FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » First 2008 'President&VicePresident'ial Campaign Posters

Author Topic: First 2008 'President&VicePresident'ial Campaign Posters
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Obama and Clinton for 2008.
A bit off compared to the actual full heads&shoulders billboard photograph -- the ears are more Obama prominent, and the sunglasses and hair flip is more Hillary obvious on the roadside&bus billboards -- but that was the closest I could find on the Web.

[ November 07, 2007, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
American gangster?
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, but the shooting angle of the photograph on the roadside and bus billboards make Washington's ears appear MUCH more prominent, which is the first thing political cartoonists exaggerate in creating an Obama caricature.
Crowe is phographed in 3/4 profile toward Washington which accentuates the hair part and hairflip ala Hillary. The aviator sunglasses (which Hillary has also been photographed wearing) masks the strongest differences between the two faces. I'm not sure, but I think Crowe is also wearing the '70s-style b-r-o-a-d collared mens business shirt that we now associate with professional womens wear.

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
wait, I'm still confused how that link has anything to do with presidential campaign posters...
Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the issue is, have you ever seen Denzel and Obama in a room together? Crowe and Hillary?
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iain
Member # 9899

- posted      Profile for Iain   Email Iain         Edit/Delete Post 
Tony Koester for president
A reference for any that read Model Railroader

Posts: 44 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.