FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Calling Crafty Hatrackers - Metal Book Binding/Hinges?

Author Topic: Calling Crafty Hatrackers - Metal Book Binding/Hinges?
Wonder Dog
Member # 5691

- posted      Profile for Wonder Dog           Edit/Delete Post 
Hidey-ho,

I'd like to build my own portfolio binder to take to interviews, and I'm trying to figure out what I can use to make a suitable binding/spine/hinge. I've seen the popular Pina Zangaro screwpost portfolios, but no one seems to sell just the hinge alone, and I really don't want to buy a $100+ portfolio only to tear it apart for the hinge.

Spec wise, I basically need a hinge system that will hold two sheets of acrylic together with space in between for pages, some sort of screw that I can take on and off to thread through pages, all while preferably looking good. I haven't run to the hardware store yet to poke and prod, but I though I'd see if anyone here had any ideas first. Oh, and ideally, the hinge would lie flat when open.

Any thoughts?

Posts: 353 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
How many pages does it need to hold?
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wonder Dog
Member # 5691

- posted      Profile for Wonder Dog           Edit/Delete Post 
10 - 20
Posts: 353 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.