FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A new blog for Mummy...

Author Topic: A new blog for Mummy...
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, they're making another "Mummy" movie.

I actually liked the 1999 Mummy film. It was garbage, but it was fun garbage. I like how one reviewer compared it to watching a movie of someone's RPG campaign brought to life.

(Hey, it did a better job than the actual DnD film!)

I never watched the sequels.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
The Mummy was hilariously awful - in a good way. The sequel is worth watching, if only for the cutely evil mini-mummies.

As for this movie - sounds like it'll be a bit weird as Evelyn has turned into someone else. I'm glad they've decided to grow the kid up, as he was annoying in the second movie - although it'll be a clear case of SORAS since Brendan Fraser clearly doesn't look twenty years older than he did in 1999.

China's not particularly famous for its mummies, though. Since the movie's set in the 40s or 50s, I think it's a shame they didn't set it in the USSR and feature an undead Lenin.

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
1946, according to the synopsis. [Smile]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholar
Member # 9232

- posted      Profile for scholar   Email scholar         Edit/Delete Post 
Mummy was a great movie to go see in a drive in on a date. [Smile]
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ivygirl1937
Member # 10918

- posted      Profile for Ivygirl1937   Email Ivygirl1937         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked The Mummy and the sequel...but then I was about ten or twelve when I watched them and probably more easily entertained.
Posts: 52 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.