FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Cat Who... (possible spoilers)

Author Topic: The Cat Who... (possible spoilers)
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
It's been a long week in my lit class so I pulled out my favorite mindless fluff. Has anyone else read any (or most or all) of Lilian Jackson Braun's Cat Who books?

I have read all of them after Qwill first visits and moves to Moose County. It's kind of exciting to see what will happen in the next one.

Go ahead and post spoilers.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eowyn-sama
Member # 11096

- posted      Profile for Eowyn-sama   Email Eowyn-sama         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I've read basically all of them through oh, maybe 5 years ago. ^_^ The audibooks are awesome, but I can't really speculate on the most recent ones. I actually felt like the ones after he was well and truly settled in Moose County weren't as good, 'cause he wasn't doing much detecting, just kind of having stuff fall into his lap.
Posts: 96 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I like the community sense it has, and care less about the dectecting. I wish I lived in a town like that, though without the murders in every book.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I've read all of them up to, I think, the second to last one. Just haven't got to the last one yet, I pick it up when I see it at the library and just haven't seen that one. It's not great writing, but I really like the sense of community, too. It makes me feel safe and comforted. Even when people are dying left and right. [Wink]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Exactly, the writing isn't great but it's at least legible. Something big happens in the last one out, so you should pick it up.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I will, eventually. I don't get to the library much these days. And my library doesn't buy them, so it has to be the other library if I'm just gonna pick it up, not order it. But I'll get to it. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Annoying that yours doesn't carry them. I believe all of the branches of our library do. I mean this is as literary of books as most of the American population will read.
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite fluff, too! I also like Nancy Atherton's Aunt Dimity series, for the community and comfort reasons. No cats, there, though.
Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I've read two or three of them. It's been awhile back, though, and none of them really stick in my head. They were an entertaining read, but not something I would probably re-read.
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.