FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Have a short film idea? See it get made!

Author Topic: Have a short film idea? See it get made!
AutumnFire
Member # 7320

- posted      Profile for AutumnFire   Email AutumnFire         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there. I'm a film student at the University of Southern California. Soon, I will be directing a series of short films on subjects of my choosing. I'm soliciting ideas for these films. The only constraints are as follows:

•There is no dialog (not silent, just no dialog)

•The films must be five minutes long.

If I like your idea, you'll see it made with the latest equipment (35mm film lenses, so it'll have the "hyperreal" visual style of feature films) and SAG actors (read: the pros), as well as the resources of USC behind it. It could also be shown on the big screen at film festivals or on television. You will, of course, receive a credit on the film and a copy of the finished work.

Send me a note telling me why your idea will grab viewers' attention, and briefly lay out the beginning, middle, and end. I look forward to hearing from you.

Posts: 61 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
A decade ago, I did a stop-motion film about a group of shopping carts who escaped from a grocery store to their native home in the African veldt. Their escape was made more difficult due to the fact that one of them was hobbled (i.e. had a broken back wheel), and they were pursued by cart returners and the police.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
lol...
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Flying Dracula Hair
Member # 10155

- posted      Profile for The Flying Dracula Hair   Email The Flying Dracula Hair         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
A decade ago, I did a stop-motion film about a group of shopping carts who escaped from a grocery store to their native home in the African veldt. Their escape was made more difficult due to the fact that one of them was hobbled (i.e. had a broken back wheel), and they were pursued by cart returners and the police.

I would COMPLETELY love to see that
Posts: 299 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AutumnFire:
Hi there. I'm a film student at the University of Southern California.

And yet, you have never shown any interest in attending a single Shinda.

It's because I'm a UCLA alumna, isn't it?

[Cry]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.