FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Keith Richards: 'I Snorted My Father'

Author Topic: Keith Richards: 'I Snorted My Father'
Krankykat
Member # 2410

- posted      Profile for Krankykat           Edit/Delete Post 
This Breitbart story, courtesy Drudge, really cracked me up. It's Only Rock & Roll...

Newsflash:
Keith Richards for a Drug Free America

quote:
LONDON (AP) - Keith Richards has acknowledged consuming a raft of illegal substances in his time, but this may top them all.

In comments published Tuesday, the 63-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist said he had snorted his father's ashes mixed with cocaine.

"The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father," Richards was quoted as saying by British music magazine NME.
"He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared," he said. "... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

Richards' father, Bert, died in 2002, at 84.

Richards, one of rock's legendary wild men, told the magazine that his survival was the result of luck, and advised young musicians against trying to emulate him.

"I did it because that was the way I did it. Now people think it's a way of life," he was quoted as saying.

"I've no pretensions about immortality," he added. "I'm the same as everyone ... just kind of lucky.

"I was No. 1 on the `who's likely to die' list for 10 years. I mean, I was really disappointed when I fell off the list," Richards said.

Maybe the Stones can rephrase some of their lyrics for their next geriatric tour or Best of CD.

~"You can't always get what you want"
“We went down to the demonstration
To get your fair share of abuse
Singing, "We're gonna vent our frustration
If we don't we're gonna blow Keith’s dad up our nose”

~ “Wild Horses”
“I know I dreamed you a sin and a lie
I have my freedom, but I don't have much time
Faith has been broken, tears must be cried
Let's do some living after we've snorted Keith’s dad.”

~“Brown Sugar” (Powder Sugar?)
I said yeah, yeah, yeah, woo
”How come you...how come you taste so good?
Yeah, yeah, yeah, woo
Just like a...just like snortin’ Dad’s ashes should
Yeah, yeah, yeah, woo”

~“All Down the Line”
Yeah, heard the diesel drumming all down the line.
Oh, heard the wires a humming all down the line.
Yeah, hear the women sighing all down the line.
Oh, hear the children crying all down the line,
I see and hear Keith snortin’ Bert’s ashes all down the line.”

OK, HATRACKERS, any other lyrical ideas for Mick and Keith?

[ April 03, 2007, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: Krankykat ]

Posts: 1221 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
EEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
Gives a new meaning to getting high on life.
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, man, we had a good laugh over this at work today...
Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh* What people will do for attention. Or a fix.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I went to my own father today and I said:

"Tom, I don't know exactly how you're going to take this, but I'm afraid I'm pretty certain that after you die, I'm going to have to snort some of you."

He said "Will there be any blow in it?"

And I said "Naw, man. I'm drug free."

And he said "Good, good, maybe put some snuff in there to make me tastier, but no blow."

DEAL.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, come on, this is a surprise to anyone? Just LOOK at Keith Richards! I think he died in 1972 and has been a walking zombie since.

"Keith Richards for a Drug Free America"... Thanks, Keith, but we can't do drugs anymore because you've done them all already!

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
He now claims that he was just joking.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else think he might NOT have been joking before, and is now saying he was?
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Note to self: Jounalists cannot distinguish between humor and reality. NO BABY EATING JOKES.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by katharina:
Anyone else think he might NOT have been joking before, and is now saying he was?

Yup.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Scott R:
Note to self: Jounalists cannot distinguish between humor and reality. NO BABY EATING JOKES.

It's okay if it's actually reality.

mmmmm, barbequed baby.

Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Greedy Texans. Bidding up the price to $500 per head. It ain't even as if Texans know how to do a proper barbeque.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.