FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What is your Deathly Hallows theory? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: What is your Deathly Hallows theory?
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
We've had threads on bizarre Deathly Hallows theory and we've had ones about buying the book and waiting for the book.

But what is your Deathly Hallows theory?

Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I want them in print just so I can gloat, or pout.

Tonks dies but Lupin doesn't, Snape is good but dies saving Harry, Neville becomes a teacher at Hogwarts. I have more and will add before the book comes out.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Regulus Black is alive and will meet up with Harry, and Harry will think it's Sirius for a moment but will quickly put that theory to rest as RAB is nothing like Sirius.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlueWizard
Member # 9389

- posted      Profile for BlueWizard   Email BlueWizard         Edit/Delete Post 
In a long complex twisting and turning of events, Harry will be possessed by Voldemort, but unknown to Harry, he also has the power of possession, and will turn the possession around. It will then be Harry possessing Voldemort.

Harry will then quickly drag Voldemort behind the Veil. As fate would have it, it turns out if you go behind the Veil while possessing someone, it constitutes 'special circumstances', and the individuals in question do not die and are not trapped behind the Veil, AS LONG AS they stay join by possession.

Once Harry realizes this, he will transfer his possession to Sirius, who is also behind the Veil under 'special circumstances', and the two of them will return from behind the Veil leaving Voldemort behind to rot.

You heard it here first. (probably)

Steve/BlueWizard

Posts: 803 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
Harry Potter is actually Satan.

wait... thats not a new one...

shucks, those fundamentalists get me every time.

Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Harry Potter will not die. That's the first thing. I'm actually kind of surprised that anyone seriously thinks, after reading the first six books, that Rowling would kill Harry.

Snape's deal was that he was in love with Lily Evans. That's why he turned to Dumbledore; out of regret for passing the prophecy on to Voldemort and getting Lily killed. That's also why he hates Harry so much. It isn't just that he looks like James (though that's part of it). But Lily died to save Harry, and that infuriates Snape. He's transfered some of his guilt for her death into blaming Harry for it.

Dumbledore will rise like a phoenix.

And yes, RAB is Regulus Black.

Snape will be one of the two deaths Rowling promised in the final book, and he'll die heroically. The other death will be Neville, and he'll die heroically as well.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

I could see a Deatheater attack on Privet drive and Harry decides to save his family. (which would be helped on if Hermione and Ron are there). They go into hiding at Grimmauld place. I think Harry will find out about what RAB (who is Regulus Black) knows- either from him or from his writings or something in Grimmauld place. Petunia will then explain what she knows and then Harry will go to the wedding and then to Godric's Hollow and be all morose and hope to kill Voldemort even more.

After a while Harry will be in the middle of destroying a horcrux when he will be nearly killed by Deatheater(s), but Snape will apparate in and help Harry escape- whether he's seen or not is beyond me.

Snape will then explain everything to Harry- that was between him and Dumbledore. He will then teach Harry occlumency and nonverbal spellcasting.

During the final battle I think Snape will die and either Hermione or Hagrid will die. Peter Pettigrew will somehow save Harry's life- and in the final climactic moment Harry will kill Voldemort but in the process he'll have to sacrifice himself.

Actually I don't think that's very likely (except RAB being Regulus Black and Peter Pettigrew will help Harry in some way)

Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Any of you read the hacker post? (if there was a thread on this already, I didn't see it). Wondering what you thought of it if you did.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Farmgirl:
Any of you read the hacker post? (if there was a thread on this already, I didn't see it). Wondering what you thought of it if you did.

FG

I couldn't find the post on the page it stated it was to be found on.

edit: Found it, I'm calling it bunk, even if he did indeed hack it, his synopsis of the book makes no sense.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

I read a synopsis- I think it's complete crap. It seemed really quite stupid.
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Farmgirl:

I read it. It was stupid.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Lisa and all others, I really don't think Rowling promised two deaths and I'm getting sick of the articles that have said she did. The way I read it (and I know at least some others did as well) she killed two people who were not going to die in her outline back when she wrote book 1. She also kept one person alive who she was going to kill back in book 1. I don't think Snape would be someone that changed in that number of years. Lupin vs Tonks could be.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
This just occurred to me.

What if one of the final horcruxes is Moody's eye?

