FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Moving Across the Water! - New! Improved! Non-Computer Questions! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Moving Across the Water! - New! Improved! Non-Computer Questions!
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Eaquae Legit:
So, ah, what should I remember not to forget?

Remember to pack all your Region 1 DVDs and NTSC-format videocassettes so you'll have something to watch when you get there. [Razz]
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] Already done, except for the few that have been loaned out. I packed 'em into one binder to save space. I took special care to pack the ones that remind me most of home (i.e., anything with Paul Gross in it).

Ironically, one of the most nostalgic shows is only available in the UK. I'll be ordering that probably the same day I book my flight, so it'll be there soon after I get there to meet me.

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a date! The most infuriating question has now been answered!

When am I leaving?

Jan 20th.

Eeeeee.

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

Are you getting sick of this yet? I sure am.

Does anyone know if I can bring tea with me into the country? I have googled my little heart out on this one, but I can't find an answer. Maybe I'm using the wrong search terms. Anyway, I have some tea, and it's a special favourite, and I'd rather not let it go to waste. If I can't get it through customs, I'd rather it wait for me at home or go to a new home and save the extra weight in my baggage (I'm already way over the limit).

Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't think tea would be a problem at all. As far as I know, it's mostly only meat, fish, dairy products, eggs and honey (and obviously live animals) that they worry about.
Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Eaquae Legit:
Does anyone know if I can bring tea with me into the country?

I should hope so. By the way, I'm going to Japan next week. How much rice should I pack? [Razz]

So it's past January 20th. Are you there? How is it going?

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

Yep, I'm there (here)! It's crowded and small and full of amazing sights to see. Food is all in different packaging and somethings are impossible to find, but then there's new stuff to discover, too. I love my house and I like my classes and I'm trying to get over my nervousness with my supervisors. I find myself in the older half and the most senior degree, and it's very very weird. No one gave me any trouble over my tea or my dried fruit - there wasn't even anyone manning the customs booth. I miss home, and I miss my family, but I'm still happy to be here. [Smile]
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Have fun. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Does anyone know if I can bring tea with me into the country?
I assume it's a favourite type of tea, but I read this and laughed out loud, because it's England

[Big Grin]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

Of course it's England, but it turns out it was a good move because I haven't found my favourite varieties here yet! [Razz]
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I love several varieties of tea that I would be quite surprised to find in the UK.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orlox
Member # 2392

- posted      Profile for orlox           Edit/Delete Post 
Only in Canada eh...
Posts: 675 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.