FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Heroes: II (Page 8)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Heroes: II
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
(as an aside did the poster say "fugitive" or "murderers," pretty sure it said fugitives.)

It said "homocidio," so yes it said they were wanted for homocide.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Add me to those who think that this year's Heroes is nowhere near as good as last year's.

Here's my break down of the story lines:

Hiro's storyline is actually my LEAST favorite, after being my favorite last season. It's almost as bad to me as Niki/Jessica was. Having Kensie be british I thought was odd, but what's worse is the total lack of believability in their adventures.
The prime example which gets riled up is the "90 angry Ronin" one. Being able to regenerate does not give you a conceivable shot at defeating 90 samurai at once. They aren't going to cut off your arm, and then wait patiently for it to grow back so that you can continue the fight. They are going to cut off your limbs faster than you can regrow them. I'd say Kensie could believably take down 5 or 6 of them, but no way could he do 90.

It may sound like nitpicking, but Hiro's entire story is strange like that. It's a difference in the realism between an adult superhero comics and a children's super hero comic. I don't mind a lack of realism, but at least it should be somewhat consistent within one show (or even episode).

No one likes the twins, and I am no exception. They could have done all the things they've done so far in one episode, with the story hurt not at all.

Claire's story I don't mind as much as some do. It's not riveting, but I'm at least entertained.

I like Peter's story, despite the silly antics over the box. Every reference to the box of doom made me cringe. Niki and I both like the Irish girl. I enjoyed Kristen Bell's appearance. I never watched Veronica Mars, but the actress has undeniable charisma. Her power is the one I'd imagined for myself in the Heroes world (I can't be the only one who has thought of my own Hero power).

The new girl from NO is okay, but I am waiting patiently for where it is heading.

Every Niki/Jessica appearance makes me want to cry. To address a recent topic in this thread: I can recognize that Ali Larter probably has some qualities to make her physically attractive, but I can't even see them anymore. She's that painful of an actress.

I am interested in where the Matt/Nathan thing is going. There story is probably the best thing going on in the show at the moment.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Funny that's exactly how your wife described you last night. OHHHHHH!!! [Big Grin]

Apparently BlackBlade's superpower is to time travel back to third grade. [Razz]
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by theCrowsWife:
quote:
(as an aside did the poster say "fugitive" or "murderers," pretty sure it said fugitives.)

--Mel

Which means there is an incident before any of the episodes we have seen thus far where Maya killed somebody and her brother for some reason failed to revive them. Everyone we have seen thus far has been killed and then brought back to life.

I guess we will be seeing a flashback of that some time this season. [Smile]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
Lyr, I just think it's obvious that Adam is going to be Peter's mirror self. We've been talking about a mirror Peter since Nathan saw his scarred reflection. Now Peter gets a note from Adam on the mirror in the warehouse, and the Company has a file on him. We know Peter had to have met Lightning Girl, so I'm guessing she met Adam instead.
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just_me
Member # 3302

- posted      Profile for just_me           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by theCrowsWife:
quote:

--Mel

Which means there is an incident before any of the episodes we have seen thus far where Maya killed somebody and her brother for some reason failed to revive them. Everyone we have seen thus far has been killed and then brought back to life.

I guess we will be seeing a flashback of that some time this season. [Smile]

Don't we already know that it was their parents she killed? Why her brother couldn't save them I don't know, unless he was not near (which would explain even more why they get so terrified of being apart) or didn't know then that he could stop it...
Posts: 409 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen anything to suggest that it was their parents. In fact, Alejandro says at one point that he promised their mother to get her safely to America. That doesn't prove that the parents are still alive, but it does suggest that the twins' problems predate that conversation.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
I would say that my single biggest disappointment in the second season would be how they're handling Claire's storylines.

It would be one thing if it were a simple case of teenage loneliness/infatuation induced stupidity. But given the kind of world she was living in less than half a year ago, the things she saw and the pains she suffered, you'd think she would have learned some degree of wisdom.

I mean, let's see. Telling transparent lies to her father. Lying to Noah is one thing, but to do so so stupidly, I have a difficult time imagining Claire doing so. Not once stopping to wonder, "Hey, you know this guy who can fly was exhibiting some bizarre stalker behavior before he could ever have known I had these abilities (or if he DID know she had those abilities, how and what's his agenda?)." Or, "Hey, let's hang out with the guy who routinely flies in broad daylight in public places! And let's not forget to make sure that two special abilities, one of which is mine, becomes associated with what will surely be a widely-told tale at school while I'm on the run!"

