FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Anyone seen "Lars and the Real Girl?"

Author Topic: Anyone seen "Lars and the Real Girl?"
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone seen this movie yet?

I started reading some articles about it at work a few weeks ago and the premise caught my interest. And having grown up watching Ryan Gosling and seeing how he's developed into such a great actor, I was really excited to see him.

Its showing in the city and I could go see it by myself, though if I'm driving an hour into city I'd probably drop by to see my boyfriend and then I'd feel weird running off to see a movie by myself, especially since I prefer seeing them with people so we can discuss afterwards.

So...is this good and how can I convince my boyfriend to see this wacky movie with me (and stay awake during it)? He asked me to describe the plot but I reminded him he wouldn't have seen "Little Miss Sunshine" based on its plot, though he loved that anyway.

Or is it bad and should I just give up and save my reputation as a good-movie-chooser?

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
I really liked it, actually. It was funny and sweet and heartwarming--one of the best comedies I've ever seen, and certainly one of the best romances. And it does that without ever being over-the-top or crude.

And the community in it--the family, the co-workers, the church--they are interesting, real, fleshed-out, and very likable.

Two thumbs up.

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved it. I adore Ryan Gosling. [Smile]
Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heffaji
Member # 3669

- posted      Profile for Heffaji   Email Heffaji         Edit/Delete Post 
It's very worth it.
Posts: 291 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to see it.

I did recently catch a little of this incredibly disturbing documentary on people who actually have Real dolls and treat them as if they were truly alive.

Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.