FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Heroes: II (Page 2)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Heroes: II
scholar
Member # 9232

- posted      Profile for scholar   Email scholar         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that one of the spoiler sites has a list of the names of future episodes and four months ago was one them.
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah but, if it was going to tell us what actually happened four months ago, and that episode isn't for another couple weeks, then wouldn't it be like five or six months ago?

Unless at that point, four months ago was something significant as well!

I too suspect that Hiro, if he actually doesn't become Kensei, will have a major hand in creating the myth that surrounds him. One of those causality loops that are so much "fun" in Star Trek.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
IMO he will have to turn Takezo into the hero of legend.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
The one problem with watching the show on the internet a day late is that this thread is going to be pretty full by the time I get a chance to read and comment! [Smile]

I have to tell you that the first season barely kept my interest the entire time. I watched because I thought it had great potential and I started the second season for the same reason.

And I didn't regret it. I thought the first episode of this season was very good overall and promises a season much better than #1.

No, it wasn't action-packed, but action doesn't make a good story. Conflict does. This premiere set up lots of conflict that, when it comes to an action-packed conclusion, should be all the more exciting.

I enjoyed Claire's new love interest, although I wouldn't have minded them saving the "revelation" that he is another hero for the next episode. (I mean, we all knew, but it would have kept us guessing what his power was.)

So, do you think Claire's new boyfriend (I can't remember his name) has the same power as Nathan or is his ability to float a part of another power?

I also enjoyed Claire and Mr. Bennett trying to be "normal." Their story was always the most interesting to m last season, too.

I kind of wonder what happened with Matt's wife. Maybe she got pissed at his cross-country road trip after he stole a bunch of diamonds? I wouldn't have minded a little more explanation. I mean, she's pregnant and I can't imagine Matt just walking away from that.

I liked Nathan's remorse. He needed some. [Smile]

I liked Ando and Hiro's father. I'm at a loss as to who the killer might be at this point, but they've definitely got me curious!

Hiro's adventures back in time were ok. Hiro was always my favorite last season, but I'm not sure how much I like the historic subplot.

Oh yeah, and the best thing about the premiere -- Nikki/Jessie wasn't in it!!! By the end of last season I found her barely tolerable. Did anyone actually like her?

Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
I was so glad Nikki/Jessica wasn't around. The writers never give her anything interesting to do, or possibly I just find Ali Larter fundamentally boring.

I am also not sure about this Hiro back-in-time bit, although Hiro is still extremely endearing and I love him ("I'm your biggest fan!"). I think I'll like him better when he has a clearer sense of his mission. I always enjoyed it when he would talk about his destiny.

Also, I miss Eden. Eden was my most favorite hero of all.

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RamseyEarl
Member # 10265

- posted      Profile for RamseyEarl   Email RamseyEarl         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Peter is the killer. [Smile]
Posts: 5 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to know what Kaito's power was. And Mama Petrelli's.

So there are 7 "Gen Then" Heroes that we haven't met yet, and one of them is Darth Hoodie. When Kaito and Mama were talking, they said there were 9 of them left, and they were including themselves. And it was pretty clear from Kaito's reaction that Darth Hoodie was one of them.

If Kristen Bell is Darth Hoodie, she's either a shape changer or immortal.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So, do you think Claire's new boyfriend (I can't remember his name) has the same power as Nathan or is his ability to float a part of another power?
I think it's probably part of something else. So far they haven't repeated anything so it would be a bit weird to have two people with the same power.

I also think Hiro is going to become his hero. I think he'd have a hard time trying to get that other guy to do anything.

Edit: Didn't Kaito mention something about Linderman? I don't recall exactly what he said but it almost sounded like they worked with him. My memory is a bit fuzzy about some of those details from the past season.

