FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The updated Hollywood pre-strike priority list.

Author Topic: The updated Hollywood pre-strike priority list.
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Some interesting films on the new list....

Though I'm wondering how DBZ got on the list. "Fall of 08" is after the alleged beginning of the strike.

They're really going to try and shoot Justice League and G.I. Joe under such a tight time frame? Eep.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
God, it so bothers me how many of those are remakes or useless sequels... Night at the Museum 2?!?

And I remember when Barbarella was slated to have Drew Barrymore as the lead. Wonder if that's still the case.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
That's exactly what I was about to say. Fast and the Furious 4??? Why???
Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saephon
Member # 9623

- posted      Profile for Saephon   Email Saephon         Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone should go on strike, it's movie-watchers. *grumbles*
Posts: 349 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
At least all the ones that paid to see Fast and the Furious 3.
Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
They got rid of a lot of movies that I wanted to see, since the last list.
Does anyone have any information on "Ticket to Ride", I can't find anything on it.

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by porcelain girl:
At least all the ones that paid to see Fast and the Furious 3.

Exactly. That's why there'll another film: People keep buying tickets.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by JonHecht:
They got rid of a lot of movies that I wanted to see, since the last list.
Does anyone have any information on "Ticket to Ride", I can't find anything on it.

I wouldn't say the films are gone, just that the studios don't foresee being able to film them before the strike.
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

You know, I can't help but think that a writer's strike will actually HELP. It's not like the current set of writers are doing much original anyway...
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Selran
Member # 9918

- posted      Profile for Selran   Email Selran         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nighthawk:
You know, I can't help but think that a writer's strike will actually HELP. It's not like the current set of writers are doing much original anyway...

A strike won't bring in any new writers. Any scab would be barred from joining the writers guild and no member of the writers guild would work for any studio who hired a scab. There is an omerta like code in Hollywood.
Posts: 212 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

Then we're doomed and must wait for Big Momma's House 14: She's Still Here, Damn It...
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Hm, Imperial Life in the Emerald City isn't on this one.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saephon
Member # 9623

- posted      Profile for Saephon   Email Saephon         Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously, Hollywood and two-party politics are just screaming in likeness. We the people should really send them a message one of these days before they treat us with no respect.....oh wait... :x
Posts: 349 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
What do they want to strike about?
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
Money
Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Saephon:
If anyone should go on strike, it's movie-watchers. *grumbles*

Amen to that.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.