FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If you were a dog, what breed would you be?

Author Topic: If you were a dog, what breed would you be?
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Me, I think I'd be a Saint Bernard. They're helpful, calm, big, and, uh, have that religion thing going.

What breed best describes you?

Or, are you a dreaded cat?

[ October 25, 2007, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: Tante Shvester ]

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Probably a collie.

Being dependable and loyal have always been mentioned as my strong traits. And I had a tendency to bark too much often. And I'm very people-centered.

[Smile]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Cocker Spaniel-- clumsy, goofy, enthusiastic, utterly lacking common sense, loveable, and annoying.
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
Greyhound (except for the skinny belly). Excited for five minutes then goes and takes a nap.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely a basenji here. Rebellious, silent, and very carnivorous.
Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Greyhound (except for the skinny belly). Excited for five minutes then goes and takes a nap.
[ROFL] [ROFL]

sure are a lot of greyhounds out there...

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
Great Dane- Large and sometimes gawky, tough on the outside, sweet on the inside. Tante, I eat cats for breakfast.
Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be a real bitch.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
Me, I think I'd be a Saint Bernard. They're helpful, calm, big, and, uh, have that religion thing going.

What breed best describes you?

Meow.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Cats Rule. Just you scratch my ears and I'll show you a Meow! Oh, just for reference. I've never met a dog that didn't want to bite me.
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I think a Terrier. But everytime this question is asked people answer with the breeds they grew up with or have chosen.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by breyerchic04:
I think a Terrier. But everytime this question is asked people answer with the breeds they grew up with or have chosen.

I definitely have answered with a breed I have chosen. But that's not terribly surprising, is it? I still think that I share a lot of traits with my dorky little dog. [Smile]
Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be a labra-doodle that doodles and eats oodles of noodles nad hangs with poodles.
Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if it's better to have a dog breed with the same charecteristics as you, or opposites to balance you out. I'm not sure i want to know.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
I would definitely be a cat. Likely a shorthair tom with grey fur, black stripes and a white chest.
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
I read recently about Tibetan Mastiffs. Usually I don't go for dogs, but in this case, I had to say to myself, gee, these dogs are a lot like me, in dog-form. I intend to get one (or two) at some point in the future.
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Artemisia Tridentata:
bite me.

Pardon?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
Every other Saint Bernard I've ever walked past has wanted to. Go ahead!
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
i'd be Mike Vick's dog, i'd win all the fights, oh yea [Wall Bash]
Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Irish water spaniel. Slightly wierd and goofy, with a sense of humor. Likes the water.
Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh* Spitz.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
When I've taken online quizzes with this topic, I've always turned out to be a German Shepard. Tough, stocky, stubborn, loyal, officious, and rule-oriented.

---

Edited to add: Yep

71.4% German Shepard

[ October 25, 2007, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I've never met a dog that didn't want to bite me.
You need to meet my dog. She's the nicest dog you will ever meet.

As for my breed, I honestly have no idea. I love labradors, but I know for a fact that I'm not a labrador. Claudia, I would love to see that quiz.

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
(edited to make the link work above [Smile] )
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
Probably a labrador, full of beans and enthusiasm but when it comes to doing something useful it's asleep on the hearth...

Or a cat. Sleeping, eating, sleeping, eating, having a nap, a bit of a snack, freaking out like a loon for twenty minutes, and then back to sleep...

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
I took another test and got Greyhound.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

The quiz puts me as a German Shepard-Saint Bernard mix.

I'm a mutt!

theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
A wolf.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
You scored 42.9% Cocker Spaniel

Oh, fabulous. I'm the dumb blonde of the dog world.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

28%Lhasa Apso, 28% Cocker Spaniel, 14% St Bernard, 14% German Shepherd, 14% Jack Russell. NO
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I scored highest on Jack Russell. The problem with that test is that there are only those five breeds to choose from, so I wouldn't worry too much about it Katie. I think you'd be something more like an Irish or Gordon setter myself.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

*googles Irish Setter*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
Erm. I thought show-bred Irish Setters were dumb and pretty, too. Has that changed?

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I got mostly St. Bernard on that test, and it mostly fits, I guess.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Crowswife, the setters I have known have been a bit easily distracted and liked to go off on tangents (like walking around the four mile block because she didn't know how to turn around at the end of the driveway) but more self and socially aware than cockers. The gordon's I've known were awesome and Katie like.
katharina
Member # 827

quote:
a bit easily distracted and liked to go off on tangents (like walking around the four mile block because she didn't know how to turn around at the end of the driveway)
Um, yay?

[Razz]

Gordon Setters: The Derek Zoolander of the Dog World

BannaOj
Member # 3206

Unlike Cockers, who IMO are just plain dumb in general, I think Irish setters (for the most part)are intelligent and like to pick and choose what they wish to be enthusiastic about. They will get deeply involved in something that interests them sometimes to the exclusion of everything else, but if it doesn't, eh, they won't bother. I don't know all of the personality quirks of either the Irish or Gordon setters, but they were the images that came to my mind when I tried to focus on Katie and a dog breed together.

AJ

I think breyerchic is a slightly offbeat herding breed. I've been debating between the Briard or the Polish Lowland Sheepdog. (although the swedish vallhund has possiblities too)

BannaOj
Member # 3206

where'd you get that thing about zoolander Katie?
katharina
Member # 827

Derek Zoolander can't turn left, so he'll walk around the block/room or spin 270 degrees to avoid it.

[Smile] I think it's funny. And your description of a setter does sound awfully familiar.

pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by katharina:
You scored 42.9% Cocker Spaniel

Oh, fabulous. I'm the dumb blonde of the dog world.

Me too O_o 42.9%.

But you know, I didn't like coming back as Katharine Hepburn either. I don't dislike Cocker Spaniels, but my initial replies would have been Beagle or Labrador retriever.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Breyerchic is a Beardie... I think that was the breed my brain was trying to come up with all along...
*grin*

AJ

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Beardie! I did once desperately want a Swedish Vallhund, I've never seen one in person.

I am more than willing to admit the Irish I knew was weird, but she was awesome and smart. She was not quite a show dog and was used for (I believe) akc gundog trials.

MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I took a test and it said I was a Leonberger, I had to look it up.

I guess this would be why (why I had to look it up, not why I'm one):

"Leonbergers were seriously affected by the privations of the two world wars. During World War I most Leonbergers were left to fend for themselves as breeders fled or were killed. Only five Leonbergers survived World War I and were bred until World War II when, again, almost all Leonbergers were lost. All Leonbergers today trace their ancestry back to eight dogs that survived World War II."

-From wikipedia.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

There are at least ten Leonbergers in my town and I've seen them with three different people. So yeah they're rare, but not quite as rare as that makes it sound.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

http://www.hatrack.com/cgi-bin/ubbmain/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=049804;p=1&r=nfx

*grin* here I was attempting to be delicate and katie incriminated herself previously....

(katie you know I love you)

AJ

Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You scored 57.1% Jack Russell Terrier
Rawk!
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Qaz
Member # 10298

- posted      Profile for Qaz           Edit/Delete Post 
Border collie. Always into something.
Posts: 544 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.