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

"I kind of wonder what happened with Matt's wife. Maybe she got pissed at his cross-country road trip after he stole a bunch of diamonds? I wouldn't have minded a little more explanation. I mean, she's pregnant and I can't imagine Matt just walking away from that"

Eh, they'll probably just throw in with a conversation with someone "I'm sorry to hear about the miscarriage"

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feer
Member # 9846

- posted      Profile for Feer   Email Feer         Edit/Delete Post 
My first thought when I saw Darth Hoodie was that it was Clairs stalker. If he wasn't dead on the floor with Kaito that would explain why. My only draw back is that he seems real young to be in that big of an organization and trusted to kill Kaito.

Was it Nathans burnt face in the mirror or Peters? I thought it was Peter.

Episode went by really quick, I was sad it was over.

Posts: 160 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it possible the Nathan is working for the new big baddie?

Note this: When Ando was going to meeet Hiro's father at the square, someone bumped into Ando as he carried the coffe and the paper. That person looked, at the time, like a heavily bearded Syler. Later, I am sure it turns out it was Nathan. Then Ando meets Hiro's father and Hiro's father finds the picture with the red design on it.

Later Nathan is coming home and his mother is there. She leaves and her picture is on the wall outside his room, again with the red design on it.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 5108

- posted      Profile for Avatar300   Email Avatar300         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Was it Nathans burnt face in the mirror or Peters? I thought it was Peter.
I also thought it was Peter. I figured it was Nathan feeling guilty for letting things get so far, knowing he could have prevented the situation that allowed Peter to go nuclear.
Posts: 413 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kojabu:
So far they haven't repeated anything so it would be a bit weird to have two people with the same power.

Perhaps Nathan and Claire's new love interest at school?
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
The guy from Claire's school has astral projection. I thought it was obvious.
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Depends on your definition of completely obvious [Wink]
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by msquared:
Is it possible the Nathan is working for the new big baddie?

Note this: When Ando was going to meeet Hiro's father at the square, someone bumped into Ando as he carried the coffe and the paper. That person looked, at the time, like a heavily bearded Syler. Later, I am sure it turns out it was Nathan. Then Ando meets Hiro's father and Hiro's father finds the picture with the red design on it.

Later Nathan is coming home and his mother is there. She leaves and her picture is on the wall outside his room, again with the red design on it.

msquared

You are probably right. There was no body next to Mr. Nakamura or an indication where the hooded assailant came from (do I recall a gust of wind before the death)? The hooded sweatshirt is a clue that we know the person, but we aren't supposed to know who yet. He has motive, but hasn't been presented as a vengeful killer yet, which sets him up to be a killer for "shock" value. I'd say there's enough probability for TV equations to equal out to Nathan.

At the same time though, if the writers were intelligent, all of that could be a red herring for someone we haven't met yet. That'd be cool.

And whoe else thinks papa petrelli is still alive?

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I didn't consider Nathan until someone at work the other day told me of the grudge he had against the company, and how obvious a choice he was to want to kill them.

But still, I don't think he could kill his own mother. But given how television works, I wouldn't be supersurprised.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

- posted      Profile for EmpSquared           Edit/Delete Post 
As to the identity of Darth Hoodie-- and I'm just throwing it out here-- if it was Takezo Kensei? The blonde English guy, I mean. The main reason I say this is because Hiro can't stay in the past all season (or at least I hope he doesn't because that would be one drawn-out plotline), but actor David Anders is on the main cast list. Now, I know nobody's safe in the show, having him pop up in the future would be a pretty shocking explanation, and it would keep him in the show once Hiro's done in ancient Japan.

If it's not him, then I think it's Nathan, because Nathan bumping into Ando is awfully suspicious.

Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Yeah, but if his power is immortality, how did he survive the fall off the roof? He's immortal AND he can fly or is invulnerable? Generally heroes thus far, with two exceptions, haven't had more than one power.
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

- posted      Profile for EmpSquared           Edit/Delete Post 
Touché-- but Kaito's "I never thought it was you" had me discounting Nathan in the back of my mind. Sure, it is really hard to believe him targeting his own mother, but the way Kaito says the line leads me to believe that he knows his attempted (?) killer more intimately than, say, from a picture Mama Petrelli some time long ago-- but I'm just grasping for straws. Maybe I'm overthinking it. But to my recollection, Nathan has never met Kaito in-show.