And what, suddenly her new hearthrob spins her a sob story about what she already knew her father did, knew that he was ordered to make it much worse but did not, and then she starts to mistrust him again as much as she did back about 2/3 through the first season? The Haitian didn't make her forget Noah having himself gutshot and nearly killed, right? How much penance does he owe Claire, anyway?

Ugh. She is just very annoying right now. That's probably my biggest beef, though. I'm still enjoying the second season quite a bit. Hiro's story is still interesting to me. I really do like him, because he's remained fundamentally the same sort of person throughout: a well-meaning, idealistic, optimistic sort of...nerdy twerp, kind of. He's always trying to get better, even after he stumbles, and he recognizes it when people help him and he's grateful (as with Ando), and faces his trials with head held high.

Sure, he's screwing up, but just about the only time he ever got a sit down and trained in anything was probably for entry-level programming, and for sword-fighting. Otherwise, he's still a total rookie.

I'm still interested in Sylar, although that will diminish the longer he stays alive. Not because I think he'll grow boring, but because it becomes more and more ridiculous that he isn't killed outright. By, for example, Parkman and Suresh and Noah, who might just cover their bases by saying to Molly, "Sweetie, we're pretty sure he's dead, but could you please just check to see if you can find Sylar seeing as how his body mysteriously vanished?"

I enjoy Nathan Petrelli, partially because I dig the actor, but also because he seems to me to be the man most firmly astride both 'worlds'. The Two-Face thing in the mirror, that's pretty intriguing to me, although how he survived the explosion isn't much of a mystery. Personally, I suspect a lot of his self-loathing and guilt is rooted in what I think happened: he flew away from Peter exploding and saved himself, letting as he thought Peter die.

The story of the previous generation's (and further back) heroes, modern day kingmakers, is the one I'm most interested in right now. Some of them seem, as Nathan quite accurately stated, to be hideously evil. Others seem repentant, and there are over a half dozen we've never even met yet.

Well, anyway, I'm rambling. I still think it's a groovy show.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rakeesh:
... But given the kind of world she was living in less than half a year ago, the things she saw and the pains she suffered, you'd think she would have learned some degree of wisdom.

High five! [Wink]
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AvidReader:
Lyr, I just think it's obvious that Adam is going to be Peter's mirror self. We've been talking about a mirror Peter since Nathan saw his scarred reflection. Now Peter gets a note from Adam on the mirror in the warehouse, and the Company has a file on him. We know Peter had to have met Lightning Girl, so I'm guessing she met Adam instead.

First of all that was just weird to read because my name is Adam.

Second, I really, really don't get why we're supposed to assume that naturally it's Peter's mirror self. Other than Niki, who the hell has a mirror self? Nathan just had one appear, and we've seen it a couple times, but no other character has even shown a hint of it.

I think Adam Monroe is a real character. If it was Peter, how stupid would anyone have been to not know that Adam is Peter given the powers involved? Second, I'm supposed to believe that he became THAT big of a problem in just a couple months? I don't buy that either. I think Peter worked with Monroe, one way or the other, and that Kristen Bell is affiliated with Monroe (perhaps his daughter?).

But I see zero evidence of him being a second personality of Peter's. What's with the fixation on multiple personalities all of a sudden?

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
Niki just has a personality disorder. It isn't her power. There are no mirror people.

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but didn't Maya kill all the people in the truck in the first episode? Alejandro didn't get there until a while later. The only way he can stop people from...inking to death?... is to get to Maya before they are dead.

This whole season has been a disappointment. I'll still watch it, I just won't be waiting for it all week. Next week I'm watching the 2-hour Prison Break live in HD,(I still have DVR for Heroes.) even though that show is a disappointment too. The only show that doesn't disappoint me now is Pushing Daisies.

Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

It just started. Give it time.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think Niki does have a disorder. I think that's really her sister. Why else did she wake up in rooms splattered in blood without a drop on herself? Jessica in the mirror usually had some sign of a struggle. I think that's why Jessica had the tattoo. To show that she is physically not the same person. That's also why I don't think the Company cured her. I think they made Jessica the predominant body because she's willing to work for them.
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
One thing I did like; the end of the episode with Peter in the future. Maybe if we have a big storyline the show can get back to what I loved from the first season.
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

Do we know what invisible man's name is? Because that's my husband's theory as to who Adam Monroe is.

--Mel

Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
The invisible man is Claude something or other.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

Oh. So much for that theory.

--Mel

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I thought this week was amazing, and I think next week looks stunning.

I knew Kensei would show up at some point in the present.

Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Next week looks amazing. Kensei coming to the future is so so so needed as otherwise all that time in the past was wasted. It also adds some real emotion to the show.