No reason for it, but I would find it amusing.

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
Ever since Wormtail got his silver hand I've thought that it would be used to kill a werewolf. I don't think that it will be Lupin. I think Wormtail will switch sides once again and will kill Fenrir Greyback to defend Harry.
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

Oh yeah, and I also hope that the two misfits of the DA get together at some point, Neville and Luna. That's just make me smile.
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
Regulus Black is dead. The horcrux was destroyed by the Radio Advertising Bureau*. End of story.

*yep, they're that powerful.

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
You know why Harry's not going to die? Because JK Rowling is constantly reminding us that he might. Every time someone says, Will Harry end up with [insert name]? she says, You're assuming I won't kill him! all light-hearted. She's not killing him. There's no way. I would lay any amount of money on it.

However, I am hoping that Percy redeems himself and dies nobly.

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
I predict some Weasley deaths.

Draco Malfoy will follow Snape's example and reform.

I'm with Fyfe regarding Harry's survival chances.

In keeping with Rowling's views on death and acceptance, Sirius is good and gone forever. The mirror might come back and be useful for something, but I will be disappointed if any connection is made with Sirius.

Snape is going to die. Considering Rowling's feelings for the character, I think he's going to get a great, dramatic send-off.

I don't know about Lupin. I can see him making it out alive, but it would be weird to leave him as the single surviving Marauder (Pettigrew is SOO gone!)

I see a good future for Neville.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Snape and Harry will die. She has to kill Harry to prove she really isn't going to continue the series.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno, I don't think Harry will die. I think, despite it all, she's the "happy ending" type.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I bet (or maybe would just like to see) the war will spill over so that the human nations take notice and join in.
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

There'll be a crossover with the Buffy Season Eight comic book, and Willow and Ginny will wind up together.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Willow is more Luna's type.
Shawshank
Member # 8453

Just imagine what laser-guided missles would do to some of the different areas- I bet they could hurt Voldy's lair. The wizards so underestimate the muggles I could see all muggles just killing them all.

Probably make some sort of genetic anomaly that the scientists would find and then make a virus that attacks those genes.

I should spread that rumor around on mugglenet or one of those sites- Haha.

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Harry will die, or it will be lame.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
quote:
Harry will die, or it will be lame.

Ditto.

Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Why would that make it lame?
It's too depressing beyond words for a solid good guy to die and evil to win. I hope she doesn't go the route of that director of the movie Dancer in the Dark. He goes out of his way to make his movies end as depressing as humanly possible. Why is that necessary?
But, I also hope she doesn't take the opposite route which is straining to make the ending too happy and sunny.
A story that is dark, intense and full of the good stuf that makes the stories appealing with a believable ending is what I want.
I think the Muggle world will find out about the wizards and that Harry will live, but it will be a painful journey to that end.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. I couldn't imagine evil triumphing. It would be dark and very out of sync in regards to how the other books have ended.

I expect Harry to make it out alive and for Voldemort and his followers to be defeated. But I don't think this means a super-happy, lame ending. There will certainly be alot of loss and carnage because that's how life is sometimes and Rowling is not one to shy away from heavy issues like death and grief.

I think it'll be a bittersweet ending.

I used to think that Rowling would let Harry live but finish off everyone close to him (as seems to be the pattern with his parents, then Sirius, and now Dumbledore.) But that's WAY too depressing to leave him all alone like that. However, I still worry that Ron won't make it out alive. I'm re-reading the books now and its reminding me how much I love Ron's character. I think I'll cry for days if he doesn't make it. Though, it'll be just as bad to see him lose family because with that many Weasleys in the world, they can't all survive.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

I never said Voldy would win- just that Harry will die. I think in the final act of killing Voldemort Harry will sacrifice himself.

I think she'd kill off Hermione before Ron.

Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Hermione and Ron are both going to make it. Ginny too. Don't worry.
Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in the camp that is thoroughly convinced Harry will NOT die. I also agree with several of the theories people have mentioned here. I'm a little worried that Hagrid might die. I think Lupin will die by the hand of Pettigrew (solo, what is your reasoning that Pettigrew would ever change sides? I don't see any support for that). I think the trio (Harry, Ron, and Hermione) will all be alive at the end. And I'm with those who believe that Snape is good and will die a heroic death saving Harry.
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SC Carver
Member # 8173

- posted      Profile for SC Carver   Email SC Carver         Edit/Delete Post 
I am not sure how she is going to work in the love trump card Dumbledore kept talking about. I guess it will have something to do with the “there is no greater love than to lay down your life for someone else” concept. Self preservation is at the core of Voldermort’s character, so he may be vulnerable to self sacrifice. It's something that would not easy come to mind for him because he would assume everyone else thinks similarly.

