FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » MattP is not MattB [now new & improved, with more conflated monikers!] (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: MattP is not MattB [now new & improved, with more conflated monikers!]
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
MattP ("Creationist Museum") is not MattB ("Anyone see Big Love" and "Mormon Meadows Massacre")

Although I like them both and really enjoy their posts, each of them. [Smile]

I only realized this morning that we had two different posters recently join [or rather, in the case of MattB, start posting a lot -- he joined in 2000!] with:

1. Similar forum names
2. Both Mormon (I think)
3. Both quite articulate
4. Both quite intelligent

If y'all already figured this out, or if there was a prior discussion about it, then my apologies. I've been out of the loop lately.

----

Also:
FlyingCow .................... is not MightyCow
Blayne Bradley ("BB") ... is not BlackBlade ("BB")
MattP ........................... is not MattB ................... is not MattD ("BB") .... is not MattR ("Mr. King")
Javert ........................... is not Javert Hugo
Flaming Toad on a Stick . is not "some other long username that begins with an F-word (though not the F-word)"
Eduardo_Sauron ........... is not Eduardo St. Elmo
Mr. Funny ...................... is not Mr. Squicky

[ June 20, 2007, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
(MattB did not join recently. His registration date is Aug 2000. But yes, MattP confused me initially, and it's probably good to get the clarification out there.)
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

I was in the midst of correcting myself already, but thank you. Much better to be accurate. [Smile]

Yeah, I realized it when someone said "welcome to Hatrack" to MattP, and I checked join dates.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
2. Both Mormon (I think)
That would really surprise me. In fact it was MattP's posts in religious threads that made me do a double-take and realize he wasn't MattB.
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd also like to add, again, for the record, that FlyingCow and MightyCow are entirely different people.

We get confused for each other enough that I figure this is as good a place as any to offer another reminder. [Big Grin]

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ClaudiaTherese:
Yeah, I realized it when someone said "welcome to Hatrack" to MattP, and I checked join dates.

I felt alittle self concious about having an indepth debate with somebody I had never properly greeted or who was not already a veteran of the site. [Wink]

edit: Also referring to Blayne Bradley as "BB" is not a good idea, as I retain that moniker exclusively for myself.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Someday, these users will combine to become SuperCow and MattPBBT!
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Unfortunately, dude, we've been calling Blayne BB since before you registered. So good luck with that.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
MattP seems to post more than MattB. I knew MattP wasn't MattB, but my brain kept wanting to fight with me, and congratulate MattP on a short film I'm pretty sure he had nothing to do with. *scrambled brain*

Um, Flying Cow... YOU are Matt also, yes or no?

*holds head to keep brains from asploding*

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

It was nice of you, BlackBlade!

---

JennaDean, I will let MattP speak for himself. He does quite well at that, and I don't know the man a'tall myself.

However, I can tell you this is what made me think he was Mormon:

quote:
[from the "Creationist Museum," page 17]

I also attend Sacrament Meeting with my wife every week, help out in the nursery and with boy scouts, and participate in all the ward activities except temple days.

Of course, what level and content of faith and practice is necessary to be considered a true Mormon might well differ, depending on who you are asking. It's not a discussion I can add much to myself, as an outsider. But I think he still identifies as a member of the LDS Church.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ElJay:
Unfortunately, dude, we've been calling Blayne BB since before you registered. So good luck with that.

Was Blayne on hatrack under some sort of other name? I believe I registered before he did.

edit: Although I can understand why the mistake was made, now that you are informed you have a duty to repent.

I will accept "bb" as a valid way to address Blayne. [Big Grin]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

BlackBlade = Jul 2005
Blayne Bradley = Aug 2005

---

I look forward to using as many confusing nicknames for other people as possible. I am moving into the Chaotic Good arc of my personality parabola.

---

"Good" because I am resisting creating a "MattD" forum account. *whistles innocently

ElJay
Member # 6358

Yes, he was here under at least one other name, I think two.

quote:
Although I can understand why the mistake was made, now that you are informed you have a duty to repent.
Dream on.
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

quote:
Originally posted by ElJay:
Yes, he was here under at least one other name, I think two.

