FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Replacements for potatoes (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Replacements for potatoes
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, okay. I'll concede that dishes which use tofu in place of the protein that SHOULD go in that dish may find a use for softer tofu. *grin*
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Most people with that attitude won't touch the stuff. [Wink] I guess you're about halfway enlightened. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I was a vegetarian for about a decade. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Huh. Surprised you have that attitude, then.

I eat meat (and other animals products). I also eat quite a bit of tofu and soy. I happen to like them -- I even like plain tofu. So do my kids.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Tofu BELONGS in a stir fry, which incidentally goes great with rice.

KOM: If you go the meatball route make sure its some sort of stroganoff, the beautiful dynamic about rice is that it absorbs whatever it comes in contact with.

If you can get a hold of some Japanese Yellow Curry mix, chop up some potatoes and carrots. Buy a few pieces of boneless chicken breast and boil the chicken until it is tender, toss in the vegetables and let them simmer for about 20 minutes. Toss in the curry mix and stir it around for about 5-8 minutes, serve on rice. The curry mix box should have good directions on the back.

Its very cheap, DELICIOUS, and healthy way to eat on a student's budget.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.