FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What happened to all the threads?

Author Topic: What happened to all the threads?
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
All of the threads that were started by Puffy Treat seem to no longer exist (at least for the last several days; I didn't check further). Is it a glitch in the software, a hack attack, what?

Has Puffy Treat joined a witness protection program and now he needs to delete all online traces?

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
That's creepy, I didn't notice until you said something.

Did you email PJ?

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey yeah...what the heck?
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Just an impulse. I'm currently unemployed, and was shocked to discover just how high my post count had gotten...99% of it movie/TV fanboy garbage. [Frown]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes] Yeah, that's a really good reason to delete other people's words.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

You deleted them yourself?

And for that reason?

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Lyr: Yes, and yes.

...and I wasn't expecting this reaction, so I've obviously made a bit of a mistake.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, deleting other people's posts without a good reason is considered pretty bad form.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

I wasn't doing it to delete other people's posts.

I honestly did not think the threads I had started on entertainment stuff and the occasional meat scam were important.

Obviously, I was wrong...I was feeling depressed and mad at myself, I made a bad decision.

I'm sorry.

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
How long have you been unemployed?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe not important in the grand scheme of things, but Hatrack has lots of fluff threads. They're a nice break from the intense debates. I often enjoy getting my daily Puffy's Entertainment News. And although it's sometimes a surprise when you start non-entertainment-related-threads, as far as I can remember they've all been interesting and discussion-generating.

I'm sorry that you've been feeling depressed. I know how hard that can be. Perhaps this is a bit presumptuous, but if you feel like you need someone new to talk to, feel free to email me.

I hope things get better for you.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
How long have you been unemployed?

Since May 23rd.

tcw: Thank you.

Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Puff, you've been keeping me in the loop. I love your threads.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Bad form on an online forum or not, you could have done much more despicable things today than delete all your Hatrack threads containing other people's words.

Honestly. Don't feel TOO bad about it. The sun will rise tomorrow. [Smile]

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yeah, Puff, you've been keeping me in the loop. I love your threads.
I do too. Honestly, since I don't watch TV anymore, they're the only reason that I know that movies that I might like are happening.

Sorry you're going through a rough patch, Puffy. What kind of job are you looking for, out of curiosity?

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
Or will it? [Eek!]

Puffy, if the world ends tomorrow, it's all your fault. Just sayin...

Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
I like to roll into fluffy lightweight entertainment threads and start intense debates. Perhaps I am not part of the solution.
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:
Lyr: Yes, and yes.

...and I wasn't expecting this reaction, so I've obviously made a bit of a mistake.

To say nothing of people's usual reactions to thread deletion (bad), why would you think no one likes your threads? They're always read and responded to, and I think people here love getting the frequent updates on the newest movie news and TV news. I love the updates, it saves me the trouble of having to do any of the searching myself [Wink] .

You don't have to participate in "serious" threads to be a member here, heck, sometimes I feel like less of a member for mostly sticking to the "serious" threads. I'm sorry you felt that way, and I'm sorry to hear about your job woes. How's the search for a new job going?

Keep us updated on your situation, if you feel comfortable doing so. And keep the movie updates coming!

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Stay strong Puffy.
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
I like them...
Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Puffy, you know I love you. I've told you so in a bunch of threads!

Here, let me link to them . . .

Oh, wait . . .

[Wink]

If it makes you feel any better, I once deleted every post I ever made on Hatrack. Nobody noticed, though. And CERTAINLY nobody complained.

I think that means I'm not the only one who loves you.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I really like the entertainment/movie threads. Keep them coming PT!
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Entertainment news is the main reason I come to Hatrack lately. I remember with particular fondness your thread when the posters for Pirates 3 was released.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, so I think it's official now. You're not even allowed to go get a job. Hatrack needs you to spend all your time posting entertainment fluff threads!

Kidding aside, good luck from a fellow mostly fluff poster. Hope you're able to find a job soon that you'll enjoy and will meet your needs.

[ July 07, 2007, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Uprooted ]

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
what kinda job are you looking for Puffy? Any way we can help network you into a job?
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz B
Member # 8238

- posted      Profile for Liz B   Email Liz B         Edit/Delete Post 
I like all of the entertainment updates, too, even though I pretty much never post in them. Puffy via Hatrack is pretty much my only pop culture connection. [Smile]
Posts: 834 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to admit I've been a thread deleter in the past. It does feel good for a few minutes, but usually it's best done if you don't delete multiple threads at once. Most of mine though were decisions I regretted a few months later, not the decison of posting so often.

