FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A Melancholy Sadness? Or Joy? (Or: Done with high school and not sure how to feel.)

Author Topic: A Melancholy Sadness? Or Joy? (Or: Done with high school and not sure how to feel.)
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
Today was my last day of high school. And I feel sad. I've been waiting for four years to get out. Or really longer- I just realized last night that despite my growing number of friends through the years and my increasing proclivity towards the love of all "core" academic subjects I have, at no point in my life, enjoyed school.

And I had never realized that. Now I feel sad/joyful. Sad at the fact my two best friends from school was a librarian and a history teacher I never had for a teacher. No students. I get along well with everyone now- but no one particularly close. Now I do have amazing friends outside of school.

It just feels like I've wasted many years of my life to basically come out with nothing at the end- no friends, not even decent grades since I a habitual procrastinator and a lazy bum at heart.

Oy vell. But I just stopped caring too- just feeling numb from everything in general. In short, it sucks.

Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
That's rough. I remember feeling the same.

I was mostly scared--kinda like I am now that I've graduated college. Still don't know what I'm doing.

Realize that although it seems like you haven't gotten much out of the deal (of life, so far)--you've still got your whole life ahead of you and everything that's happened up to today is now in the past.

Best of luck--try not to fall into apathy. Find something you love and do it.

Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't feel too bad about it, I'm sure you got a lot out when you think about it. High School is tough for everybody, basically, it's something to keep you occupied and fill your brain up while you're growing up.

Think how open your future is now! You can do whatever you want. Get to it!

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.