But seeing as how I can't believe for sure that I know who the killer is-- I guess that's a testament to the writers and how they've got me puzzled from day one. Of the second season.

Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Alright, I'm convinced that Maya's ability is Separation Anxiety.

I'm wondering what powers Darth Hoodie has, that he could get into the interrogation room and terrorize Mama Petrelli, but couldn't actually kill her in the allotted time, and then make his way back out again without being seen.

The only thing I didn't like this week? The insane melodramatization of "THE BOX!!!!" Note to NBC: Your show is already mysterious and exciting, you don't have to hype it that much for us to watch next week, especially not with something as goofy as a box.

Good episode I thought this week, I remain interested as always. The only other complaint I had was that it seemed to me that cutting off your own toe would hurt a LOT more than it seemed to hurt Claire, unless she can partially deaden the pain too as part of her powers.

Lisa
Member # 8384

I started laughing when they did "THE BOX".

I was thinking about the whole Hiro/Kensei thing. I think you can divide people up into three groups. Those who never considered for a moment that Hiro might wind up being Kensei, those who expected Hiro to wind up being Kensei, and those who figured that Hiro becoming Kensei was too obvious, and wouldn't happen.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

It's possible that Claire has become a sadist, and thus enjoyed cutting off her toe.
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
The Haitian is, as always, awesome, and can only get better now that he's back in cahoots with Noah.

And Claire's new love interest (whose name escapes me because he's NOT INTERESTING) is a creepy little peeping Tom.

I'm still waiting for the return of Dominic Keating, as well. [Smile]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by JonHecht:
It's possible that Claire has become a sadist, and thus enjoyed cutting off her toe.

If you're right, then she's suffering from multiple personality disorder.

Sadists like hurting other people. Masochists like hurting themselves or being hurt by others.

Masochist: "Hurt me again!"
Sadist: (after long pause) "No."

Itsame
Member # 9712

Oy! I feel silly. Don't know why my brain did that.
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte         Edit/Delete Post 
"Masochist: "Hurt me again!"
Sadist: (after long pause) "No." "

That is one of the best things I've ever read. So definitely what a true sadist would do to a masochist! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Oy! I feel silly. Don't know why my brain did that.

Sure, blame your brain.

[Wink]

Feer
Member # 9846

Was it Darth Hoodie who attacked Mama? It could have very well been someone else.
Posts: 160 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
I started laughing when they did "THE BOX".

I just groaned, I think. And it was extra lame to me because Prison Break had done the exact same lame stunt an hour earlier.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Word on the street is that Veronica Mars' powers will be electricity...

Which to me suggests she is part of the group that's been holding Peter for the last four months, and which might discount her Darth status.

Itsame
Member # 9712

But it got you talking about the box, so evidently it worked.

Edit: Peter had his electricity power inside the other box ( [Razz] ) and that was when he was only in it with a group of a few guys, so uhh.

Edit2: Gee, I hope there are no retcons in this show, especially retcons about the same season.

Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
I was surprised that Claire didn't show as much pain as you'd think. All through last season whe went through seriously painful events without more than a wince, suggesting that her healing power isn't just something tacked onto a "normal" human but is an integral part of her, so her pain receptors would work differently. Also, it helps a lot if you know the pain will fade almost immediately.

I would expect all of the heroes to have secondary changes. Nathan should have improved eyesight and be remarkably resistant to cold, for example. If we wanted to try and be logical about it.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feer
Member # 9846

Clair didn't get blood anywhere... Hardly a drop. For how long it took to grow back, there should be blood all over that table.
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Feer:
Clair didn't get blood anywhere... Hardly a drop. For how long it took to grow back, there should be blood all over that table.

Omg, you're right. I was totally buying the cutting off her own toe and then watching it grow back in a few seconds. But now I see that it's unrealistic.
Itsame
Member # 9712

How much blood does the foot have that it could lose that rapidly? Do feet bleed alot? Not in my experience, not like an arm or the head for example.

Edit: Maybe her blood coagulates extremely quickly too, so even though it took a while for the toe to grow back the bleeding had already stopped as a result.

