FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Mika

Author Topic: Mika
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure many of you have heard of Mika, but I just discovered this kick butt band last week.

Mika's Songbird! [Smile]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
Well played.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Flying Dracula Hair
Member # 10155

- posted      Profile for The Flying Dracula Hair   Email The Flying Dracula Hair         Edit/Delete Post 
LOVE Mika! Thanks for the link, was a real treat. What a fun band backing him up [Smile]
Posts: 299 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers for that Telp. Odd, but strangely compelling.

That's the cool thing about forums with a diverse population, you get to find stuff you have never seen on your own!

BTW - the new 2008 Mercury Mariner ads are plainly aimed at someone else.... [Wink]

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by anti_maven:
Cheers for that Telp. Odd, but strangely compelling.

That's the cool thing about forums with a diverse population, you get to find stuff you have never seen on your own!

Hear hear! [Big Grin]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm getting flashes of Duran Duran and other 80's bands listening to this. That's not necessarily bad; I'm just kind of surprised it'd be successful in 2007.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah Mika. I like his stuff.
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lanfear
Member # 7776

- posted      Profile for Lanfear   Email Lanfear         Edit/Delete Post 
He's crazy awesome.

His voice is very Queen Esque..
in my opinion.
Especially on Grace Kelly.

Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
Aww, I like Mika! He's a guilty pleasure. That album is so much fun to play alone in the car on long drives.

I like the Lollipop song.

And I agree with the Queen comparision. His voice reminds me of Mercury's quite a few times.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Mika. He is the quintessential soundtrack for my roommate. Something about operatic falsetto men, odd.
Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

In tight green pants no less...
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet songbird, let Mika drink deeply.
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.