FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Future Harry Potter actors? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Future Harry Potter actors?
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
I was just wondering which actors everyone was considering for the final two HP movies? There's a fair number of characters open, both large and small.

My own picks are fairly obvious.

Bill Nighy for Rufus Scrimegour and Bob Hoskins for Horace Slughorn.

Reading the books I pictured Scrimegour a certain way and didn't realize until recently that he looked (in my head) exactly like Nighy. And Bob Hoskins, I think, would be perfect for Slughorn, unless they go with an unknown.

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob Hoskins!?! Isn't that Mario?
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

I prefer to think of him as the human from "Who Killed Roger Rabbit?".
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to see Hugh Grant appear (just to round out the cast of British actors) but cannot think of a role he could play.

Maybe a cameo as the British PM, if they include that scene.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose Bill Nighy might work. I thought of Scrimgeour as a rather Mark Twain looking character, with a big, brushy mustache and crazy hair. I think... who's that british guy who is in everything? I'm going to feel so dumb when I look him up. He was the Colonel in "Bullets over Broadway" playing a hapless gourmand.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

I would also get a chuckle if they cast Orlando Bloom as a young Gellert Grindelwald.
pooka
Member # 5003

Yaxley, Narcissa, who else?

Narcissa... hmmm. Who's british, blonde, and drop dead gorgeous but also maternal?

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Ooh, Javert, I was wondering how they could sneak him in. Is he British, though? Oh, yes, born in Canterbury.
Javert
Member # 3076

I think they already cast Narcissa. I can't remember her, but it's on the wikipedia site for the HBP film. They also cast Bill Weasley.
Javert
Member # 3076

From wikipedia:

quote:
Stuart Townsend and Naomi Watts have been cast as Bill Weasley and Narcissa Malfoy respectively. Joseph Fiennes has also been cast in an unspecified role. Clemence Poesy and Helena Bonham Carter are also going to reprise their roles as Fleur Delacour and Bellatrix Lestrange for this film as well as the seventh.

pooka
Member # 5003

Joseph Fiennes- possibly as pre-freaky Voldemort? He is a lot more human looking. Who played boy-Voldemort in II? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0183469/ Coulson.
Javert
Member # 3076

I forget his name, but apparently he's too old now. He was about 30 when he played Tom Riddle but was able to pull off a lot younger. The same goes with Moaning Myrtle, though I suppose it's easier to play younger when you're transparent.

edit: Ok, he's almost 30 now.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
They already got the right Fiennes to play Voldemort as an adult.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000146/

Joseph Fiennes might do well as a young Voldemort. Why can't they just use Christian Coulson again? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0183469/

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
They already got the right Fiennes to play Voldemort as an adult.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000146/

Hmm. Apparently HP5 is both filming and in release. Nice trick. [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

See my above comment BB. I read an interview (I think it's with the director, but I can't for the life of me remember) that said Coulson looked to old to play the young Voldy. Or perhaps too young to play the "asking for a job at Hogwarts" Voldy.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm usually for casting Hugh Grant in every movie made, but I'm also having trouble picking a role for him. Maybe Ted Tonks? I'm not sure that's right but it could work. Knowing movies though Ted will just be cut out.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
Xenophilia Lovegood? I'd love to see what he'd do with that.
Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

Just because it would be hillarious... Hugh Grant as Morfin Gaunt.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Javert:
See my above comment BB. I read an interview (I think it's with the director, but I can't for the life of me remember) that said Coulson looked to old to play the young Voldy. Or perhaps too young to play the "asking for a job at Hogwarts" Voldy.

I can see that being the case, especially if he is almost 30.

I think Gaspard Ulliel of (Hannibal Rising) fame could play Voldemort at that age. He even looks right for the part. His acting range is very good, but I am unsure if he can speak the way I imagine Voldemort speaking at that age. By unsure I mean I simply don't know, not I doubt it.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0880484/

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Scrimgeour is described as being lion-like, and while I adored Nighy, he doesn't strike me as particularly leonine.

