FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fear - in its purest form

Author Topic: Fear - in its purest form
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry that this is just another link to YouTube, but I think you'll agree this is hilarious.

Total respect for the reporter though. My hat is off to her. [Hat]

Rollercoaster Report, live from Blackpool

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
"He's absolutely wrong and I think the weddings off." [ROFL]

Perhaps I'm empathising too much, but the part were she is terrified isn't funny to me. [Frown]

Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I thought it was awful, but remembering that she had done it the day before and agreed to do it again for the camera helped. She must have decided it wasn't that bad.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
It was agonizing to watch; I didn't find it funny at all. If anything, I think the hosts themselves were somewhat shaken by how horrified she looked.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orlox
Member # 2392

- posted      Profile for orlox           Edit/Delete Post 
where is rick sanchez when you need him?
Posts: 675 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
That left me feeling saddened and slightly dirty. [Frown]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
It was agonizing to watch; I didn't find it funny at all.

I couldn't watch past the one-minute mark. I hate and loathe roller-coasters and heights. I empathized a bit too much to be able to stand it. In fact, I'm rather nauseous at the moment. *shudder*

quote:
Originally posted by ElJay:
Yeah, I thought it was awful, but remembering that she had done it the day before and agreed to do it again for the camera helped. She must have decided it wasn't that bad.

Or she felt she couldn't back out, either because it might effect her job security or because she didn't want to go back on her word. I am pretty sickened by the fact that her boss/supervisor/whatever thought this was a good idea.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I'm the only one who saw this and thought, "Wow, that looks like so much fun!!"
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
I skipped ahead and caught it near the end, but I admired the lady for even trying to talk while the ride was going. My hats off to her for having the cajones to put herself through that.
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
I love rollercoasters and thought that the ride looked wonderful. However, I couldn't watch much of the video because the woman was so scared. Her expression reminded me of dreams of crashing down a cliff, knowing that I'm going to die at the bottom.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the rollercoaster looked great. I love rollercoasters. However, I was recently reminded how terrified I am of drowning, and had too much sympathy for the reporter to find her fright at all amusing.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
You're all such softies. [Smile]
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
I was just waiting for her to hurl. What a disappointment.
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Overcoming your fear is a powerful thing to do.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.