FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Heroes: II (Page 13)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Heroes: II
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
With all of the hero inbreeding, it would make some sense if Adam was at the root of the hero family tree.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget the obvious implications of "Angela."
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Monica. Anyone notice that they have a thing about people whose names begin with M? Mohinder/Matt/Molly. Micah/Monica.

That's because M names are the best names. (followed closely by S names.)
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
L names rock.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoeH
Member # 5958

- posted      Profile for JoeH   Email JoeH         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the episode for the most part. The thing that annoyed me though was how easy it was for Peter and Adam to break out. If the Company is so great/wealthy/whatever, wouldn't it bug their rooms/cells? And why would it put Peter within talking distance of Adam?
Posts: 80 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JoeH:
I liked the episode for the most part. The thing that annoyed me though was how easy it was for Peter and Adam to break out. If the Company is so great/wealthy/whatever, wouldn't it bug their rooms/cells? And why would it put Peter within talking distance of Adam?

Because their agenda perhaps involves LETTING them get out??? For the life of me, I can't imagine why they would want them free, but it seems like the best explanation for the ease of Adam and Peter's escape.
Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto. They could have better security.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
You mean like not having a giant vent for two very dangerous Heroes to casually converse through? Considering Adam's age, and probably his experience and you'd have to imagine ability to manipulate people after all that time, and Peter's naivte, mixed with his incredible power, letting them chat on and on in a low security prison was insanely stupid. I think they were let go. Sending Elle after a guy who can heal seemed pretty stupid too.

quote:
memory creation and power amplification? Who can say?
I'd love it if we could find someone whose power was power amplification. I think that'd make for some pretty cool combinations of Heroes.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I think Bob and Adam are linked together, working together. That's why Bob called Kristen Bell off the search when she was in Ireland. They just wanted to spook Peter enough into action, causing him to go back and meet Adam.

Curing Nathan was just to get Peter on Adam's side. And Adam has to have Peter on his side to combat Hiro, otherwise Hiro's power over time/space would always win.

------

I think Monica's muscle mimicry lacks one thing - bone density. If she tries doing some martial arts moves without the proper bone density, she could wind up breaking her fingers/wrists when she punches. But maybe it's a little ridiculous for me to try to inject some reality into this show...

------

I want to see someone in Heroes with the ability to affect chance, like the Scarlet Witch.

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

quote:

I think Monica's muscle mimicry lacks one thing - bone density. If she tries doing some martial arts moves without the proper bone density, she could wind up breaking her fingers/wrists when she punches. But maybe it's a little ridiculous for me to try to inject some reality into this show...

I mentioned this earlier. She'd already have hurt herself badly imo, doing the things she does without training for it first.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyNotSoBravo:
Yeah, I think Bob and Adam are linked together, working together. That's why Bob called Kristen Bell off the search when she was in Ireland. They just wanted to spook Peter enough into action, causing him to go back and meet Adam.

Maybe, but who was behind the attack on Bob, then? Do you think that it was just Matt's dad, or was someone besides Adam doing the plotting?

quote:
And Adam has to have Peter on his side to combat Hiro, otherwise Hiro's power over time/space would always win.

I don't know, Hiro's control over the ability is a little spotty. I would think that getting the element of surprise would be enough to deal with him. For example, he could sedate Hiro, infect him with the virus to knock out his powers, and then do whatever else it is that he wanted.

quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
Sending Elle after a guy who can heal seemed pretty stupid too.

From what we've seen, the people she goes after seem to have a habit of winding up dead. She hasn't exactly shown much self restraint, anyways. Personally, if I was going to send her into the field (which I probably wouldn't unless I was desperate), I'd prefer making the target someone she couldn't damage permanently.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Or...at all.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sylvrdragon
Member # 3332

- posted      Profile for sylvrdragon   Email sylvrdragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the Haitian took all of Peter's memories to delay him making progress with Adam until he and Noah found the rest of the paintings or whatever. I would venture to guess that the Haitian KNEW he would get his memories back. I would imagine that they had long since tried to erase Adam's memories, but realized somewhere along the line that it was useless so long as he could regenerate.

Besides that, he's probably the most in-the-know character in the series aside from Bob. He seems to be playing all sides from every angle, and nobody suspects him. We just don't know his agenda... It would be pretty cool if he ended up being the villain in the next season/storyline. Of course... if that were the case, then it would be more reasonable to take him down using conventional means rather than using 'Heroes' against him.