My prediction is someone will lay down their life to save Harry. Snape seems like the most likely candidate. I also agree Harry will not get out unscathed. Someone close to him will also die in the battle, Ron or Ginny. I think Rowling’s will want to also make the point that evil is not defeated without paying a price.

Not that Harry has been unscathed to this point, His parents, Godfather, and Mentor have all died, but the lose of Ron, Herminie or Ginny would really be on different level. He never really got to spend too much time any of the previously deceased, but the others have been his best friends for 6-7 years.

Posts: 555 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
*waves hand mysteriously*

It was all the dream of a young man with a snowglobe in his hands.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Harry and Ron and Hermoine apparate into London, where they meet J.K. Rowling.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Ron and Hemoine survive, get married.
Ginny and Harry Survive and are a couple.
Hagrid survives and wins the admiration of the Russian Giant.
All Wesley's survive with the possible exception of one of the twins.
Neville proves himself a first rate Auror, but does not survive. (the books are full of people making sacrifices for Harry. Neville, the ultimate underdog hero will be no exception).
Snape dies gloriously, and quite heroically.
Voldemort dies.
Malfoy will betray his father and join the good sides.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
Harry and Ron and Hermoine apparate into London, where they meet J.K. Rowling.

...and then travel to Maine and run into Stephen King.
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
Harry will wake up and discover it was all a dream...

---

Snape will die heroically. Neville won't die though, she'll want to show us how he'll become successful in some job or another. Probably something to do with Herbology. Ron might die. That'll be a real shocker. Dumbledore won't come back but he'll provide some kind of beyond-the-grave help. Harry definitely won't die. Hermione will become a teacher at Hogwarts. Harry might eventually become Headmaster if she shows us that far ahead.

Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
That's French Giant.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
I predict that Harry and Ginny will get back together. Some disagree with me, including Mugglenet, but many of those saying this relationship will not be are overlooking some important things:

The thing Harry has the Voldemort has not is the ability to love. *****

Well, really, that's the most important thing. Other than that, I can't help but notice how carefully she's built this relationship over the years. She made sure not to get them together until Ginny and Harry were properly mature and Ginny ha gotten over her schoolgirl's crush. I also note that Ginny is a powerful witch in her own right and would be an asset to Harry. I don't see her slipping away in the last book and I think if they both live through it, the feelings they still have for one another (they broke up because Harry ha to go after Voldemort -- not because he didn't like her) will reignite.

###

I think one of the great things Rowling has done is to leave me unsure of whether or not Harry will die. I honestly think she could kill him. BUT, I don't think she will. I could be wrong, but I'll go on record saying he'll live and it's in part because she doesn't need to kill him to prove anything -- the fear that he might die is enough.

###

I think Snape was loyal to Dumbledore for a time but turned back to Voldemort in the sixth book. I make no guesses as to how this will play out in the seventh book, although there will definitely be a confrontation between Harry and Snape and Snape will almost certainly die. He might even die saving Harry's life because whatever made him loyal to Dumbledore in the first place still exists somewhere in his two-faced heart.

###

Predicted deaths (and I agree, Rowlin said 2 MORE would die...I have a feeling there will be much slaughter)

1. Voldemort (duh)
2. Snape
3. Mad Eye Moody
4. Neville (heroically)
5. at least one Weasley (hopefully not Ginny)

###

I think Harry will become the new (and permanent) Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MoonRabbit
Member # 3652

- posted      Profile for MoonRabbit   Email MoonRabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
My crazy predictions:

1. Harry's Aunt Violet (or whatever her name is) will come out of the closet as a witch, and will admit that her son Dudley is actually half house-elf. She kept Harry under the stairs because it reminded her of her one true love.

