FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Betcha never... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Betcha never...
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
Okay, I'll bite.

*turns green*
OH NOES!! Bad Rivka! Bad bad Rivka.

*grabs bottle of mind bleach*

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snail
Member # 9958

- posted      Profile for Snail   Email Snail         Edit/Delete Post 
Betcha never had the customs officers at the JFK airport burst out in laughter as they X-ray your luggage.
Posts: 247 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Betcha never broke your moms tailbone on the way out the baby chute.

Betcha never drank five 40s in one sitting (long time ago, bad idea)

Betcha never quoted HS Thompson's entire "You know a dope fiend when..." speech over the PA on a mission trip.

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by anti_maven:
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
quote:
Okay, I'll bite.

*turns green*
OH NOES!! Bad Rivka! Bad bad Rivka.

*grabs bottle of mind bleach*

Hey, I'm not the one biting stuff. Yell at Noemon.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] I was not unaware of the possibility of someone writing what rivka did when I composed my last post.

Count me among the legion of elephant riders, by the way.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
[Smile] I was not unaware of the possibility of someone writing what rivka did when I composed my last post.

See! It's totally his fault.

I was set up!

[Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
EL, I'll email you tonight. Or you could just send it to the email in my profile.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
Betcha never hung out with members of Chumbawumba.
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Betcha never spent an afternoon in a ghost town with a native of the island of Yap.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Edit: To Rivka: Oh, no. Just my general wariness in posting the worst of the work horror stories. I've found most people don't like hearing them. I actually waited a whole day before posting at all because I wasn't sure.

I have also ridden an elephant. Twice at least.

Betcha you've never been hit in the face with a greased watermelon projectile.

Betcha never broke a toe while swimming.

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snail
Member # 9958

I've never ridden an elephant. Everybody else got to, but my Mum said that I can't because that'll make me feel queasy and throw up. (This was on the same zoo trip our car got pooed on by a giraffe.)

I'm still bitter.

Posts: 247 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Betcha never drove a car in to four feet of water.

Betcha never got driven out of Disney World on an ambulance.

Betcha never had a science experiment fill an entire city block with thick, white smoke.

Betcha never been thrown off a commuter train and arrested.

Betcha never been asked a technical question by John Carmack.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
Rivka, itīs like on a rough sea crossing - you're all ill, but the first to hurl starts a chain reaction.... [Wink]

BTW - betcha never been stopped your own armed police roadblock while you were riding a pushbike...

Still no heffalumps though. Mind you, I'm off to London Zoo at the end of the month with the Toddling Tornado, I hope they still do rides. Note to self, must buy peanuts.

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

Betcha never drove a u-haul into a category 4 hurricane.
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

quote:
Betcha never drove a car in to four feet of water.
You'd lose that bet.
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
I figured I would.
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

Yeah, Allison was a good time.
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

quote:
Must...abide..by..the..T..O..S...
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I have ridden an elephant, and a camel (not at the same time [Wink] ).

I have been kicked out of a cemetary.

I have jumped from a moving vehicle.

Betcha never asked a random State Trouper for his license and registration.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

quote:
Originally posted by TheHumanTarget:
quote:
Must...abide..by..the..T..O..S...
[Confused]
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

The phrasing just struck me as odd, and immediately drew my mind into a place where any comment I might make would violate the TOS.
Feer
Member # 9846

- posted      Profile for Feer   Email Feer         Edit/Delete Post 
I have ridden on an elephant and jumped out of a moving vehichle as well.

Betcha never hit golf balls off your roof at passing cars.

Posts: 160 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

Oh, gotcha. I was gonna say "Allison was a [female dog]" but didn't want to violate the TOS myself, so went with unreceptable sarcasm instead.
SC Carver
Member # 8173

- posted      Profile for SC Carver   Email SC Carver         Edit/Delete Post 
Becha never, Done shots of Tuna eye juice, and eaten live shrimp. I would recommend following it up with a shot of something else. (evolves a trip to Korea)

Becha never, Gone to two Pearl Jam concerts with your 70+ year old Grand Mother. (also saw, Aerosmith, Toad the wet sprocket, Dave Mathews, Pink Floyd and others)

I never asked a cop for his license, but I did ask one for a table for four at IHOP one night, (Lots of drinks involved, fortunately he was in a good mood)

I didn't drive in a hurricane, but we did play football in Hurricane Hugo, Class 3. Punter had a -5 yard punt.

Posts: 555 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Betcha never broke your moms tailbone on the way out the baby chute.

