FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Blogs (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Blogs
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
can we start a list of people's personal blogs?

youlovesaraellis

that's mine. feel free to also add links of blogs you frequent, and why they are cool.

p.s. puffy treat, i don't have your instant messenger name, can you send it to me? also, i really must insist that you join good reads so we can read eachother's reviews, etc. DO IT! i also think that you need to submit sample comic book reviews to igms, cause you're in the KNOW, MAN, you are IN THE KNOW!
xo

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Lord Of All Fools

I finished what I consider to be one of my best borrowed art comics a couple days ago-- check it out:

Guess What I've Been Reading...

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I'm having a bit of a problem with the fact that I have different blogs for different reasons, and now they are all starting to blend together.

Mainly things like Facebook and LiveJournal and Xanga, I mean.

I originally began a Facebook ONLY to connect with my daughter and her friends at college. So initially everyone "friended" on it were college age. Now all my Hatrack, etal., people are on there too -- it is an interesting mix, and makes me really think about what/if I post things there.

Whereas LiveJournal is my personal space that even my kids don't know about.

Etc. Do other people compartmentalize their lives like this?

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
What's a good IM program to download?
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Honk if you love justice

User accts for the forum gives you commenting abilities for the blag, FYI. [Wink]

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What's a good IM program to download?
GAIM...er...Pidgin.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
if you're using a pc, aim is a good one. i have an aim account, but i access it through ichat (mac).
Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Life in the Ketchup Bottle
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loren
Member # 9539

- posted      Profile for Loren   Email Loren         Edit/Delete Post 
Rerum vulgarium fragmenta

(Here's my descriptive blurb from the blog:)

I'm hoping that this blog will be a place where folks with widely differing viewpoints and opinions can all come together to talk about how great I am. If we have any additional time, we can also discuss interesting current events, poetry, books, etc., I suppose.

In the course of the blog, you may see some things that could: shock you, amuse you, shake your faith in humanity, infuriate you, entertain you, inform you, arouse you, and even possibly bore you. I suppose if you experience at least two of those reactions per post, I'll count it a success, and I hope you will, too.

Needless to say, your (thoughtful, articulate, considerate, smart) comments will be welcome, especially since I can delete or alter them at my pleasure. In some ways I'm a vain man, really. A vain, petty little man.

[ August 09, 2007, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: Loren ]

Posts: 100 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
Foxtail Farm if you're interested in the adventures of two people who didn't grow up on a farm attempting to establish a small, self-reliant farm. Primary topics this year have been goats, chickens, and vegetables.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
The Sassy Spinster. I just started it. It's a historical costume, sewing, and craft blog.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
Open Texture - My own blog, centred around obscure, technical philosophy.

I Blame the Patriarchy - Radical feminism. The standard theme: Showing that "men hate women."

Pandagon - Less radical feminism.

Right Reason - the blog for conservative philosophers!
Sacra Doctrina - While I don't read this one as often as I used to, it is the best theological blog I have ever come across.
Slacktivist - Liberal Christianity. The extensive commentary on the Left Behind books is pure gold.

Vox Popoli - the other side of "I Blame the Patriarchy"'s coin. He's a World Net Daily columnist. 'Nuff said.

Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by porcelain girl:
if you're using a pc, aim is a good one.

No, not unless you like spyware and kludgy software. Much better off using another program to access an AIM account. Like Ga-- er, Pidgin.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Foust:
Open Texture - My own blog, centred around obscure, technical philosophy.

I Blame the Patriarchy - Radical feminism. The standard theme: Showing that "men hate women."

Pandagon - Less radical feminism.

Right Reason - the blog for conservative philosophers!
Sacra Doctrina - While I don't read this one as often as I used to, it is the best theological blog I have ever come across.
Slacktivist - Liberal Christianity. The extensive commentary on the Left Behind books is pure gold.

Vox Popoli - the other side of "I Blame the Patriarchy"'s coin. He's a World Net Daily columnist. 'Nuff said.

Are those all Jatraqueros?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

I think only the first one of those is a Hatracker.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

That's what I thought. So I was a bit confused.
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Carol's Random Babble
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
I Will Tell You What To Think
Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

Fyfe, I really enjoy reading your blog. I couldn't resist commenting.
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
My two personal blogs have given way to my one humor blog, http://www.mildlyamusing.com which a friend of mine and I run.

Edit: Heh. Mispelled it this whole time.

[ September 18, 2007, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: docmagik ]

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's mine. [Smile]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Distracted by Air
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

quote:
Originally posted by mackillian:
Distracted by Air

That LOLcat is definitely in the top 5 of all LOLcats.
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
porcelain girl -

Aw, thanks, I'm so flattered.