Nighy *would*, however, be an awesome Xenophilius.

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

I sort of wonder how much of the Dumbledore storyline will wind up in the final movie. I'm guessing only the barest amount necessary. Or maybe they'll give us a 4 hour movie.

Jim Broadbent! Duh. That's who my money is on for Slughorn.

Any roles for Ian McKellan?

MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't we need a new Hermoine?
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pooka:

Old Grindelwald? Just because then we can truly say Dumbledore > Gandalf. [Wink]
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Perhaps Aberforth Dumbledore?
pooka
Member # 5003

According to the wiki for Emma Watson, she's on for all 7 movies. Unless you were making an Ian McKellan joke. I could see Ian doing a good Aberforth. He's very haunted, and can go from despairing to heroic.
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't making an Ian McKellan joke. I'm glad to hear that Emma's coming back, though I hope it was completely her choice and that she's happy with it.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, McKellan would make a great Aberforth! Good idea.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
Sean Connery (though he's retired), would have made a ggreat Scrimgeour.
Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

quote:
Originally posted by Reticulum:

If they pay him enough, who knows.
pooka
Member # 5003

Except how could Harry not trust him?

Much as a love Orlando Bloom, I think Jude Law might be a better type for Grindewald. Of course, you never know when they are going to come up with someone famous or use someone obscure but brilliant.

Javert
Member # 3076

Ok, so maybe Bill Nighy wouldn't be a good Scrimegour. But how about him as Fenrir Greyback?
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
Hugh Jackman as Scrimegeor. Hands down. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

OOh,

Born in Sydney of English parentage. Hmm. Don't know about that one.

Ya'll just really have a crush on Bill Nighy.

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Hugh Jackman as anybody.
Javert
Member # 3076

I have a crush on all good actors and actresses. Is that so wrong!? [Wink]
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by Javert:
quote:
Originally posted by Reticulum:

If they pay him enough, who knows.
He already said in effect, "If any movie could have brought me out of retirement it would have been Indiana Jones IV, but I'm staying retired."

I really doubt money is the issue, but then again, everyone has their price. I just doubt the movie could put an offer on the table high enough to convince him without the movie running at a loss. I doubt Connery is worth THAT much to them.

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

By the way, can Bob Hoskins speak English? You know, the real one?
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Bob Hoskins wuz robbed.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginol_Enam
Member # 7070

- posted      Profile for Ginol_Enam           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by imogen:
I would like to see Hugh Grant appear (just to round out the cast of British actors) but cannot think of a role he could play.

Maybe a cameo as the British PM, if they include that scene.

They could so tie it in to Love, Actually [Wink]
Posts: 450 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
For some reason I can really see John Lithgow as Xenophilia Lovegood.
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Lithgow is American. One of Rowling's main conditions for allowing the films was an all British cast.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

Shame that Lithgow isn't from the UK.
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

Yeah, too bad. He just seems so right for the character though.
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Somehow I thought you were saying that he should play Luna. It gave me the funniest mental image.
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

Um, no...
Besides, they already have the perfect Luna.

GForce
Member # 9584

- posted      Profile for GForce   Email GForce         Edit/Delete Post 
Michael Caine as Aberforth. Ian McKellan would be great too, but I just see Michael Caine fitting the role a bit better.
Posts: 127 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
It's possible the actor who played Aberforth in Ootp will stay on.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GForce
Member # 9584

- posted      Profile for GForce   Email GForce         Edit/Delete Post 
He didn't even have any lines though. Gotta be somebody who can deliver lines with oomph. Of course, they could just write him out. That wouldn't be surprising either.
Posts: 127 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

It occurs to me they need a young Dumbledore. Of course, I don't know what Gambon looks like normally. Oh wait, I did- Gosford Park. Maybe that's the Joseph Fiennes role.
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love to see Christopher Eccleston in there somehow.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.