FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Soon I Will Be Invincible

Author Topic: Soon I Will Be Invincible
Cabarey
Member # 10717

- posted      Profile for Cabarey   Email Cabarey         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been a fan of superheroes since I was four and watching the original Bruce Timm Batman television show. It's something I was actually planning, too. Not having someone to draw my stories, I was just going to write it out.

My favorite part of this novel was the deep narrations the two main characters gave. I really loved being shown the vulnerability of Doctor Impossible, or Fatale's inability to feel she fit in amongst the Champions. I really don't know where to begin discussing this book, and on top of that, I'm rather tired and I'm mixing words together like "justing go".

Anyone else read it?

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
No but it sounds interesting. And welcome to Hatrack! [Smile]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
This sounded interesting. I put it on hold at my local library.

Then I made the mistake of reading the interview with the author over at SciFi.com.

He goes on and on about how his super-hero story treats the heroes as actual human beings, with flaws, feelings, and lives beyond the costume...and how this is an angle that has -never- been done before in the comics, cartoons, TV shows, books, and movies.

[Roll Eyes]

Still intend to read it, but I find myself hoping the pompous elements of the interview and his obliviousness to the genre's evolution haven't harmed the book.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluenessuno
Member # 5535

- posted      Profile for bluenessuno   Email bluenessuno         Edit/Delete Post 
It's hilarious, it's great! The Evil Genius explaining the imperative to World Domination and the rookie joining the Newly reformed team are a delight. Let the interview go and have fun with these characters.
Posts: 61 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, no fair! The British get their cover done by Bryan Hitch:

The U.S. version is this pink thing with Thor's helmet or something. It's not very good.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.