Posts: 636 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

That's a good point. What all does the Haitian know? What does he want?
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoeH
Member # 5958

Yeah, good points. I did forget to say that I hope it was part of some unknown plan by the Company to allow them to escape.

Am I the only one who still gets confused when people refer to HRG as Noah?

Posts: 80 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

The Haitian wants personal redemption.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the last two episodes were a HUGE improvement over the beginning of the season. Shame it has to happen with so few episodes left to redeem the series.

I think whoever said that Bob or The Company let Adam and Peter escape is spot on. Because either it was all planned, or the writing is really really sloppy. Those rooms would be bugged at all times.

I'm also a little frustrated at Mohinder for constantly saying he's being watched and yet he freely says whatever he wants on his cellphone while inside the company headquarters. And also, when he was originally hired by Bob, wasn't it because of the lectures he was giving talking about how all these people have mutated and are extremely dangerous and need to be stopped? And form the second he started working for Bob his actions have shown the exact opposite of his statements.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

Since when has this show shown the sophistication where something like Adam and Peter escaping was a setup? If this show were complex and layered, I could believe that, but perhaps I'm just too cynical.
DevilDreamt
Member # 10242

- posted      Profile for DevilDreamt   Email DevilDreamt         Edit/Delete Post 
I think they opened up a ton of plot holes. I really can't imagine Adam escaping unless he is working with Bob.

I would not like to see a Hero with the Scarlet Witches power. Depending on the writer, her powers fluctuate between borderline worthless and outrageously powerful, and it is very confusing at all times. Writers have so much leeway in what she can do, unless they are very careful, her power kind of ruins everything.

Now, I would like to see someone with Longshot's power. For those who aren't familiar, the Scarlet Witch controls probability, and more importantly, can bend the multiverse and make other realities manifest in our reality. As a for example, in one issue she threatens Thor, telling him that in some universe, somewhere, he's a baby seal being clubbed to death, and she's going to find that universe and make it real here.

Longshot, on the other hand, bends probability in a way that events tend to fall in his favor. If someone is sneaking up on him, they will slip and fall. People shoot at him, and their guns misfire. His power appears to be nothing more than incredible luck for him and very bad luck for his enemies, which is much easier for the audience to understand and gives clear perimeters for the writer's to work in, unlike with the Scarlett Witches power, which has gone off the charts (either being underpowered or overpowered) too many times to count.

Posts: 247 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Scarlet Witch's power is to make Marvel write themselves into incredible holes.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
I read about House of M on wikipedia. >_< So confusing.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
WOOT! Awesome episode!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

That was a fantastic episode.

The Hiro/Kaito interaction pretty much saved Hiro for me this season. It was so sweet and touching and just... good.

I really hope I wasn't the only one screaming at my TV "Use Claire's blood! Why aren't you doing that yet?!" at the end. It was a very dramatic end - and I'm extremely glad they didn't just kill off Noah - but it was a bit obvious.

And Matt is still awesome. [Smile]

Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you notice that Matt had labelled the missing woman on his photograph?
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

Victoria Pratt, wasn't it?
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Oh Matt, we start to see a bit of moral slide perhaps? Clearly he ignored Angela's barb and used his powers to extract the information that he wanted anyways. He has become incredibly powerful, in a different way, maybe just as much as Hiro. I'm slightly disturbed by the growth in Matt's power, but frankly it seemed pretty natural, it just happened. But he now has to be extremely careful, as his power is I think more casual and tempting than any other power when it comes to influencing other minds and and getting what he wants. It will be interesting to see how he acts with this newfound power.

Victoria Pratt was the name on the picture. I thought they might use Claire's blood, and it's really, really interesting to see now that apparently that blood can bring people back from the dead, which is a little disturbing. Technically I'm not even sure how the IV blood would have gotten from his vein to his brain when his heart had stopped beating, but I won't let that little technical bit get me down, it's still both interesting and disturbing.

We know now that Darth Hoodie is Kensei/Adam Monroe, which makes a lot of sense now.

I like how this episode went a long way to answer a lot of questions, did more developing of the characters and managed to still ask more questions, it's why I love this show so much, it gives you something leaves you wanting more without feeling wholly unsatisfied. In general I think they did GREAT work with Claire and her family's storyline this week. It felt much more real than in the past. I just wonder why they even bothered to bring Noah back to life, but I fear for what they might do to him, or what role he might play in the future.