2. Draco, not Harry is the one talked about in the prophecy; "the mark upon him" is the death eater tattoo, not the scar of Harry's head. Dumbledore knew this and spent the past seven years convincing Voldemort and all his followers that it was Harry, to make sure Voldemort would ignore Draco.

Posts: 173 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

quote:
(solo, what is your reasoning that Pettigrew would ever change sides? I don't see any support for that).
Originally from PoA (Pg 427 in my book):

quote:
"Pettigrew owes his life to you. You have sent Voldemort a deputy who is in your debt.... When one wizard saves another wizard's life, it creates a certain bond between them... And I'm much mistaken if Voldemort wants his servant in the debt of Harry Potter..... This is magic at its deepest, its most imprenetrable... But trust me.... the time may come when you will be very glad you saved Pettigrew's life."
That's a pretty big section for Rowling to drop a hint- about half a page. At least. That's my reasoning.
BlueWizard
Member # 9389

- posted      Profile for BlueWizard   Email BlueWizard         Edit/Delete Post 
Fyfe

Hermione and Ron are both going to make it. Ginny too. ...

So... er... the next book is X rate then is it?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Surprised no one beat me to it.

In case you don't get it, it's a play on words. Hermoine and Ron are both going to make it.

I never said I was deep.

Steve/BlueWizard

Posts: 803 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Shawshank:
quote:
(solo, what is your reasoning that Pettigrew would ever change sides? I don't see any support for that).

quote:
"Pettigrew owes his life to you. You have sent Voldemort a deputy who is in your debt.... When one wizard saves another wizard's life, it creates a certain bond between them... And I'm much mistaken if Voldemort wants his servant in the debt of Harry Potter..... This is magic at its deepest, its most imprenetrable... But trust me.... the time may come when you will be very glad you saved Pettigrew's life."
That's a pretty big section for Rowling to drop a hint- about half a page. At least. That's my reasoning.

It already happened, though. When they resurrected Voldemort, Pettigrew just slashed Harry's arm for the blood, rather than his neck.
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by MoonRabbit:
1. Harry's Aunt Violet (or whatever her name is) will come out of the closet as a witch,

Petunia as a witch isn't crazy at all.
Javert
Member # 3076

quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
quote:
Originally posted by Shawshank:
quote:

quote:

It already happened, though. When they resurrected Voldemort, Pettigrew just slashed Harry's arm for the blood, rather than his neck.
I disagree. Although not explicitly said, I imagine that Wormtail was ordered not to kill Harry to get his blood. Voldemort duelling Harry in front of his Death Eaters seemed too well planned.

It looks like Dumbledore is suggesting a magical bond...though I could be wrong. If it is magical, I think the question would be, what would happen if Wormtail tried to slit Harry's throat? Having a life-debt isn't as perfect a protection as the one Harry had against Voldy, because Wormtail was able to cut him. But what if he is unable to kill him?

hansenj
Member # 4034

quote:
A friend of mine reminded me of this part last night. I can picture something happening where Pettigrew makes up his life debt to Harry at a crucial moment in Deathly Hallows, but I still don't think he'll ever "switch sides." He's too cowardly.
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

Voldemort's whole plan in GoF was to be resurrected and then kill Harry in the duel. If Pettigrew killed him- I think Voldemort would have killed Pettigrew.

I don't know what event(s) will transpire for Pettigrew to repay his life-debt. But the point is made over and over again that Peter is really repulsed by Voldy.

I don't think he'll choose to switch sides and be spy like Snape- but I could see in the heat of battle getting confused, changing his mind, and saves Harry- maybe by killing someone like Fenrir.

solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by hansenj:
quote:
A friend of mine reminded me of this part last night. I can picture something happening where Pettigrew makes up his life debt to Harry at a crucial moment in Deathly Hallows, but I still don't think he'll ever "switch sides." He's too cowardly.
The crucial moment switch is more what I meant. I think Pettigrew will die either during or right after this moment. I don't think he will switch sides in the sense of working with the good guys directly, only momentarily (as Fenrir is about to kill Harry or something along those lines).
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

Huh. Interesting! [Cool]
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
There is no seventh book. With the money Rowling's saved from her previous books and what she's already gotten from presales, she'll be able to disappear forever having pulled off the greatest scam in the 21st century.

Seriously, though, these are excellent predictions. I don't really know what to think. I don't think Harry's going to die, though.

Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.