FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Cute Date Ideas

Author Topic: Cute Date Ideas
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
My Brother is getting married soon and his fiance is coming over tomorrow for a weekend visit. This is all taking place in Boston. He's trying to think of something cute and romantic to do with her; I'd be really psyched if I could help him out with a great idea. Failing to do so, I'm hoping to plagiarize from someone here [Razz] .

Anyway, we are Orthodox Jews which restricts our diet to -- well, only things that are kosher. Any advice?

[ May 31, 2007, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Phanto ]

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Are there parks in Boston? When I was dating my husband I always loved going on a picnic in the park with him, flying kites, swinging on the swings if there were no little kids to use them, stuff like that. He could bring his own food (pick it up from a deli or restaurant or make it, his choice), so it could be kosher; it would be outdoors and they could play lots of fun games and activities that didn't require any touching between them (if that's an issue for him.)

That's my idea. [Smile]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
boston common is gonna suck tomorrow since its supposed to rain, unless they LIKE being out in the rain for a picnic.

If its actually IN boston, and you want something cute, there is the make way for duckling tours, or a duck boat tour of boston. The tour might be nice since its in an actual covered vehicle, so the rain won't dampen things too much.

The childrens museum might be cute. Or the science museum or MFA if museum is on the agenda.

Harbor cruise.

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

great ideas! come'on, any more before it's tommorow?
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Is he picking her up or meeting her at the airport/bus station? Bring roses. (Or if carrying them will be an issue, one perfect rose.)

Picnics in the park are great, weather permitting. The duckling tour sounds fun.

Mazel tov. [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Qaz
Member # 10298

- posted      Profile for Qaz           Edit/Delete Post 
Recent thread, same topic: http://www.hatrack.com/cgi-bin/ubbmain/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=048634;p=0&r=nfx

I recently tried dancing to a boom box, outside. Since there was no one around so no reason to feel on display it worked well.

Posts: 544 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

Kite flying sounds great. It's a pity I can't surprise my brother with a pair of kites and a "go get 'er" thing...hmm, well I'll forward the make way for ducklings idea.

Thanks all! [Smile]

Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
Art Museums are always a classy way to go. [Smile] Good Luck with everything!
Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Depending on the couple, going to Borders can be SO much fun.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Phanto, I'm driving up to Boston (from Virginia) today to have an interview with the North Bennet Street School on tuesday. I'll be doing some sightseeing too. Hope it's not too rainy!
Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
Another Suggestion. When my son brought his intended up to Tahoe for us to meet her. We spent a day looking for good spots for pictures and taking the pictures, hoping to have one or two good ones to use on a wedding announcement. It was fun and (I thought) romantic for the couple, and gave us (his mom and I) a chance to get to know her in a less formal setting.
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
The MFA supposedly has a beautiful garden. When I went a couple of months ago, it was under renovation. If the weather's not too bad, maybe a trip through the museum then a nice stroll in the garden would work out?
Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by katharina:
Depending on the couple, going to Borders can be SO much fun.

Bookstore dates are always my favorites.
Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh, I love bookstores, especially used bookstores, but my husband does not have so much fun in them, sadly. I mean, he enjoys them, but doesn't get as... absorbed as I do. And he defiitely doesn't want to spend quite as much time as I do in them.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.