From the looks of the next two episodes, Claire is going go on a badass revenge trip, which could be interesting. How do you stop a pissed off invulnerable teenager on a revenge trip?

I'm even more sad now that it's over in two weeks, right when it's really really picking up!

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
stab her in the back of the head.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholar
Member # 9232

- posted      Profile for scholar   Email scholar         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think Noah was dead yet.
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
stab her in the back of the head.

And leave the knife (or whatever) there.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by scholar:
I don't think Noah was dead yet.

Judging from the look in his eyes, in that, one had a hole shot through it and the other which had a film grown over it, I think it is very fair to say he was dead.

And okay, the knife thing is pretty good, but still, she's fairly indestructable and if she had help, I'd say unstoppable.

Phanto
Member # 5897

Knock her out and put her in a cage. Problem solved.
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, they did that to Adam. He escaped, eventually.

Putting immortals in cages only make things worse in the long run.

Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
They die if you decapitate them. I don't care how well you heal, you can't regrow your entire body. Unless someone just put the head back on, I guess they could reattach.

I think it was the the best episode of the season. That isn't really saying much, but it was a great episode.

Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Dude, Adam had to have been nearly eradicated when that tent with all the guns and powder exploded. If he came back from that, she could come back from having her head cut off.
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
You get the feeling that the writers were actively trying to redeem themselves after Kring's list came out? Cause they pretty much fixed eveything on it last night.

I can't hit all the plot points I liked, there were too many. Even just the changes would be an enormous post. But the best thing they did was to get me asking questions again. What's the Company think it's going to do with a live Noah? They don't have the Haitian to make him forget leaving them. All I can think is that a little of Claire's blood wasn't good enough, and they need him alive to bargain with Claire.

I loved how sad Bob was that he got killed. And what was that look on Elle's face at the end? Those two seem poised for some character development. Which I would love because Elle has yet to strike me as a believable person.

For the first time this season, I'm genuinely happy with the episode. All of it. Every storyline.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Elle strikes me as a very believable pyschopath, which I think says wonder about the hidden capabilities of Bob's darker side. I do find it mildly, though not implausibly unbelieable that he slipped up and said Bennett and not Butler when trying to abscond with her at the school, not that it mattered.

What I loved was the little seeds of doubt that Noah planted in Elle's brain just before he was killed. You just know that's going to grow into something later.

sylvrdragon
Member # 3332

- posted      Profile for sylvrdragon   Email sylvrdragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I would say that the look she had in the end scene WAS those seeds of doubt, and how she flinched away from Bob's hand. Also, I think they brought Noah back to make amends. I also think that Claire's words to Bob struck a soft spot. From this point, I could honestly see the Company going good (and Noah believing it) after this ordeal. One problem though (as was stated above) will be that Claire won't know that they brought Noah back yet and she just MIGHT go on a rampage.

In light of that prediction, I think that Peter and Adam are going to run into Claire before Noah and the Company can get back to her. From there, it will be them and probably Matt vs The company. Hiro will probably be on his own like he always is (or maybe with Nathan, I forget where HE is right now).

About Victoria; why does the name Pratt sound familiar? Who's mother is she?

Also, I don't think that Micah/Monica, and Sylar and friends are really a part of the "Generations" story line, but were brought in to help set up the NEXT story-line. That is, unless Maya's power really is the key to killing Adam once and for all.

About Monica, we already know that she eventually becomes something of a local hero in her home town (remember the Isaac Comic's of her in that cat-girl-esque costume). So there is another reason that I don't think it's part of this current plot.

Posts: 636 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoeH
Member # 5958

Great episode for all the reasons everyone has stated. I have to say though that Mohinder really annoys me.
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
Echo...echo....

Yeah, great episode. Things are really moving along and it was very exciting. Matt's potential disturbs me more than anything else I saw...from mind reading to mind control and he seems not to have established any limits on when it's ok to do such a thing. Matt's always had a dark side, though. Don't forget he stole some diamonds last season. He also went to some pretty unethical measures to go after Bennett.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Christine:
Echo...echo....

Yeah, great episode. Things are really moving along and it was very exciting. Matt's potential disturbs me more than anything else I saw...from mind reading to mind control and he seems not to have established any limits on when it's ok to do such a thing. Matt's always had a dark side, though. Don't forget he stole some diamonds last season. He also went to some pretty unethical measures to go after Bennett.

