FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » How do you combat this level of indoctrination?

Author Topic: How do you combat this level of indoctrination?
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sickened by this.

Three year old muslim girl interviewed about her views on Jews

These kids have this tripe drilled into their heads from the time they're born. How do we ever expect to stop terrorism when it seems like their whole entire social system is built around creating adults that hate another group of people for no other reason than that they were told to.

I know that isn't the only place people are taught to hate. I know there are countless children in America being brought up by racist parents to hate and look down upon people of a different race or religion. And I'm just as sickened by what goes on here at home. I'm disgusted by some of the blanket comments made by my own family about muslims and I've had more than a few arguments about their views with them. And yet, the indoctrination seems of a different kind in the muslim world. It's not teaching passive hate, it's teaching active hate. It's teaching war and death. I do also believe things are getting much better in this country. I actually think the prevalence of the media and things like youtube serve to expose people to many different races, religions, and points of view and go a long way towards ending the unwarranted discrimination of other groups.

Yes, we need to combat discrimination and hate of all kinds, but it seems to me this type of hate is ever so much more pressing.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Hasn't this video been posted here before? It is horribly disturbing, but in some ways not nearly as bad as this.

[Frown]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
sorry, if it has I missed the thread.

and yes, the other video is disturbing as well.

Sometimes this world makes me very sad.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree with rivka on this one. 3 year olds can be taught to say almost anything. That doesn't mean they understand the implications of what they are saying; they tend to have blind faith in what their parents tell them. I'm sad to see her being taught to hate Jews but the same thing could happen anywhere.

But a tv show with a cartoonish character and a child role model, aimed at promoting war and hatred... That turns my stomach.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But a tv show with a cartoonish character and a child role model, aimed at promoting war and hatred... That turns my stomach.
The show was canceled by the Palestinian government, because of the outrage the show generated. It only ran one episode, but yes this is a very big problem.

As far as I can tell the only way you fight lies is to keep saying the truth and make it apparent.

KQ: I can only imagine similar lies were told to the Lamanites before they came out to fight against the Anti Nephi Lehis. As hard as it would be to encorporate the ANLs strategy, the favorable results are beyond dispute IMO.

I think the way Israel handles itself now is exactly what needs to happen and more if the hatred in the region is going to be snuffed out.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
The show was canceled by the Palestinian government, because of the outrage the show generated. It only ran one episode, but yes this is a very big problem.

That is false, on both counts. It ran for several Fridays initially. And the TV station has continued to have the show -- and even stepped it up a notch -- despite the government.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

What else can I say?

[Frown]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cashew
Member # 6023

- posted      Profile for Cashew   Email Cashew         Edit/Delete Post 
That's really disturbing. I also stand up for Muslims when people stereotype them all, but the thing that is most chilling to me about this video is not the little girl, I just feel sorry for her, but the lovely smiling faces of the interviewer and presenter who think it's wonderful and wish that all little Muslim children should be so perverted by their parents and that to them she is a picture of what a true Muslim is. "What can men do against such reckless hate?"
Posts: 867 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
quote:

As far as I can tell the only way you fight lies is to keep saying the truth and make it apparent.

KQ: I can only imagine similar lies were told to the Lamanites before they came out to fight against the Anti Nephi Lehis. As hard as it would be to encorporate the ANLs strategy, the favorable results are beyond dispute IMO.

I think the way Israel handles itself now is exactly what needs to happen and more if the hatred in the region is going to be snuffed out.

Is it weird that I expected a Mormonish parallel to be drawn before I actually got to one?
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotMe
Member # 10470

- posted      Profile for NotMe   Email NotMe         Edit/Delete Post 
I was all for religious tolerance, right up to that bit about Pepsi.

In all seriousness though, you know these people have a really messed up philosophy when their primary defining characteristic is who their enemies are. You just can't have peace with a philosophy like that. Until moderate Muslims repudiate that kind of thinking, Islam simply won't be trusted by the western world.

Posts: 145 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.