FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Enchanted: "That's How You Know"

Author Topic: Enchanted: "That's How You Know"
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
One of the songs created for the "gentle" Disney parody.

It's sort of eerie just how accurately they've captured the feel of one of those 2-D musical production numbers. [Smile]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
That's awesome.

This is the first movie I've been really excited about in a long time.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
(And the best part of all is the stunned, shocked look on the guy's face as everyone starts singing and dancing.)
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
When does/did it come out? I remember seeing ads for it a long time ago, but then it sort of fell off the face of the earth.
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Thanksgiving Day. [Smile]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
(And the best part of all is the stunned, shocked look on the guy's face as everyone starts singing and dancing.)

I love the part where the entire crowd stands up and flings up their arms with glee...and he self-consciously mimics them a half minute or so later. [Big Grin]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

And the baffled look as she sings to him alone by the lake and he tries to smile politely. He just doesn't know what to do, and it is so funny to see it in his face.

I also love when he tries to explain that birds don't know where someone lives.

Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
The boats and the background singers remind me of that scene in the Little Mermaid.
Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Sing a Happy Working Song found through a larger but substantially slower-loading video
attached to an LATimes interview with the songwriters.

And a few more clips.

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
This one really does look cute. When I first saw the preview I thought they'd already done something like this, but this looks great.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Dang. I got the release date wrong. It's coming out the 21st, the day before Thanksgiving. [Embarrassed]
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
I lost it when they did the Cinderella reflecting bubbles.

It looks like its going to be a much better parody than I was expecting.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I love the pigeon at the end of the Working Song.... [Big Grin]
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
It's like the Disneyland parade broke out of the park and invaded the real world.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mistaben
Member # 8721

- posted      Profile for mistaben           Edit/Delete Post 
I keep listening to "That's How You Know." I don't think I've ever heard a Disney song so realistically depict romantic love. Jewelry and flowers have their proper role, but it all comes down to regular dates, thoughtful notes, vacuumed floors, dressed children, etc.

Providing "evidence" to my wife of my love of her has been a constant goal of mine lately, and it's transformed our marriage. For my wife at least, it really is all the small but daily (or hourly!) things that show her that I love her.

"You got to show dat you need huh! Don' treat huh like a mind readuh!"

Posts: 105 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
It's WHITE Bollywood!
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps Bollywood is just Indian "Enchanted".

Just like Columbus discovered America. [Wink]

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimmyCooper
Member # 7434

- posted      Profile for JimmyCooper   Email JimmyCooper         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys, I thought this would be the best place to post this: Amazon has the enchanted soundtrack as a digital download for $1.99.
linky

Posts: 33 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.