My daughter did.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

I sympathize with her; that's heckuva headache! [Wink]

My mom said my head looked like purple play-dough the first time she saw me and the doctor said "We've checked three times and we're pretty sure there's no brain damage." Reassuring, huh?

RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
Betcha never did a 360 while driving...

stupid ice... [Grumble]

Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raventhief
Member # 9002

- posted      Profile for Raventhief   Email Raventhief         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by RunningBear:

stupid ice... [Grumble]

Twice. Once on purpose.

Betcha never driven a car you built yourself. (Not a go kart, a car)

Posts: 354 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feer
Member # 9846

Frame and all?
Posts: 160 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

SC- I passed a trouper sitting in his car with the window rolled down as I approached a convenience store.

I have poor impulse control. *shrugs* He was cute!

I think I really startled the guy, but he smiled at me, anyway. The things you can get away with when you're a 19 year old, relatively wholesome-looking girl.

Betcha never rode out an F5 tornado in a trailer park.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Betcha never rode out an F5 tornado in a trailer park.
I've done it in a trailer home, but it didn't happen to be in a park.

quote:
I didn't even need ice -- it was just slick from the rain.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by RunningBear:

stupid ice... [Grumble]

Betcha you've never lived in Montana if you think that is an uncommon occurance.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Hey, Porter, where was this? Mine was this one:

http://www.april31974.com/brandenburg_ky_april_3_1974.htm

I was a wee lass at the time.

Also, I think It wasn't a trailer park for me, either. I believe the mobile home was on a few acres of its own. Ginormous oak tree in the back yard (at least, before the tornado...)

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by vonk:
I sympathize with her; that's heckuva headache! [Wink]

My mom said my head looked like purple play-dough the first time she saw me and the doctor said "We've checked three times and we're pretty sure there's no brain damage." Reassuring, huh?

No, she was born so fast she didn't even have a normally-misshapen head. The nurses were all oohing over how beautiful she was the whole time we were there (I pushed three times, I think.)

Her sister is the one who was born with a black eye (she was lying sideways in the canal.)

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I was stuck in a holding pattern above Houston during that. Three and a half hours for a 45 minute flight. Then when I landed, I almost flodded my car trying to get to Sam Houston Tollway.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
My tornado was in the 70s in rural Oklahoma, but I don't actually know what it was rated. I was also too young to remember it.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

I've ridden out a few tornadoes. Many in a trailer. I hate those things (trailers and tornadoes).
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

When I pulled the 360 I was in Montana.

Most of the people I know make it about 200 or 300 then go off the road. I over corrected twice and somehow ended up going straight.

Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snail
Member # 9958

quote:
I've done this though not in Montana.

But I've never been even near a tornado.

hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Betcha never rode an elephant.
I have, too! In Thailand! [Smile]

I am so amazed/impressed/grossed out by all the stuff you all have done!

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

I was also in Thailand when I rode the elephant.

Betcha never bowed to the emerald buddha.

Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Betcha never got complimented on your dish-washing skills by a nun.
Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Betcha never been stabbed by a spear.

Count me in the Legions of Hannibal.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

Betcha never arrived somewhere three hours before you left.
brojack17
Member # 9189

THT,
I hope you are talking about the international date line and not making a reference to the shroom thread [Big Grin] .

Betch never been in four natural disasters (Hurricane, Tornado, Flood, Earthquake).

vonk
Member # 9027

At the same time?! If not, I've been through all four.

Betcha never drove a three-wheeler through a barbed wire fence.

hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Betcha never bowed to the emerald buddha.
I've done that, too! [Cool]

quote:
Betcha never arrived somewhere three hours before you left.
And this! When we came home from our honeymoon. [Big Grin]

I've been trying to think of one of my own to post, and turns out I haven't done that many unique things outside of on my honeymoon (Oh dear, look the other way OOC fiends).

-Betcha you have never gotten a Thai massage on the beach of an island.

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feer
Member # 9846

quote:

I drove a quad into a barbed wire fence. I wasn't going very fast so I kinda just bounced off, flipped the quad.

Betcha never picked up a live scorpion

imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I've also ridden an elephant - into Agra Fort (amazingly impressive).

Betcha never drove across the Nullaboor...

(... and scheduled the drive around oysters in Ceduna, wine in Clare, and resteraunts in Mildura. You gotta have fun!)

Betcha never flew from New Dehli, India to Lahore, Pakistan in the middle of a particularly nasty Kashmiri border skirmish.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

quote:
At the same time?! If not, I've been through all four.

Not at the same time. That would be a bad day!
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.