FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Did I beat Puffy on a movie news thread?

Author Topic: Did I beat Puffy on a movie news thread?
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
A new Green Lantern movie.

Just kidding Puffy. I really enjoy your movie threads. I get more info from you than I do IMDB.

Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. I'm hoping that if the League movie is a hit, we'll eventually see -all- of DC's top tier heroes on the big screen.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Solar Macharius
Member # 7775

- posted      Profile for Lord Solar Macharius           Edit/Delete Post 
On a slight tangent, I just started reading Rucka's Wonder Woman run and I can't understand how a WW picture hasn't manifested yet.

And Whedon was wrong about her not having any good villains.

Posts: 254 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Diana doesn't lack good villains so much as she lacks villains one can sum up briefly.

The Joker: Evil clown. Lex Luthor: Evil genius. Circe: An ancient Greek sorceress who one might vaguely remember from reading The Odyssey back in school. [Smile]

And don't even get me started on Egg Fu...

I'm hoping new WW series writer Gail Simone brings back the Queen of Fables. She'd make an excellent recurring villain.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously? A GL movie? I've been wanting this movie since I was 6.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
It's hard for me to think about Green Lantern without remembering Garth Ennis' take on him in Hitman.

(<reading GL's mind> "What does that ring of yours do? That... That... That... Jeez, is there anything that ring doesn't do?! Yes... It doesn't make you any smarter.")

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

I highly doubt it'll be Kyle in the movie. With Dooley gone, DC dropped the whole "No More Corps, not even Alan Scott can use the name!" thing as quickly as possible.
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JonHecht:
Seriously? A GL movie? I've been wanting this movie since I was 6.

Tell me this isn't the one that they were going to do with Jack Black.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Jack Black was approached about the possibility of doing many films with WB, among them Green Lantern...but online rumors jumped the gun in considering that project greenlit. No pun.
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think I'd envision Black as the Green Lantern. Mebbe as the Blue Beetle. [Smile]
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.