FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ow my mouth hurts

Author Topic: Ow my mouth hurts
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
not quite my mouth, but a tiny area of my gums under my teeth on the right hand side of my lower jaw. its an annoying stinging pain especially if i rub it intentionally with my fingers or just my the usual movements with my cheek.

Not sure what it is maybe its an infection? it was pretty painful so my friends game me 2 shots of rum and the pain went away.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Stop making out so much.
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
ah, the sign of good friends.
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a canker sore to me. Put some cream of tartar on it three times a day. Heals it right up.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
Sounds like a canker sore to me. Put some cream of tartar on it three times a day. Heals it right up.

But where is he going to find a tartar to cream this time of year!? [Confused]
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
While it may hurt the first time you might try gargling with warm salt water.
Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
And I know for a fact it does NOT help to attack the canker sore with sharp objects. It really only makes it angrier.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
And I know for a fact it does NOT help to attack the canker sore with sharp objects. It really only makes it angrier.

He speaks the truth!
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
But if you deal a knock-out blow and defeat the sore once and for all...
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Telp, dear. Who would Blayne be snogging with?

Blayne, you can use ambisol to numb it, but it's probably best to let it run it's course.

And drink plenty of Orange Juice(*)

To prevent them in the future, use good oral hygene. Brush morning and night and floss before bed. Flossing is just as important as the brushing for this.

Pix

(*) It won't fix anything but it will really really hurt.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.