FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Getting Engaged - But I don't Care!

Author Topic: Getting Engaged - But I don't Care!
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
Popped over to cnn.com to check out what was happening in the world...

The 'breaking news', in offensively eye-catching red, is that Jenna Bush is engaged to be married.

Since when was that newsworthy? Personally, I don't really care what she does with her personal life...

I don't know why I'm even starting a topic with this topic - I just sort of was awed that that was a HUGE deal.

~cmc

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
It might be news depending on whom she's getting married to.

Maybe that's why Karl Rove resigned...

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Javert:
It might be news depending on whom she's getting married to.

Maybe that's why Karl Rove resigned...

R. O. F. L!!!

Oh, man, I just laughed so hard I cried. And almost peed a little.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a lot of irrelevant information on the news, which is why I don't watch it.
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
I typically read local newspapers online, I can't stand national news networks unless something happens that they all happen to be covering. Minnesota bridge incident is one example. Otherwise, I avoid them all like the plague, since none of them are objective it seems.
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
They have to fill up 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week with news. Expect lies, exaggerations and irrelevancies to make up most of it.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
There used to be news about Chelsea all the time. If I may stoop to the "yo' Prez..." level of discourse.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
Now if Chelsea Clinton were engaged I'd be pretty upset.
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

HAH! I just saw that she's marrying a former Rove aide (it's in the headline)... Too funny...
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Jenna who?
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

The US' illustrius leader's daughter - the blonde twin... (if that was a real question ; ) )
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh but it's now rumored that she is pregnant, and that will be quite exciting if true. Of course they rumor that everyone is pregnant so it is likely she isn't.

It will make quite the case for abstinence only education.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure encouraging high schoolers to not have sex is in any way equivilant to a 26 year old with a trust fund getting knocked up. She's not exactly going to miss out on anything if it's true.
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
It's news. It just isn't BIG news to me. [Smile]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
cmc - not a real question. Okay, so I don't know who she is, but I don't actually care. [Smile]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
If she marries does that mean she can still be heir to the throne?

Or something...

Hell, I don't know how the royalty system in this country works anymore.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Nighthawk, it's pretty evident they're giving the guy she's marrying the throne since she's a girl and our president doesn't believe girls can be anything. Other than you know Condie.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.