Agreed.
quote:
Dream on.
Also agreed. [Wink]
MattD
Member # 10588

- posted      Profile for MattD   Email MattD         Edit/Delete Post 
I am frail. A frail, weak human being. Alas!

---

Edited to add:

Please, feel free to call me "BB." [Big Grin]

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
This is not the first time.

MattB is Matt Bowman. Here in Virginia, there is a Matt Bowen, who was also 1) Mormon, 2) in the same ward, 3) getting a PhD in something religion-related, and 4) acquainted with all of the same people. When I first moved here, I had a horrifying conversation with a girl whom I had never heard of who claimed to have never heard of me, despite her hanging out with Matt every day. Bowman and Bowen met recently, and I was hoping for some sort of matter/antimatter explosion.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I was under the name Sid Meier before that though and Im pretty sure everyone knew my name then.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

quote:
Um, Flying Cow... YOU are Matt also, yes or no?
Yes, Olivia, I'm also a Matt... but I'd be a MattR. [Smile]
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Now I want to register the name anti-MattR
Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattR
Member # 10589

- posted      Profile for MattR   Email MattR         Edit/Delete Post 
Hiya, folks.

*shyly

---

I go by "Mr. King", myself.

---

(PS: If anyone legitimately wants these names, they are yours. I am just playing. --CT)

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
I never realized that there was a MightyCow / FlyingCow confusion. Clearly, being mighty and having the power of flight are very different.

I think we both have the power... to move you.

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BannaOj:
Now I want to register the name anti-MattR

AJ wins.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of similar names, didn't kat have an alt name of "JavertHugo"?
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, that's right. I'd forgotten about this alt.

Banna, you're brilliant. I got it on the third try.

Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

(added to list)
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
Copyright infringement!!!!!!!

*quickly hides every copy of "Les Miserables" so he can claim the name*

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I always get Flaming Toad on a Stick confused with some other long username that begins with an F-word (though not the F-word).
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Dream on.
Oh I will.
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
Eduardo_Sauron and Eduardo St. Elmo. I got those two confused for the longest time.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Dream until your dreams come true.

---

Edited to add: (added FToaS (to be updated later) and the Eduardos to the list)

BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I've accidentally mixed Mr. Funny with Mr. Squicky at first glance.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

Aren't there several people with "kat"-like names? I remember seeing some posts and being confused.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] I was first.
Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
There's katharina and Katarain.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
And KrankyKat.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

quote:
Originally posted by El JT de Spang:

Yeah, I get those two confused in my head frequently.
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not Trevor.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Remember the Saxons and the Mighty Phallus of Doom?

Hmm. That almost sounds like a good Chick lit title.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HolyCow
Member # 10590

- posted      Profile for HolyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MightyCow:
I never realized that there was a MightyCow / FlyingCow confusion. Clearly, being mighty and having the power of flight are very different.

I do believe that the HolyCow trumps both the MightyCow and the FlyingCow.

Got Moo?

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Don't you mean "moooove"?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pooka:
Remember the Saxons and the Mighty Phallus of Doom?

Hmm. That almost sounds like a good Chick lit title.

Well, it would get taught in Women's Studies, that's for sure...
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OmniCow
Member # 10591

- posted      Profile for OmniCow           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by HolyCow:
quote:

I do believe that the HolyCow trumps both the MightyCow and the FlyingCow.

Got Moo?

I'm afraid I find this blatant braggary of base bovines, belittling.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by El JT de Spang:

Yeah, I get those two confused in my head frequently.
Oddly enough, I don't have any trouble distinguishing those two, because one "k" is capitalized and the other isn't. The ones that get me are the profusion of lower-case "k" names (katharina, ketchupqueen, kmbboots, etc).

The BBs and VariousCows often trip me up as well.

Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
Uh, yeah. I used MattP at Ornery, so I used the same name here. I really need something more creative. Any suggestions?

Oh, and I'm not LDS but my wife is.

Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

Bunch of copy cows!
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

That's what I thought when you signed up. [Razz]

I began to understand Storm Saxon and saxon75's pain. There have been quite a few times someone's responded to me about something Mighty's said. [Grumble]

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't Blayne have a couple of other screennames, like Reticulum and Advent something?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, has Katarain posted recently?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
No I am fairly certain I was TomDavidson before.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.