Good luck on the job hunt.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Your movie threads have never been "fanboy garbage." I'm surprised to hear that you are unemployed, I assumed you must be in the movie business.

Good luck in your job hunt, and don't get too down on yourself in the meantime.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
The only way to remedy this is to start a hand full of new fluff threads.

Get to it!

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
I like the fluff threads. They're the only thing I can really get involved in because I tend to avoid the intense debates. [Smile]

Heh, I once deleted a few of my posts in the last post thread because I was ticked at how fast my post count went up. When I saw it didn't make a difference, I stopped. The only thing it did was put all the 'new page' posts off.

But stay strong, Puffy. We all love you. I too use your threads to stay caught up on entertainment.

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
My mind is going... I can feel it... Daisy... Daisy...
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy crap am I glad I stumbled on this thread. I can finally stop pulling my hair out trying to find the Ratatouille thread!

I'm sad to hear it was deleted, I held off reading it until I saw the movie, wondering what all of you thought about it as well as things you may have noticed that I did not.

One less thread to enjoy, but as somebody noted the sun will rise again. I like your threads Puffy, get a job AND post your fluffy threads please.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Puffy Treat:
I wasn't doing it to delete other people's posts.

I honestly did not think the threads I had started on entertainment stuff and the occasional meat scam were important.

Are you kidding? [Wink] I don't have to visit any media sites now, thanks to your diligence on Hatrack. [Big Grin]

But if that's interfering with well...jobs...

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
The short of it is that we all like you a lot, Puffy, regardless of whether you post your movie threads or not. Much as I enjoy them, I wouldn't want you to feel like you needed to post them.

Do let us know what kind of work you're looking to do, and what areas you'd be willing to do it in. You never know what kind of offers might stem from it.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I like those threads. They are cool, keep posting them, or I will spam the forum with stuff about Dir en grey.

and I too need a job. [Frown]
I hate being unemployed.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't consider entertainment news fluff threads.

Fluff threads are games like the last post thread or other game threads. Or threads about pretty much nothing.

Discussing what Micheal Bay did to Transformers is just as much a moral discussion as discussing genocide.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Puffy, DUDE. I have to say I usually lurk lately, but I ALWAYS check out your threads. If it were not for you, I'd be considerably less informed about all sorts of things I find of interest.

AAMOF, I even mentally placed you in my "Information Asset" category. I feel horrible that I didn't tell you this before now. I just assumed you had to know how great it is to have somebody who is up on stuff like that posting it here. I would totally let my subscription to Entertainment Weekly lapse if you promise not to stop when you get a job. [Wink] [Big Grin]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
I went nuts looking for the thread about the new Jim Carrey Christmas movie. I had a great response (I thought it was anyway) and I wanted to see the reaction.

It's no big deal. The boredom and misery of unemployment and the stress of a job search is far worse than a lost thread. Good luck on the search.

Keep the news coming, please! This is the only place I care about entertainment news.

Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by docmagik:
Nobody noticed, though. And CERTAINLY nobody complained.

You know, I believe I did, but I wasn't quite sure how recently it had happened or whether I should say something.

I didn't realize it was a cry for help. [Wink]

Puffy, allow me to join in the chorus. I like your threads. [Smile]

Good luck with the job hunt!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

I think part of it may have been I went all the way out to a pre-interview and a full interview this week, full of hopes...only to find out they weren't actually hiring until October. [Razz]

One would think they'd have mentioned that up front.

I was in a bad mood after that.

Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Were you the one who made the office thread? *cries at its loss*
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

I have yet to actually see an episode of The Office...so, no. [Smile]
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Even those who delete their threads mostly regret their actions later. I dunno why it's still even allowed.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
Even those who delete their threads mostly regret their actions later.

I don't believe that is accurate. I've appreciated having the option once or twice.

Anyway, as is pointed out every time this discussion comes up, there is no way to allow people to delete individual posts without allowing the deletion of entire threads (by deleting the OP). I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not willing to make the trade-off.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes but you could always go in and edit your post, and remove all the words. That's the same as deleting it. So, I could see making thread deletion not possible anymore so long as we could still edit posts to remove words we regretted. Then we could leave behind an explanation of why we deleted our words.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Belle:
Yes but you could always go in and edit your post, and remove all the words. That's the same as deleting it.

It's not, actually.

*shrug* It doesn't really matter. I think it's clear that TPTB are unlikely to change the status quo, at least until the board's software changes (whenever that happens).

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.