the fuss.

Maybe if I listened to more of her stuff I'd get hooked.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.