FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Lyrhawn!

Author Topic: Lyrhawn!
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Adam! I hope you're still up, because I really want to talk to you. I can't get on AIM because it costs too much here in Australia. You should email me. I hope you've been getting my messages. How is the planning for your trip coming?
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
AIM costs money in Australia? Weird...
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, at my university it costs money to even be on the internet, but going to websites is a lot cheaper than going on AIM. I haven't even gotten the proxy to set it up yet. My RA doesn't know how. So yeah, it costs money.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Email sent, to the new aeva email address. The last email I got was I think from you in Hawaii, and I didn't realize it was you at first because I had no idea you were going to San Francisco or Hawaii (that's WAS you right? (and it was San Fran right?)).
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Lyrhawn, you should come visit me Downriver before you journey overseas...
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Oh I'm not going overseas, just down south. White water rafting in PA, Disneyworld, Mammoth Caves in KY, plus a ton of other stuff. Two weeks of road tripping, camping, and old friends.

However, I'm not against gettin together with both a fellow Detroiter and fellow racker for lunch some day. How'd your party go last week (or was it the week before?)

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
It went really well! Hyper fun. Hundreds if not a couple thousand people down in Wyandotte by the river.

Do you have myspace?
Go ahead and friend me: www.myspace.com/karlsilvertree

We'll hang out sometime!

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
When are you coming down again?
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Karl -

I'm steadfastly refusing to get a Myspace account, but I am on Facebook, if you're there. It's getting down to crunch time before my trip and I have a ton of details as of yet untidied up, but I'll be relatively free for a few weeks when I get back in mid-August until school starts up in September if you want to hang out sometime in there, maybe we could meet up somewhere for the Dream Cruise? I don't know if you're a Firefly fan or not, but the Main Art Theater in Royal Oak is playing Serenity the weekend of the Dream Cruise as well. Just some ideas.

Icarus -

I'll be in Orlando I believe the 7th and 8th of August. I honestly don't know if I'm going to have time to meet up with anyone though, that's up in the air at the moment. I found out a week ago that my cousins are all going to be at Disneyworld the exact time I am, and they're a gaggle of rather energetic four to eight year olds who seem to view me as a human playground. The 7th I can say for sure I won't have time, we're busy from dawn to dusk with stuff. We're doing the Pirate Adventure dinner by the way, despite the poor review you gave their food [Wink] I'll let you know how that goes, but when we looked at all the different places, the Pirate thing looked like a pretty awesome show, so we decided to brave the food and take our chances. Either we'll have you to thank for the idea, or you'll get an "I told you so moment" out of it [Smile] . We're also doing an airboat ride that night. We'll be cutting it a litte close on the timing, and we'll have to leave Magic Kingdom really early (and miss a lot of stuff, but it's a sacrifice we're willing to make), but I think we can fit it all in.

I might be able to get free the night of the 8th if we finish at the park early enough. We're hoping to do MGM Studios all in one day, which I've been assured is quite doable with the use of Fastpasses and quickness of foot. I have to talk it over with my friends and see how they'll feel about visitors, but they're generally a friendly lot, so I don't forsee any problems. Give me a week to get back to you with a better answer (one of them is camping and won't be back until next week).

PS. We actually get there the night of the 6th, but I'm not sure what time we'll get there yet. We start off in Charleston that morning and want to spend some time there before heading down, so I'm not exactly sure what time we're planning to be in Orlando, but I can get you better answer on that too in a week when we've planned things out more precisely.

zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Make sure you check your watch during the day of the 7th. If you look east at the right time, you'll see the shuttle taking off.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Ah thanks for the reminder! I meant to double check the NASA takeoff schedule to see if the shuttle launch had been bumped at all. How good is visibility of the shuttle launch from Orlando? Could we drive over to an area where we'd see it better? Anyone know?
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Unless it's cloudy, you should be able to see it out at Disney. Obviously, the farther east you head, the better you'll see it.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

Mid-August?
Ok. [Smile]
Go ahead and give me an email: pythagoras3 @ yahoo.com

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.