FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » London Landmark Burns

Author Topic: London Landmark Burns
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no idea if anyone on this site has ever visited the Cutty Sark - a beautiful nineteenth century clipper ship which has been preserved in dry-dock in London since the 1950s.

But this just about breaks my heart. The only consolation is that some of the structure was away for repair, and so was saved.

She was a wonderful ship, and a piece of world history. I hope they can rebuild her.

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, that is a terrible shame. I've just read all about the merchant ship races back then and so I actually know what it is!
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone still remember Adam Clayton Powell? His beverage of choice was Cutty Sark and milk.
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll never understand how someone can do something like this. What goes through their heads? They have that much disdain for their nation and their history?
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
IT's very sad news indeed. I only hope that many of the exhibits on board were in storage as the Cutty Sark was undergoing restoration.
Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.