FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Grey's Anatomy

Author Topic: Grey's Anatomy
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I watch this show.
I do not like a single character on it.
The story line is boring and annoying to me.
Why do I watch it?
Is it the music?

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
It's the subliminal messages played in the background. I do like Alex. I shouldn't. I know I have male issues. But I like Alex.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
One roommate and I resisted this show, but our other roommate was a fan. I went first, and finally we're all kinda into this show.

Soap opera? Yes. Instantly gratifying? Yes.

::shrug::

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
There was nothing gratifying about the season finale.

I wanted to jump off a bridge, and encourage the rest of the cast to join me.

Put us all out of our misery.

*mopes*

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! No spoilers for tonight's!
quote:
Soap opera? Yes. Instantly gratifying? Yes.
So true.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

I was decidedly non-spoilery.
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Yup. [Smile]

I was anticipating responses. Sorry -- I overreacted.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

No you didn't, i just wanted to stick up for myself [Smile]
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked it when Izzy and the Cheif madeout.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[Roll Eyes] [Razz]
aretee
Member # 1743

- posted      Profile for aretee   Email aretee         Edit/Delete Post 
I love this show and I don't know why. We don't watch TV in our house (we don't get cable or sattelite and we are in a po-dunk town with no reception) but I rented it from Netflix. I liked the first disk so much I went out and bought seasons one and two and watched them all in one weekend (that's 37 episodes, btw).

I hate Izzy. I love George. I liked Dr. McDreamy UNTIL the cliff hanger from season 2. I have only seen one episode from season 3 (is that the one that just ended on TV?) and that made me hate Izzy more and be REALLY mad at George because I like his wife (who's name I can't remember).

This show has little moral or social value, yet I can't pull myself away.

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched it last night because I couldn't find Scrubs - I know the season finale was last night, but I couldn't figure out what channel NBC is on, and the one with Grey's Anatomy came through bright and clear.

I like it in a schadenfruedey kind of way. From the finale, though, it looks like half the cast is getting cut loose.

[ May 18, 2007, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
That's probably 'cause there's going to be a spin-off, which I know even though I don't watch the show 'cause I read the entertainment page in the paper and 'cause my Mom watches it and we talk about it. [Smile] Might not account for everyone, but should account for a couple at least.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
The other day I was watching Spiderman 2, and when the scene came up where Doctor Octopus is destroying all of the doctors, I gleefully imagined that scene occuring in Grey's Anatomy. [Razz]

I watch the show off and on, but I kind of hate it. Every character on that show is unspeakably whiney. If those were real people, I would want nothing to do with any of them.

Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
With one exception - the chief and his wife. That was extremely good. Not really worth watching the other 45 minutes, though.
quote:
Every character on that show is unspeakably whiney. If those were real people, I would want nothing to do with any of them.
I quite agree! (Although I have a soft spot for George.) But I keep coming back to it. It's like a disease.
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I think part of the reason I don't like the show is that I went to school with lots of women who were self-involved like Meredith Grey, and who stared down at the world with the hooded eyes and sly smile of Addison.

(shudder)

When is it on again?
How long do I have to wait?

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Every character on that show is unspeakably whiney. If those were real people, I would want nothing to do with any of them.
I've never watched it and likely never will. I spend enough time with whiny doctors as it is. I think this show would make me want to drive a spike through my head.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Or an axe.

(show reference)

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

*laughing

Well, it may have redemptive qualities after all. [Smile]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Or an axe.

(show reference)

rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by JennaDean:
quote:
With one exception - the chief and his wife. That was extremely good. Not really worth watching the other 45 minutes, though.
quote:
I quite agree! (Although I have a soft spot for George.) But I keep coming back to it. It's like a disease.

Agreed on all of the above.

I didn't think the spin-off entailed anyone but Addison. She's going to be with the pretty pretty new-agers in Malibu. [Roll Eyes]

And Isaiah Washington sealed his own doom months ago. At that point, I thought I'd miss Burke. Given how obnoxious they've made him in the past half-season, I really won't. [Razz]

imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ClaudiaTherese:
quote:
I've never watched it and likely never will. I spend enough time with whiny doctors as it is. I think this show would make me want to drive a spike through my head.
My poor friend finished her medical degree and became an intern just as Grey's Anatomy reached it's peak popularity here.

You should see her face when people who we haven't seen since high school meet us, do the catch up and then ask her "So is it just like Grey's Anatomy"?

She is remarkably restrained. (I know this, because I saw this happen three times in an half hour. No kidding.)

She's also irritated by the characters. I kind of like them - but then, I'm not a doctor. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
*SPOILERS*

I thought the finale was gratifying because I WANTED Burke to get the heck out of there. I thought Sandra Oh's performance at the end when she was 'free' and still bummed was excellent. Her character drives me crazy, but you have to admit that she's a great actress.

I can't help but wonder if this show is going to shift it's attention to the new interns...especially as there is a new "Grey." (Lexie Grey, Meredith's half sister, and the one who hit on McDreamy at the bar. Heh.) I would always say "They can't kill off Meredith, her name is the title of the show." But now, they can! Wahooo! Give McDreamy a girl he deserves! [Wink]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

imogen, ER came out as I was in medical school. It was not the first medical drama (Quincy, St. Elsewhere, etc.), but it preceded the current spate and was a welcome event for us. We identified with the young student Carter.

But after that, oh, man! The floodgates opened, and ER itself morphed away from the differential diagnosis and angst of the training to, well, gurney-hopping and news item stories. *sigh

Oh, to have Carter berated by the surgical resident again when he fails to make the IV access. Them was good times. *grin

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.