FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Need help sound poofing your room?

Author Topic: Need help sound poofing your room?
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Now for only 999,99.99! You can get your very own sound poofer! Order now and you can get this nice little gizmo absolutely free!

Quickly now! This is a once in a lifetime oppurtunity that you do not want to miss!

quote:

[disclaimer]
Blayne Bradley takes no responsibility for any damages, injuries, death, sickness, health, hapiness, misery, sadness, suicidal tendencies, religious epiphanies, eureka moments, hunger, anal leakage, loss of sexual appetite, or finally changing of sexual orientation that may or may not be dissociated with this product. [/disclaimer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
A self-dobie? Dude, no.
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I couldn't help myself.
Human
Member # 2985

Yes, you could. You just didn't.
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

now I think your being a tad hard on me, its only a parody of my original thread.
Human
Member # 2985

Blayne, it's my job to be hard on you. You need someone closer to your own age who'll tell you when you're being a doofus. And who better to do that than me?
Human
Member # 2985

Uh...right. I'm gonna go over, um, there now. Elsewhere.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

*excellent the plan is working*
Human
Member # 2985

You do realize that, y'know, if you weren't in Canada, I could break you in two with my pinky finger. Just saying.
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
...and enjoy it. Perhaps more than once from the sound of it......

[Wink]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

Kwea, dear chap, I hate to sound confused, but...

...wha?

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You do realize that, y'know, if you weren't in Canada, I could break you in two with my pinky finger. Just saying.
But he's scared to death of Canada, so you're safe.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Human:
Kwea, dear chap, I hate to sound confused, but...

...wha?

Indeed.
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Human:

I've been in fist fights before, I have enough mass to be a considerable challenge. I don't go down easily.
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard there are like a butt-load of gangs trying to recruit him because of his bo staff skills.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Blayne, that might be personal information that Human had not decided himself to share here at Hatrack.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Yes he has, I'm pretty sure he has before if not I'll edit it.
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

He might have mentioned it (though I don't recall seeing it here), but even so, he might not want it casually tossed about in conversation, you know?

Thanks so much for being understanding. I bet he'd appreciate the edit.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
That ain't sound poofing, this is sound poofing.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onanism Thread
Member # 8525

- posted      Profile for Onanism Thread           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
now I think your being a tad hard on me
quote:
it's my job to be hard on you
quote:
I don't go down easily.
quote:
butt-load gangs trying to recruit him

Posts: 37 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Primal Curve:
I've heard there are like a butt-load of gangs trying to recruit him because of his bo staff skills.

Napoleon Dynamite reference FTW!
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
It was Blayne who was being inconsiderate in this thread?

*reads thread again*

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

?
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
!
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

<{"<}
{>"}>
<{"}>
{>"}>
<{"<}

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

quote:
Originally posted by TL:
It was Blayne who was being inconsiderate in this thread?

*reads thread again*

I don't recall passing judgment on anyone in this thread.

I do recall noting to Blayne that he may mentioned a matter that he might wish to reconsider sharing.

*eyebrows raised

You are, TL, of course free (from my perspective) to directly comment or imply whatsoever you choose about anyone in this thread, me included, but you may be called on it -- if appropriate. As always.

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

eyebrows raised?
TL
Member # 8124

You know, perhaps I misread the tone of the thread. But to me, harping on everything Blayne does is rather tiresome. When you call someone a doofus and tell them you could beat them up, it's just incredibly bad taste. Do we really need to go there? Blayne seems to have a sense of humor about it, which is nice.

But I keep waiting for someone to chastise Human for his rude behavior.

Instead we chastise Blayne? I guess I assumed that if Human didn't want what Blayne had posted in this thread to be posted -- he could have said so himself. He didn't seem to need a defender. You stepping in felt to me (perhaps wrongly so) like just more piling on.

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I assumed Human was being friendly since since recently we had reached a Detente after our last fight.
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

quote:
Originally posted by TL:
You know, perhaps I misread the tone of the thread. But to me, harping on everything Blayne does is rather tiresome. When you call someone a doofus and tell them you could beat them up, it's just incredibly bad taste. Do we really need to go there? Blayne seems to have a sense of humor about it, which is nice.

Blayne is indeed nice. I count him as a friend. I do not harp on everything he does. I didn't even harp on what he did in this thread -- I merely pointed something out he might want to consider. I didn't call him a jerk, inconsiderate, rude, or anything at all. I did not call him anything, TL.
quote:
But I keep waiting for someone to chastise Human for his rude behavior.

You can do this yourself, you know. Directly, so that it is clear, would probably be preferable if you want the behavior changed.

However, I read this as did Blayne, which was a teasing jocularity between friends. I am familiar with both of them and know a good bit of their recent interactions elsewhere, and that is the interpretation that fits. Thus, I didn't even consider that as what you might be referring to. If that warrants an apology, well, you have it in spades.
quote:
Instead we chastise Blayne?