*goes to investigate comments*

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
I missed this the first time around. I just started my own blog to add to the mix. Enjoy. Or rip it to shreds. Either sounds like fun.

the morse's code

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
landybraine
Member # 10807

- posted      Profile for landybraine   Email landybraine         Edit/Delete Post 
Fyfe, your blog is great!

Mathnet was the best, and I also loved the football helmet guy that ate the numbers.

I'm suprised there's no GhostWriter on your list though.

Posts: 99 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a livejournal with this sn, that is becoming more personal and friend oriented.

I am looking at launching my website with a knitting and weaving blog in early october. That URL is www.knitsandweaves.com

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a livejournal with this name, but like breyerchick it's becoming more personal. I go through phases, though, and if I know a new reader is a hatracker, I'm more likely to include them in locked entries.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I also have a livejournal, but certainly not with this name. [Smile] It's here.

I will warn you that entries are sporadic and filled with football talk this time of year. Also, it may well contain real life talk and the occasional profanity (in case that bothers anyone).

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd have a blog, but trying to install wordpress is one of the most ludicrously difficult things I've ever attempted. Their supposed "5 minute install" actually absorbed several hours of my time, only to be unsuccessful.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
No fair, I was on vacation when this thread first came around.

I have a Livejournal that I rarely post in, so I'll leave that off, but I have two others:

Royal Oak Review - Review of mostly movies (3:10 to Yuma review is up now), but there's also some CD and book reviews in there too, depends on what I'm doing.

Thoughts on Government - My political blog. I update it at least once a month, though lately it's been more like once a week.

Generally no one reads them, but I update them for my own benefit. [Smile]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
The Home of Alcon

Not much there, started it mostly to post about TFC but it's been slowly turning into something more since I quit TFC.

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Livejournal. Most of the entries are protected except for the ones bragging about the awesomeness of my dog, but if you let me know you're a Hatracker, I'll add you, and you can read the non-dog-related entries. [Big Grin]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

quote:
Originally posted by TheTick:
Honk if you love justice

User accts for the forum gives you commenting abilities for the blag, FYI. [Wink]

Still updating randomly with sports takes, personal stuff, cool gadgets/videos, whatever I have time to post. Expect a rant about the NHL's handling of the 'Winter Classic' soon. [Mad]
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Still, you have to appreciate that they are changing the scheduling of games next season. Finally we'll get more than intradivisional play.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mintieman
Member # 4620

- posted      Profile for Mintieman   Email Mintieman         Edit/Delete Post 
Food Blog!

Sydney has some nice places to eat.

Posts: 122 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
Still, you have to appreciate that they are changing the scheduling of games next season. Finally we'll get more than intradivisional play.

Sweet, it's crazy that we don't see some teams for years at a time. [Big Grin]
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a personal blog if anyone is interested.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
erosom:

I haven't had a problem with WP installs. And my host is one of those where you have to plug in a database host. What seems to be the problem?

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Mine went pretty smooth, also. Managed to get it linked up with phpBB (and sort of gallery) too.
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I installed WP, integrated it with phpBB and my gallery with a few problems. The actual WP install went smoothly. The gallery integration took some beating before it worked.

It's still not fully integrated with phpBB.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Zalmoxis:
erosom:

I haven't had a problem with WP installs. And my host is one of those where you have to plug in a database host. What seems to be the problem?

It's not preprocessing correctly. I double checked my php and sql requirements and I exceed both; all other hosted php apps & sql databases work perfectly fine.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nethy
Member # 6462

- posted      Profile for Nethy           Edit/Delete Post 
My bloggity blog blog!

It's filled with awful insipid poetry, cuz that's how I do.

Posts: 16 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a link to my new blog, Gori Girl. Gori means white or fair girl in Hindi, and gori girl is something of a slang term referring to white people. I only have a few posts up so far, and Abhi (ahem, Aditya on the blog - I'm trying to avoid real names) hasn't yet done any design work, so it looks a little lackluster.

I decided to start blogging because there was a lack of good information out there about intercultural relationships, particularly with Indians. The last straw was when I read on another blog that Indian parents don't care about their kid's happiness at all - just their own reputations - and will try anything and everything to break up a relationship involving a white person. (This was written by someone married to an Indian, if you can believe it, and it was one of many racist things she wrote [Mad] ). Since my in-laws are absurdly awesome, and have been extremely supportive of Abhi's relationship with me, I just had to provide another voice out there.

So, yeah. If you're interested in intercultural stuff, or have any interest in India/Indians, check it out.

Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Jhai, I liked your blog! But non-WordPress users can't comment. [Frown]
Jhai
Member # 5633

It's very easy to make a WordPress acount, kq. However, I'll disable that (unless I get attacked by the dreaded spambots!!1!)
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

But I don't want a WordPress account.

So thank you. [Smile]

Jhai
Member # 5633

Anything to get shiny comments. [Big Grin]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Mine may not be shiny but they are appreciative. [Wink]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.