FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Anyone watch Law and Order: SVU?

Author Topic: Anyone watch Law and Order: SVU?
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just wandering around the kitchen making a cookie-cake for my coworkers since tomorrow is my last day at a the bank.

And we've got L&O on in the background because we love the SVU cast and the next thing I know I'm hearing "Mandeville, Louisiana."

That's where I live!

Course, Stabler meets with the subject and they start talking about Lake Pontchartrain and the Northshore and Hurricane Katrina. And naturally, the guy has the worst accent ever made worse by the fact that the despite relative closeness to the bayous, most people who live in Mandeville are upper-middle-class suburbanites.

I mean, I'm getting used to shows referring to New Orleans more, but to pick this town across the lake??? Its just weird.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eowyn-sama
Member # 11096

- posted      Profile for Eowyn-sama   Email Eowyn-sama         Edit/Delete Post 
Lol! That's exactly what I do, putter around the kitchen with L&O in the background ^_^

Is that the anthrax episode?

Posts: 96 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
No, it was a new ep.

I watch it avidly. Ameteurs.

I thought Casey gave one of the best press statements she's ever given.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Shanna:
I mean, I'm getting used to shows referring to New Orleans more, but to pick this town across the lake??? Its just weird.

I'm just getting around to reading Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch mystery novels. Since they take place in the Los Angeles area for the most part, and since he does his homework (I sometimes picture him sitting there writing with a Thomas Guide open on his desk), and since I grew up in Southern California, he references places I know fairly often. And that is a cool thing, I think.

But, imagine my surprise when I was in bed reading one night before going to sleep and he referenced, by name and location, the cemetery where my father and much of his family are buried. Let's just say that freaked me out just a little bit.

Edited to fix grammar and to make a clarification.

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I love reading books set in places I'm familiar with. I always get a kick out of Peter Decker chasing bikers up the Angeles Crest in Sacred and Profane, 'cause those bikers come down and hang out at the local Denny's and the corner gas station when they're meeting up every Saturday getting ready to ride. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate SVU. Watch 5 minutes of it, and you're sucked in for the whole episode. [Grumble]
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

And that's a bad thing?
Jhai
Member # 5633

It is when you're doing other work, and the significant other channel surfs to SVU (or, really, any Law & Order show).
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Hmmm. See, in our house, the tv is not in the room where any other work is done. Except maybe cleaning.
Jhai
Member # 5633

Open floor plans are good, except when they're bad. I could go work in the bedroom, but then the mattress would be calling...
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yeah, our tv is in the bedroom.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.