FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Boy Scout (ok Cub Scout) Question

Author Topic: Boy Scout (ok Cub Scout) Question
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I know we have some Scouts and Scout people on board, so I have a question. I started working for a new company--going back to entertainment. By entertainment I mean I work with magicians providing after school entertainment, day camps, classes, and assorted magical events.

Its a tough job, but I get to do it.

Next Saturday I will be at a Cub Scout Pow-Wow offering the services of our team of magicians for the Blue & Gold banquets.

Neither my boss or I am satisfied with this offering. We'd like to offer some of our other services to the scouts, but I don't know if that is allowed.

Could somebody who knows direct me where to find out, or simply tell me?

What we want to offer:

Magic Show Fundraiser--we spend the day teaching the scouts how to do a show. Later that night they do a magic show for the audience of parents, friends, and family who have all paid to watch. This has worked well at several small schools in the past.

Magic Workshop Training--We offer a group of magic/circus/puppetering supplies and instruct the "den Mothers" how to use them and incorporate them in some of their meetings.

Magic Kits--to be sold as a fund raiser to the kids, with simple magic tricks and instruction.

Day Camps--Week long or day long camps teaching Circus Skills or Magic, to be done at their camps over the summer.

Field Trips to the Stage--Where they come to a local stage and do a workshop/perform/and watch a magic show. (About $5.00 per child).

Would any of these be against scout rules? Thanks. (I'll be back on in a few hours to get these answers if any).

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
I was a scout for eight or nine years. Nothing sounds like it would go against any of the rules/guidelines I remember.

Out of curiosity, why would you think they would?

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Since they are not official "Boy Scout" programs or merchandise, I was not sure if there would be a problem.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.