BTW, I missed the first 20 minutes. Can someone give me a quick sum-up?

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Well. Now we know how the whole Kenzei storyline connects. I admit I didn't expect it, although I really should have. I was even nudging up alongside it this week, wondering if cellular regeneration would effect immortality. ("The Forever King" by Molly Cochrane and Warren Murphy speculates a positive answer, and I have had that book for a decade.)

Now, now I am interested. The buildup is starting to pay off. We're getting connections hinted at, and I'm anxious to see how they develop.

Was Darth Hoodie one of Parkman Sr's nightmare illusions?

West: still an idiot, and getting more annoying by the episode.
Claire: only slightly less of an idiot.
Niki: likable!
Parkman: good for him!
Molly: yay!
Mr Bennett: *sigh* honesty helps matters.
Mohinder: I don't envy him his rock nor his hard place.
Irish Girl: I wish they'd make her relevant somehow. Barring that, make her interesting.
Peter: also sucks to be him.

I'm looking forward to next week's episode, which looks to be choke-full of revelations.

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, I'm starting to really hope that the last painting comes true sooner rather than later. Mr Bennet's complete reluctance to communicate has just crossed into the point where it's absolutely absurd. This whole thing could be cleared up if he just told Claire about the painting and explained what's going on. It's not like she hasn't been in the middle of all of this before. I can see absolutely no reason for him not to simply tell her, and I'm starting to think that the show will be better with him gone.

A couple of other random thoughts about this week:
  • They've finally finished the setup phase. With Hiro back in the future and a lot of questions finally out in the open, it looks like they're actually ready to get the show moving again.
  • No twins or Sylar. [Big Grin]
  • They had Kensai locked up for years. What can they possibly get from Claire that they couldn't have gotten from him during that time?
  • The whole mechanics of leaving someone in the future are really weird when you think about it. I mean, what happens if they change the future while she's still there? Does she simply go poof? Interesting to ponder, IMO.
  • It's been obvious that Kensai was going to be a present day villian for a while now, but it's good that they've finally brought it out into the open.
  • Niki was actually half decent in this epsiode. Plus, it looks like we won't be seeing much of her for a while.
  • And while we're on the subject of Niki, I'm a little surprised (and relieved) that she was actually herself. I was definitely in the camp that thought Jessica was in control again. I'm glad to see that Jessica looks like she's gone for good.

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I really really liked Matt in this episode. He's such a good guy with amazing potential that he's actually realizing in a believable manner.

Kensei, though the obvious villian, should spice things up a bit. I can't wait to see his interactions with Peter.

The massive meeting o' heroes in Bob's office was pretty awesome, too. I loved seeing DL and was really hoping he was back, but having Maury get into Niki's head like that was also amazing.

This episode was, overall, much better than the previous ones. Hopefully they'll continue to improve. [Smile]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Kensei coming to the future is so so so needed as otherwise all that time in the past was wasted. It also adds some real emotion to the show.
I believe he didn't come to the future but has simply survived all this time due to his cells' ability to regenerate and thus prevent him from aging or dying.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I think Phanto just meant Kensei coming to the present as a part of the storyline, not that he someone hitched a ride with Hiro.

I think it's pretty obvious that he lived a long time, otherwise Adam Monroe never could have interacted with the Company, and I think Hiro and Ando would have seen him in the cubicle.

But wow, this certainly gives us an idea of what's in store for Claire.

Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Guess her daddy was right...kinda.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Honestly, I'm starting to really hope that the last painting comes true sooner rather than later. Mr Bennet's complete reluctance to communicate has just crossed into the point where it's absolutely absurd. This whole thing could be cleared up if he just told Claire about the painting and explained what's going on. It's not like she hasn't been in the middle of all of this before. I can see absolutely no reason for him not to simply tell her, and I'm starting to think that the show will be better with him gone.
Don't say this [Frown]

You make me sad [Frown]

/edit - [Frown]

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
I am on the west coast so I am watching it as I write. West is a freakin' stalker!
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Yeah that weirded me out too, especially when it flew in the face of a specific request she made of him.

Does anyone have any other theories besides Mohinder and West as to who will kill Bennett? Mohinder has the gun now, and we know he's doubting Bennett, but West has a serious motive. I don't see anyone else as a contender.

Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. I hope West doesn't come back. I would be completely freaked out by this kind of behavior if I were in Claire's shoes. And that's without the whole paranoia about being found out bit.

I have an idea. Instead of Mr. Bennet trying to make the painting not be true by having Claire not get a boyfriend, maybe he should get contacts. He can't die with his glasses shattered on his face if he's not wearing them.

