FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » if earthborn were a movie......

Author Topic: if earthborn were a movie......
Alex Johansen
Member # 9090

- posted      Profile for Alex Johansen   Email Alex Johansen         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so I finished reading the book a few nights ago, and jeez... That was a good book but those last few chapters were sooooooooo hard to get through.

*SPOILER WARNING*

I was really upset that OSC decided to put forth an ENTIRELY new set of characters (except for shedemei and the oversoul) and on top of that, I wanted to see what things were like back on Harmony. That's what books are for! Doing the imagining for us. (I'm using sarcasm, but still, don't leave us with THAT much imagination D:)

Anyways, I was listening to music, and my playlist was on Metallica, and suddenly The Unforgiven came on, and I looked up the lyrics and I realized, that if EarthBorn were ever a movie...... that this song would be PERFECT for Akma, especially the part where Didul and his brothers humiliate Akma. As he's walking back a clip of the song could play:

quote:
New blood joins this earth
and quickly he's subdued
through constant pain disgrace
a young boy learns their rules

with time the child draws in
this whipping boy done wrong
deprived of all his thoughts
the young man struggles on and on he's known
oo a vow onto his own
that never from this day
his will they'll take away

what I've felt
what I've known
never shined through in what I've shown
never be
never see
won't see what might have been

what I've felt
what I've known
never shined through in what I've shown
never free
never me
so I dub thee unforgiven

they dedicate their lives
to running all of his
he tries to please them all
this bitter man he is
throughout his life the same
he's battled constantly
this fight he cannot win
a tired man they see no longer cares
the old man then prepares
to die regretfully
that old man it was me

That's only half the song, but that would be good enough to get the point across. Afterall, Metallica doesn't really make short songs, so I figure if you cut out the intro strumming there's a minute and a half or two minute segment, where Udad (forgive me if that's not his name, he wasn't mentioned much in the book) walks Akma to the village and then shoves him down the hill.
Posts: 141 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex Johansen
Member # 9090

- posted      Profile for Alex Johansen   Email Alex Johansen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, wait, that would cost too much, because I just remembered, Metallica is really really greedy. (I guess it comes with fame, look at Gene Simmons, he'd sell his kids for a buck!)
Posts: 141 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed Earthborn, but I too wanted to know what happened to the original characters in more detail than the end of Earthfall told. I'm grateful of the all the Homecoming books, since it is my favorite series, but I still am a little bitter about the way Earthfall ended. Earthfall was one of the best books though. I doubt there will be a movie about Earthborn, or any of the Homecoming books. As a true OSC fan though, I wouldn't mind seeing a movie of ANY of the OSC books, if done properly.

As for your Metallica song choice, something about their music seems inappropriate for film. I love their music greatly though.

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex Johansen
Member # 9090

Yeah, I guess your right, a bit too metal for movies. (unless it's Nothing Else Matters, that's fairly soft)

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.