Edit2: By the way, it also implies that both her and Takezo are immortal. If you continuously heal then aging has no effect on you.

Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Allow me to reiterate: "...suggesting that her healing power isn't just something tacked onto a "normal" human but is an integral part of her..."

She ain't normal. There's no reason she would react, bleed, feel pain the same as a normal human.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

That's also a good point, pain is designed to allow us to realize that our body is in danger. Hers isn't.
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by scholar:
I think that one of the spoiler sites has a list of the names of future episodes and four months ago was one them.

It's not really a spoiler site, but if you go to the Epguides page for Heroes, it currently shows the titles and airdates for several of the next eps.
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
The genetics related stuff is driving me crazy. Just so stupid especially for someone studying it daily.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slim
Member # 2334

- posted      Profile for Slim   Email Slim         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
By the way, it also implies that both her and Takezo are immortal. If you continuously heal then aging has no effect on you.

Unless they get something lodged in their brain, of course.
Posts: 172 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte         Edit/Delete Post 
But if you pull it out again they come back.

Unless you cut off their head entirely. Or maybe it's just removing the brain that permenantly kills them?

Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no idea what happened with any of the scenes with Nathan because his beard causes my brain to go away until it's off the screen. Please let them shave it soon.

Mmmmm, Mohinder.

I assumed that Parkman left his wife and unborn child to protect them until the Company is brought down.

Everything about the cheerleading in Claire's high school is head-explodingly wrong.

I just assumed that SarkSamurai (Kensei) is an ancestor of Claire's. Hiro calling after the bad guys was hilarious. "This would make a great legend. The Battle of the Twelve Swords is a good name." The bad guy was funny too - "Why does he keep saying his own name?"

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Btw, for those of you who haven't been keeping up with the comics, this week's issue (and these things are only about 5-6 pages each week) deals with what happened in between Mohinder mentioning the Company to the Haitian and Mohinder talking to his Company contact. Yes, it's clear even in the show that Mohinder and the Haitian were in it together, but the comic shows it in detail.
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.M:
Mmmmm, Mohinder.

Um, YES. [Blushing] My mind wanders to the Bad Place whenever he comes onscreen. [Wink]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

Spoiler from AOL

"That Kensei ( David Anders), after losing the princess' love to Hiro, will travel to the present as Kane, a character more evil than Sylar. Kane may even be the mysterious "Boogeyman" character Molly warned about last season."

Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.M:

Mmmmm, Mohinder.

[Smile]

Ah, so true!

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
When they were beating Peter and asking him about the iPods, my hubby said, "Those must be the stupidest bad guys ever. If you opened a container that was supposed to be full of iPods and found someone tied up there, just WHY would you think that person stole them?"

About Claire's bleeding... Sometimes very deep wounds don't bleed right away. It's a shock thing, I think. Severed blood vessels have a tendency to constrict, cutting down on the immediate flow of blood (unless of course it is a major vessel, which you don't find in pinky toes anyway).

I could be wrong, but I know I've seen very deep wounds (that required surgery and stuff to repair) that took a good 10-15 seconds to begin to bleed.

I don't think Peeping Tom is an astral projector, since he dropped a book.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholar
Member # 9232

- posted      Profile for scholar   Email scholar         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't get why Claire didn't look up. The dog is barking upward, so that would make me glance up. And if my uncle and father who I was desperately hoping would take an interest in my life were capable of flight, I would probably constantly be scanning the skies at night (I know she thinks Peter is dead, but she knows better then anyone else Peter's regen power, so at some level, she should be expecting him to come back).
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
When they were beating Peter and asking him about the iPods, my hubby said, "Those must be the stupidest bad guys ever. If you opened a container that was supposed to be full of iPods and found someone tied up there, just WHY would you think that person stole them?"
Your hubby and I think alike.

Scholar: The dog thing bothered me as well, it was almost like she was determined to NOT look up when acting the scene.

-----

Also can anybody explain what is up with the girl with the killer stigmata? I mean seriously, how is that a genetic advantage?

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.