I liked the creepy green title screen instead of the normal gold one. It gave the whole quarantined New York part an even more surreal feeling.

Matt is awesome. Incredibly awesome. He's faced his fears and his problems, and he ended up being stronger than his father. I suspect his need to protect Molly was part of what gave him the will to escape from his father.

I was thinking during the episode that Maury would be a major villain and he would be the villain's arch nemesis who would save the world this time around. They kind of built the Nightmare Man up to be the main event, but I suppose he's been dealt with and there's someone even more frightening now. Saving the cheerleader won't help this time around, 'cause the bad guy's already got healing powers.

Nathan got a nice scene as he talked Niki down. I agree, by the way -- I think this was her best episode to date.

I'm looking forward to the episode next week where they answer a whole bunch of questions!

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte         Edit/Delete Post 
Answering questions? In Heroes?1

*snickers*

Oh, wait. Are you serious?

AHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Sorry. [Big Grin]

*continues snickering*

Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Obviously you've never seen LOST, or you wouldn't make that joke.

But hey, without all this set up, episodes like this week's, and certainly next week's wouldn't be as extremely awesome as they are.

ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 0Megabyte:
Answering questions? In Heroes?1

*snickers*

Oh, wait. Are you serious?

Personally, I think they've been doing a decent job answering the questions they bring up.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte         Edit/Delete Post 
Lyrhawn:

true, true. The build up did add to this episode's punch.

And it WAS a good episode. This episode didn't drag, not at all. The Hiro plot jumped forward, the Peter plot finally gave him his memory, or at least part of it, back. Also, his new chick is lost in time, which is interesting, I suppose. Oh, and the whole virus thing. The Matt/Nathan/Mohinder/Molly/Various Bad Guys plot was fun, especially seeing it conclude in such a good way.

Now we're off to new things! Like Bennet not being a good guy anymore, and totally deserving what's coming since he's being foolish!

Also, I'm reminded of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, where Arthur was told about a part of the future where he was met by another character, and realized he hadn't gotten there yet.

Which meant he couldn't die until he got there.

Which meant, naturally, that he was invincible until then, and all he had to do was avoid the place as long as possible.

I wonder why Bennet hasn't just... taken off the glasses. I know I would! Also, only wear colorful outfits not at all like the one in the painting, ever again.

Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I don't think that'd undo the painting. They HAVE avoided the things in paintings before, like when Claire had her head cut open when Sylar attacked her, and Peter managed to fend Sylar off.

Had Claire not been wearing her cheerleading outfit, I have a hard time believing that Sylar would've been stopped.

"What, jeans and a tank top?! Well I can't eat her brains now!"

It takes serious action to stop them, not something superficial.

I have to say though, one of the coolest things about the paintings is that even the smallest thing gets you excited. When Niki threw Mohinder into the wall, and then later you saw him with the nose bandage, couple with getting the gun from Bob, you just know that something big is going to happen soon!

Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

Why do you people think changing his look is going to stop his death?

Bennett killed his mentor last week for no reason. They knew it was him anyway.

Does Kensei know that Hiro is around now? I'm not sure how angry he could be after so long.

It really sucks for Caitlin being stuck in the future that everyone is going to try to stop from happening. It especially sucks because Peter traveled back just seconds too late to bring her with him.

EmpSquared
Member # 10890

- posted      Profile for EmpSquared           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Elmer's Glue:

Does Kensei know that Hiro is around now? I'm not sure how angry he could be after so long.

I can't see Kensei being such an important villain if not for this reason. I figure that everything that happened to him festered inside him for all these centuries, and the showdown between "Adam" and Hiro will be pretty epic.
Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

I was wrong about many plot points. Unfortunately, that was not enough to make this more interesting for me. I think I'm done with Heroes.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
One day after NBC announced it was doing away with the Heroes: Origins spin-off miniseries, now comes word that, in preparation for the now inevitable strike, the Heroes team is retooling the end of its December 3 episode so that it works not just as the end to the second chapter, titled “Generations,” but also as an end to the second season.
That's right, if the strike moves forward and doesn't end quickly, the second season of Heroes may be over a whole lot faster than you expected. Scheduled to be episode 11, if the December 3 episode does in fact serve as the season finale, it would mean the Heroes year is more than halfway over. This presents several scenarios and should elicit different reactions.

