FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » David Beckham

Author Topic: David Beckham
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
so not fair

[ June 15, 2009, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: LargeTuna ]

Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
Now I hanker for fish.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

If he keeps playing good for England he'll never come to the states. i wanna see him play for the MLS even if its for the galaxy. anyone else bummed out? [Wall Bash] [Wall Bash] P.S. i love this gremlin
Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

[Wall Bash] [Wall Bash] [Wall Bash] [Wall Bash]
go wallbash!

LargeTuna
Member # 10512

Zidane is the bald guy, and Materazzi is the bricks
................. [Wall Bash] Italybash

pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to see him play for the MLS in the hopes that the team (the Galaxy I guess) comes to Houston to face the Dynamo. Then I'd get to see him play and possibly not pay out the nose for it.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
The bad news is Becks will make a ~68,000mile/110,000kilometer commute for TeamEngland while playing for the LAGalaxy.
The good news being that LA gets Posh.

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
If he plays in the MLS he will certainly come up against Real Salt Lake and you can bet Ill be there for THAT game. The more prestigious US soccer gets, the happier I will be.

However I have a love/hate relationship with the influx of Europeans/South Americans in the NBA. On the one hand they brought back the deadly outside shot to the NBA. But on the other they brought flopping, an obvious variation on the dive. BOOO!!!

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
"Beckham"
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
"But on the other they brought flopping, an obvious variation on the dive."

If I wanna watch tackle basketball, I'll play backlot.
NBA players, especially the top stars have gotten far far far too used to having the refs ignore flagrant fouls.

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by aspectre:
"But on the other they brought flopping, an obvious variation on the dive."

If I wanna watch tackle basketball, I'll play backlot.
NBA players, especially the top stars have gotten far far far too used to having the refs ignore flagrant fouls.

Yeah but that was people tucking the ball in and ducking their head while charging into a mass of defenders hoping to draw the easy foul.

It has gone to the opposite extreme where you can watch a player actually taking steps back from the defender and for some inexplicable reason a defender goes flying in the opposite direction and hits the ground and a foul is called on the offense.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

sorry about the spelling mistake earlier, i was tired. thanks for the correction on Beckham

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.