FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Excuse me, where are the leotards with rhinestones? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Excuse me, where are the leotards with rhinestones?
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
Durham/Chapel Hill has more titles per square mile than any other area in the US.

edit: Kentucky has 7? OK, never mind. However, I consider Duke under Kryzyzewski to be the best program around.

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
UCLA has 11.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
North Carolina is the number one team in the country right now for very good reason. They have a storied history, great traditions, and have been very successful through the years. It's definitely one of the most prestigious programs in the country.

And a Duke fan says this. I've been a fan of Coach K and his team ever since I visited the Duke campus when I was in 7th grade.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

OK, UCLA won 10 championships in 12 years. Duke hasn't done that yet. However, they're still pretty good.

Those preseason rankings are nearly useless. I'll grant you, Carolina's looking good, but...I'm not filling out my sheet of guesses for NCAA tournament rounds yet. I've been so disappointed in past years.

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

Belle, were you in the TIP at Duke? What year? I went in '88.

Yeah, us and like 80 other hatrackers, right? [ROFL]

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Tipster of '95!
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
It was earlier than 88, but yeah that's why I was there. Let's see...it would have been 85 I guess. I imagine quite a few 'rackers were.

My daughter missed her opportunity, she was supposed to take the SAT during the year I was sick with cancer, and with my chemo treatments and all that took place we missed it - she never got to take it. I was so upset, because I really enjoyed that experience and wanted her to have it too.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
Going back, I saw this cool story online about a bunch of football players who "fixed" it so that each would lose the title of Homecoming King to a truly deserving classmate.
Football players give up Homecoming Title

On other another note, my brother is going slightly out of his mind in anticipation for the upcoming LSU game. And my high school alma mater won state this past weekend making them the 2007 Texas 5A Div II State Champions. They've also been ranked in the top 5 nationally.

I watched a recording of the game last night while wrapping Christmas presents. I got teary-eyed seeing all the fans dressed in their red and I missed there. Even for non-players, sometimes sports can really rally a community and bring people closer together.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotMe
Member # 10470

- posted      Profile for NotMe   Email NotMe         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't remember when I did TIP, but I was there.

It does seem rather weird for somebody to be talking up UNC's basketball program. From where I sit, it looks rather overshadowed by the surrounding universities.

Posts: 145 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
@ half the people in this thread. I don't recall seeing Belle ask for parenting advice in this thread, but people think it's cool to post, essentially, "Oh, your kid will get crippled! Or he'll get staph!"

[Roll Eyes]

Jeez. Gimme a break.

-o-

quote:
Originally posted by PSI Teleport:
Tipster of '95!

Heh. I sent kids to Duke in '95.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.