FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Happy Free Comic Book Day 2007!

Author Topic: Happy Free Comic Book Day 2007!
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid I was too late getting to the local stores. By 10:45 AM everything except for one lone copy of the Dan Slott/Phil Jimenez Spidey one-shot was picked clean. [Frown]

Anyone get a chance to check out the offerings from the non-Marvel/DC publishers?

[ May 05, 2007, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: Puffy Treat ]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Dang! I was just in my local comic book store two days ago, and nobody there said anything about free comics, and there were no signs. Maybe they weren't participating.

I made out like a bandit last year though [Smile]

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah...last year I got a lot of cool DC, Marvel, Image, Dark Horse, Manga, and Indie/Alternative freebies.

This year...a decent out-of-continuity Spidey story that's fun and all...but I wanted more, dang it! [Wink]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I got there. [Big Grin] All over the country. [Smile]

I just had a couple pages in the Comic Genesis sampler, but it was still pretty cool. [Smile]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
I took the girls to 4 Color Fantasies in Rancho Cucamunga. It's the most elaborate I've seen a comic shop go for Free Comic Book Day.

Met Feedback and Fat Mamma from Who Wants to be a Superhero. Feedback is every bit the guy he seemed to be on the show. Great guy.

Got free comics and free swag from the various "Clix" games.

Met the guy who writes B.A.B.E. Force and Dr. Chaos, and had a great conversation with him. He actually saved my daughters from a collapsing inflatable slide at one point.

I got a lot of the indy stuff, including the Transformers prequel. I'll let you know what's in it when I get around to reading any of it (Which, let's be honest, is who knows when).

However, as you've probably seen in the past, a lot of the stuff from the indies looks like it's been in years past--about four pages from their different titles, all ending on cliffhangers.

I haven't read any of Civil War, but the pic from the last page of the Spiderman: One More Day preview was great.

I did read the Stan Lee Feedback comic preview from dark horse, and it definitely feels like all of Stan Lee's recent stuff. Whether that's good or bad depends on how you feel about Lee. It's got none of the silliness of the show, and is defintely Stan attempting to create a serious new superhero. I'll be buying it.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.