FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "And to think I loved her"

Author Topic: "And to think I loved her"
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this today and just had to share:
It's child and worksafe

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] xkcd
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
I was just about to post this!
Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rohan
Member # 5141

- posted      Profile for Rohan   Email Rohan         Edit/Delete Post 
That's funny to me because I agree with her.
Posts: 196 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
As do I.
Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
I also agree with her!
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe. That girl is me.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
How long will it take us to find the seven? Not long, it seems.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never been able to forgive Xenocide for only being half a novel when I expected it to be a full novel.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
hehe
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw that, and am ashamed to say that I didn't even think of posting it [Blushing]

But it was preeety good. And incidentally we have four of the seven already [Big Grin]

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andrew W
Member # 4172

- posted      Profile for Andrew W   Email Andrew W         Edit/Delete Post 
I totally agree with the guy, not so much about Speaker, but Ender's Game? Any day.

AW

Posts: 83 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a Xenocide preferrer.

What happens when we hit seven? [Angst]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Xenocide is my favourite, too. Not just from the Ender series but from all of the Card books I've read.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked it. I should start reading that one on a regular basis. I only see it when people post them here.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto brojack. Thanks for the link Nick!
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to say that I like Speaker the best.
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Xenocide has a chapter that I like the best out of the series, but Speaker to me is the best book... In fact the chapter I love in Xenocide is written very much in the Speaker way (or so it seems to me), which would explain it.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I just found out that the guy who writes xkcd lives in Somerville. Have any Boston rackers met him?
Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender's Game is my favorite of the series.

quote:
What happens when we hit seven? [Angst]
No one else can possibly like it, duh [Razz] If they say they do, they must be lying [Wink]
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
xenocide was the first OSC book that I read.

my father had it on his bookshelf...who knows where the other books had gone. I picked up the other books later on.

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
There can be more than 7 fans, but there can only be seven angry fans.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaker is my favorite OSC book too. I thought Xenocide was really good, too, though. I was one of the ones who was surprised at the end when it didn't resolve. I thought it was a trilogy up to the very end of Xenocide. [Smile]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:

That's not what it said. It said "angry letters from all seven fans."

And you call yourself hyperliteral. Hah!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You lost me.

Was that in the comment section or is it some other in joke?

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
The mouse-over text reads "Cue angry letters from all seven fans of Xenocide."

A lot of Xkcd's humour comes from the alt text, and a lot of times it helps explains the more obscure jokes.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:

That's not what it said. It said "angry letters from all seven fans."

And you call yourself hyperliteral. Hah!

What a horrible combination is hyperliteralness and low reading comprehension.
rivka
Member # 4859

*pat pat*

That's ok. We'll keep you anyway. [Wink]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.