FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » a mother of six and some pokemon cards (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: a mother of six and some pokemon cards
Nathan2006
Member # 9387

- posted      Profile for Nathan2006   Email Nathan2006         Edit/Delete Post 
There are a lot of eldest children here. (I'm oldest of four)
Posts: 438 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a youngest. [Big Grin] Just to be contrary, ya know. [Razz] But the husband is the oldest. But he doesn't count.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
Fifteen - we have one, the Toddling_Tornado. I just can't (just can't) imaging having 15!

The poor sofa wouldn't be able to cope with that much yoghurt...

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
After a long day at a big family reunion (in which most of our extended family had three or four children per couple to our two) My husband whispered to me in the dark of our room, "We're wimps."

My excuse is that I'm terrified of having another William. Just keeping him alive for the first five years of his life a full time job.

But we both came from families of three (he was the oldest, I was the youngest) and we're still kind of on the fence about another. That door is slowly closing, and were ambivalent. Indecision is an awful thing. Heh.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone actually played the Pokemon trading card game? I haven't, but I've read about it (because I play Magic: The Gathering and Wizards of the Coast used to publish the Pokemon TCG in America), and it's not as easy as it might seem.
Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
I had no idea the cards were still being sold. Because its height was eight or nine years ago (from what I remember), the kids that played it, assuming they were about eight to ten years old at the time, are now high school seniors or entering college. I doubt they still play Pokemon.

I don't know what the Big Thing is now. These kids and their newfangled games. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega M.:
Has anyone actually played the Pokemon trading card game? I haven't, but I've read about it (because I play Magic: The Gathering and Wizards of the Coast used to publish the Pokemon TCG in America), and it's not as easy as it might seem.

I have, in the past. The game certainly has the potential for depth, but it comes nowhere near the complexity of other TCGs, e.g. Magic, Illuminati, V:TM, etc.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.