On the one hand, Heroes season 2 has been largely panned by fans, and perhaps a quick conclusion followed by plenty of downtime would allow the writers to reflect on exactly why viewers aren't as excited this time around and adjust accordingly. On the other hand, the Heroes team may have been building to an exciting couple episodes, and that momentum may be broken by a shortened season.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/heroes/heroes-season-2-finale-coming-13312.aspx
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
Yeah that weirded me out too, especially when it flew in the face of a specific request she made of him.

Does anyone have any other theories besides Mohinder and West as to who will kill Bennett? Mohinder has the gun now, and we know he's doubting Bennett, but West has a serious motive. I don't see anyone else as a contender.

It's not really Noah being killed. It's Sylar getting his powers back, changing his appearance into Noah so that he can get close to Claire, (Obviously to get her power.) Before he can kill her he takes a bullet in the face, I'm guessing West does it as I HOPE he is the boy kissing Claire in the background.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Brinestone:
quote:
Kensei coming to the future is so so so needed as otherwise all that time in the past was wasted. It also adds some real emotion to the show.
I believe he didn't come to the future but has simply survived all this time due to his cells' ability to regenerate and thus prevent him from aging or dying.
Wouln't this mean that Claire's time on the show would be short lived? Hayden is going to start looking like a woman and not a teenage girl. If her cells are supposed to regenerate then she wouldn't age either.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
That doesn't follow. She should get to adulthood and then stop there. Growing is growing. Aging is degenerating, which regenerating should cancel out.

Havah and I were sitting there and watching the show last night, and something clicked. It was when they were talking about Adam Monroe and his god complex. I turned to her and said, "How much do you want to bet that his power is healing, and that Adam Monroe is the English name of the guy Hiro thought was Takezo Kensei?"

Is anyone else as irked as I am by the fact that they've shown Kaito Nakamura, Angela Petrelli and Bob, and made it fairly clear that the three of them had powers, but haven't even given us a hint of what those powers might be?

Of course, it's possible that Angela used her power to bring Peter's memories back last night, but that might have just been her being his mother. But damn... if they had powers that were sufficient for them to be part of the original Company, you'd think that they'd be useful enough to have used them while we're watching.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
They told us that Bob's power is to turn stuff into gold in the first episode with him.

Edit: Maybe Kaito's power is to be an awesome teacher, or something. He did teach Hiro how to use a Katana amazingly well in under an hour.

Well enough to defeat Takezo, at least.

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholar
Member # 9232

- posted      Profile for scholar   Email scholar         Edit/Delete Post 
How do we know that Adam is going to be the bad guy?
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by JonHecht:
They told us that Bob's power is to turn stuff into gold in the first episode with him.

Oh, right. I'd forgotten.

quote:
Originally posted by JonHecht:
Well enough to defeat Takezo, at least.

Well enough to defeat Adam. Adam wasn't really Takezo Kensei. He used the name for a short time, but the stories about Kensei were half about Hiro and half paradoxical stories that Hiro heard as a kid and brought back into the past to be told over again.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ricree101:

Honestly, I can't see any reason why Mr. Bennett would confide anything to his daughter. I just don't see your point at all. He's always been shady, underhanded, secretive, and has always tried to keep his daughter out of his business. Why would that change now?

I do hope Mr. Bennett dies, though. I don't like him. He's not a nice person.

I loved this episode, though!

1. Peter got his memory back! (And is that his mom's power? Restoring memories?)

2. He left the Irish chick in the hell future. Oops.

3. Nikki wasn't annoying. In fact, she actually worked in this episode.

4. Matt was awesome.

5. Twins weren't in it. [Smile]

6. Hiro's back!!!!!!

7. Oops...Adam lived.

So, my theory on this disease is that using Claire to try to cure it is the WRONG move. She regenerates, she doesn't create antibodies. This suggests to me that she won't die, but will become some kind of super-carrier for the virus.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholar
Member # 9232

- posted      Profile for scholar   Email scholar         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the twins are the solution. She creates diseases, he cures them.
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by scholar:
How do we know that Adam is going to be the bad guy?

He has absolutely no moral sense whatsoever, and a bad temper. And Bob said that he started thinking of himself as a god and was talking about plagues and stuff. And then he gets out of jail, and two weeks (months?) later, people start getting killed. How is that not the makings of a classic bad guy?

I've changed my mind about Darth Hoodie. Definitely Adam.

Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Question:

Did any of Isaac's paintings fail to come true? Peter did fall and suffer injuries that looked like death. A painting is a snapshot, so if the moment in the painting is the moment before he started regenerating, then the painting prophesy was fulfilled, not changed. Same thing for Claire. She was on the steps that night, but the shadow was either Peter's or Noah's, I can't remember.

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

New York didn't get nuked.
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Yet
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.