Also don't forget the alternate future episode where Matt was in charge of finding those with powers and capturing them. He was a dick when drunk with power.

I think we are going to see Parkman flirt with the evil side of his power and eventually choose between his power or his humanity. He may ultimately decide that he must never use his powers to force other people to do things, and stick with just reading minds.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Mohinder is a weak person. He rarely ever stands up for his own principles. The one time he did was when Bob wanted him to inject Monica against her will, and he folded like a chair when Bob apologized, despite the fact that Bob has never shown any unwillingness to kill people.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Finally, the series gets back in stride.

Now, if the writers do honestly understand what they did wrong with this season and they aren't just saying that, that means a good third season approaches after this little interlude.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
Mohinder has been so stupid that at times, I have found him to be completely unbelievable. However, his stupidity is becoming so chronic that he has become to me like the village idiot. You know. The person you work with or go to school with who is so inexplicably stupid you keep being shocked. If they wrote about THAT person, you would be asking the same question about the village idiot as we all ask about Mohinder: "Can anyone really be that stupid?" The answer is certainly yes.

At first, the implausible part was how someone as stupid as Mohinder could end up becoming a professor, but then I think back to some professors that I have met in real life and I think, "oh yeah there's idiots everywhere..."

Now the implausible thing will be when Mohinder finally does something SMART.

Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I just find it hard to believe that when Noah had the hammer back and the gun in Mohinders face Noah stood down, and yet hours later Mohinder didn't even point the gun at Noah and tell him to put it down he just pulled his piece out and shot him in the head.

Don't give guns to nerds, it's a lesson we can all learn. But seriously, unless Mohinder knew that they could use Claire's blood to heal Noah later I have absolutely no desire to see him anymore working with the good guys.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I think the most implausible thing was that shot. He's never handled a gun before in his life (I'm assuming, anyway), and manages to shoot a guy right through the eye? Yeah, I know it's TV, but still.

Okay, so that's a relatively minor gripe. It really was a great episode. I'm still frustrated that we don't know Kaito's or Angela's powers, though. And it seemed like at one point she was on the verge of saying what Adam could do, but then the conversation turned when Matt asked about his age instead.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Boy:
I think the most implausible thing was that shot. He's never handled a gun before in his life (I'm assuming, anyway), and manages to shoot a guy right through the eye? Yeah, I know it's TV, but still.

He was aiming for his knee. <grin>

quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
I just find it hard to believe that when Noah had the hammer back and the gun in Mohinders face Noah stood down, and yet hours later Mohinder didn't even point the gun at Noah and tell him to put it down he just pulled his piece out and shot him in the head.

Well, it was a little different. Noah was furious, and he mastered his anger. Mohinder panicked. He thought Noah was going to kill Bob, and more than that, he thought Noah was going to destroy the company. Noah said as much. And Mohinder thinks that the company is important now (which bugs me, because it makes him seriously stupid).
scholar
Member # 9232

- posted      Profile for scholar   Email scholar         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BandoCommando:

At first, the implausible part was how someone as stupid as Mohinder could end up becoming a professor, but then I think back to some professors that I have met in real life and I think, "oh yeah there's idiots everywhere..."

My boss, tenured faculty in biochemistry doesn't know how to use a microwave and can't figure it out. I tried to show him and he decided life was better without it.
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Well, it was a little different. Noah was furious, and he mastered his anger. Mohinder panicked. He thought Noah was going to kill Bob, and more than that, he thought Noah was going to destroy the company. Noah said as much. And Mohinder thinks that the company is important now (which bugs me, because it makes him seriously stupid).
Fair enough, but also take into account Mohinder arguing during like three other scenes, "We do things my way and spare Noah's life or I am not going!"

It strains the mind that he would put a bullet in his head without so much as a word.

Also I found Bob's facial expression to Noah being shot very interesting. But perhaps he too was thinking, "No biggie, we've got Claire's blood."

rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
Great episode. Two issues, but like those I had with last week's, perhaps there is a simple answer to these as well. Both have to do with Elle.

1. What was stopping her from breaking free at any point after leaving the Bennett's and before the exchange?

2. Why was she driving rather than Bob after being shot in the arm?

Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
I think the most implausible thing was that shot. He's never handled a gun before in his life (I'm assuming, anyway),
Mohinder? Because mohinder tried to shoot sylar.
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.