FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Zeitgeist

Author Topic: Zeitgeist
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone looking foward to the new Smashing Pumpkins album? Anyone buy it already? I've heard fairly negative reviews from most sources. But some of the more respectable ones have been saying otherwise.

What does Hatrack think?

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm cautious. What I've heard (single + track over the credits of the Transformers movie) doesn't sound bad. The lyrics seem pretty horrible, but I gave Siamese Dream another listen to last night and the lyrics aren't stellar there, either.

I have to go to Best Buy today anyway. I'll probably pick it up.

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm interested in taking a listen. I like Tarantula quite a bit. I haven't paid much attention to the lyrics though.
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
According to Pollstar it was mediocre and they gave it 3/5 stars, stating it had one or two memorable tracks. Flagpole gave it a much more favorable review saying it turned out much better then anticipated, and gave it 3/4 stars.

I might hit up itunes and download the tracks I think are good. But I doubt I'll buy the next album.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Qaz
Member # 10298

- posted      Profile for Qaz           Edit/Delete Post 
Zeitgeist by Bruce Sterling. The perfect companion volume? Good book anyway.
Posts: 544 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
Meh. Billy Corgan is a whiny teenage girl. And I loved The Smashing Pumpkins back when I was a whiny teenage girl. But the idea of Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlin at this point in my life is a little nauseating. Also, if Billy doesn't have James Iha to temper him, his voice and writing style would drive me bonkers. [/end complaint.]
Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orlox
Member # 2392

- posted      Profile for orlox           Edit/Delete Post 
3 Tracks:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=11827622

Posts: 675 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.