I do not think that word means what you think it means. (see above post)
quote:
I guess I assumed that if Human didn't want what Blayne had posted in this thread to be posted -- he could have said so himself. He didn't seem to need a defender. You stepping in felt to me (perhaps wrongly so) like just more piling on.
I do think you misinterpreted entirely, both me and Human.

As for my comment to Blayne about his information, can't you see where (if this is a sensitive topic) this would be best addressed ASAP? Human may not be back online for days or more, and Blayne (as his friend, mind you) might want a friendly reminder that he might not have realized he was writing the comment at this site, rather than the other.

Had this site supported PMs, I would have sent a PM. Had the other site in reference (which does support PMs) been up and running, I would have sent Blayne a PM via that site. However, I have no access to PMs, and since I am at work (where I do not readily access my non-work email), I chose to do it this way.

---

Thanks, Blayne.

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Wu [Smile]
TL
Member # 8124

quote:
I didn't call him a jerk, inconsiderate, rude, or anything at all. I did not call him anything, TL.
And I never accused you of calling him anything, Claudia.

quote:
Uh... Yes it does?

quote:
I did misinterpret Human, it would seem. Sorry, Human. Sometimes good-natured ribbing can come across as something else, for those outside of the know. I now count myself in the know.

Thanks Blayne.

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

quote:
Originally posted by TL:
Instead we chastise Blayne?

quote:
Originally posted by ClaudiaTherese:

quote:
Originally posted by TL:
Uh... Yes it does?

chas·tise(chs-tz, chstz)
tr.v. chas·tised, chas·tis·ing, chas·tis·es
1. To punish, as by beating. See Synonyms at punish.
2. To criticize severely; rebuke.
3. Archaic To purify.

No chastising here.

quote:
quote:
I did misinterpret Human, it would seem. Sorry, Human.

And me as well. I would appreciate an apology, although I certainly couldn't and wouldn't force it.

Things can be left as they stand, and life can continue on here merrily, but I would think less of you, for what that is worth. So be it.

[ August 08, 2007, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

TL
Member # 8124

You know what? Knock it off. I didn't say anything inappropriate to you, and I don't have anything to apologize for. You are purposefully being condescending, and I really don't appreciate it.

Chastise also means "to correct," "to rebuke," "to reprove."

I certainly know the definition of the word chastise. You are being intentionally rude, and demanding an apology from someone who is not. You may want to take a step back and rethink that.

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Good grief, CT. Chill out.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
TL, I think that if you reread CT's posts to Blayne with your new understanding of Blayne and Human, you might see that all she did was suggest something Blayne might have forgotten. And then thank him.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Woah its like seeing 2 Amish people duking it out.
kmbboots
Member # 8576

Blayne, that was pretty funny.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
CT hasn't been rude, intentionally or otherwise. You misinterpreted both sides of this conversation - that Human needed chastising and that CT was chastising Blayne.

Neither "Blayne, that might be personal information that Human had not decided himself to share here at Hatrack" nor "He might have mentioned it (though I don't recall seeing it here), but even so, he might not want it casually tossed about in conversation, you know?" is chastising by any use of the word I've seen.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

quote:
TL, I think that if you reread CT's posts to Blayne with your new understanding of Blayne and Human, you might see that all she did was suggest something Blayne might have forgotten. And then thank him.
Thank you. I just did so. And I agree with you. I read the comments from a wrong perspective.

Nevertheless, I still don't think I attacked Claudia in this thread -- in fact I think I went to pains to acknowledge that I may have been misreading it all along, out of fairness to all.

I think what we have here is a whole big ball of miscommunication.

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

quote:
Originally posted by kmbboots:

Yes. I did not correct, rebuke, or reprove him. "Chastise" additionally carries a stronger [con]notation than conveyed by these words alone.

TL, as I said, things can go on merrily here as is, although the interaction does color my impression of you, as I am sure it does yours of me. So be it.

Jon Boy, my interactions have troubled you in the past, and I regret it seems they will continue to trouble you in the future. My apologies for that, but I do not see a way clear to changing that, given that I do not see something wrong in my behavior. I accept that you do. So be it.

---

Blayne, that was hilarious. And thank you, kmboots.

*shrug

Life goes on. Disappointments are many, and often resistance is futile.

[ August 08, 2007, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

kmbboots
Member # 8576

Ah...I misread you as well. I thought that by specifying that you misread Human , you were making a deliberate point of excluding CT from that. MY mistake. Sorry.

*Wanders of in search of something to quilt...*

Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, this thread started out as a relatively weak dobie, went through a quick "well I could beat you up" style argument, had commentary on posting style rather than content, then devolved into an argument about definitions and semantics... all in the first page!
It's like every other thread condensed! [Taunt]

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

quote:
Originally posted by kmbboots:
Ah...I misread you as well. I thought that by specifying that you misread Human , you were making a deliberate point of excluding CT from that. MY mistake. Sorry.

Me, too, in my naivete. Delighted to learn I was in error. [Smile]

In that light, my apologies (once again) for misreading you. An acknowledgement that you had (rather than "perhaps" had) misread both of us was all I was hoping for.

---

Edited to add: (Hey, Dagoneee, thanks. [Smile] )

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.