FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Business blogging

Author Topic: Business blogging
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
I need some advice. One of my clients really wants a blog set up for them. They're relatively clueless in terms of computer stuff, though. I'm looking to set up a cost effective 3rd party blogging system for them.

Does anyone have experience with business blogs that can give me advice on reputable, cost-effective services?

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
What features do you need?

If they have an existing Web site, my recommendation would be to just integrate WordPress (either their hosted blog service or install it on your own host), TypePad or even Blogger into a section of the site.

If they don't have an existing Web site, but want to use their own domain name, then the options and questions multiply.

If they just want to use a service, then TypePad appears to be the one most used by business types -- although that has begun to change.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
They already have an existing site that my company is running for them.

I was looking primarily at integration, with 3rd party hosting as a less favorable possibility.

I've checked out TypePad and it looks like exactly what I need.

Thanks.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.