FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hey, we're in Utah!

Author Topic: Hey, we're in Utah!
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Jamie and myself are in Utah until next wednesday, and with the exception of Thursday(T-Day) and Sunday, we're open to the possibility of hanging out. Any takers?
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Let me know when you come to Michigan.
[Smile]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz] They'd better come here first.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
You already know I'd love to meet up. Do you guys have access to a car? Do you want to meet up in Sandy, or SLC? Their's a delicious Cafe Rio in SLC, heck there is one in Sandy as well. How does Saturday sound? Tiffany just asked if we wanted to maybe catch a flick and dinner? She wants to see Beowulf but obviously it does not have to be that one. What do you guys think?
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

We do have access to a car, and Saturday is definatly no problem. Jamie and I both want to see Beowulf, so no problems with that, but we're easily flexible, so long as the movie theater has stadium seating.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by T_Smith:
We do have access to a car, and Saturday is definatly no problem. Jamie and I both want to see Beowulf, so no problems with that, but we're easily flexible, so long as the movie theater has stadium seating.

OK well Saturday works for us to, I believe Tiffany's family wants us to come over for the BYU UofU game at noon on Saturday but that should be over in alittle over 2 hours. We can buy the tickets now, we were thinking 5:15pm or 7:00, does that work for you folks? Are you guys interested in catching dinner as well? I'll wait for you guys to respond in this thread, if you guys say yes on the movie we will buy the tickets and you can just pay us back at the theater or else just pay part of our dinner bill, however you want to cut it.

Hope to hear from you folks soon. [Smile]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Also if we don't buy the tickets in advance we have to bank on seats being available the day of, which TBH could go both ways.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Blackblade, is it ok to shoot for Monday? Jon and Ruth will be back by then, so more people. Let us know.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Sure Monday's fine, but I won't be done with work until 4:00pm. So anything after that works for us.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Ok, so Cafe Rio + Movie tonight is a go. I just posted on Jon's forum asking when/where.

I guess we should look at movie times.

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
So where is this all happening? Salt Lake? Sandy? There's a Cafe Rio in the Fort Union area (just north of Sandy) and a movie theater about a mile away from it. Where are you guys coming from, T_Smith and BlackBlade?
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by T_Smith:
Ok, so Cafe Rio + Movie tonight is a go. I just posted on Jon's forum asking when/where.

I guess we should look at movie times.

Hey good thinking! Also it depends on which theatre we go to. Is American Fork's cinemark OK (Really nice theatre), or too far South? As for Beowulf at American fork there are showings at, (All PM)

5:15, 7:00, 8:00, and 9:45. I think 7:00 would probably work best for us. We could meet at Cafe Rio at say 5:00-5:30, eat, and go to the movie.

Does that work for you folks? If not you better tell me within the hour as I won't be able to check the forums until about 4:00pm.

edit: I am coming up from Provo.

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

American Fork would be too far south for us, I think. We've got to be home in time to put our little one to bed, so we wouldn't be able to drive that far.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Where are you coming from Jon Boy?
I know there is a Cafe Rio in Sandy, and I am certain there is a movie theatre there as well though I can't remember how good of a movie theatre it is. We don't even have to go to Cafe Rio I am fine with just about anywhere, it was just a suggestion. I almost wish we could have done all this yesterday, I had to drive all the way up to the airport.

We don't even neccesarily HAVE to do a movie it you guys would rather just take longer for dinner and chat, I am fine with that.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

American Fork is too south for us to.

Looking around, Salt Lake would probably be best for us, there's a cafe Rio fairly close to the Gateway Mall. We couldn't figure out the S. Jordan one.

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
the cafe rio in slc is at 532 east 400 south, in case anyone was wondering.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

The downtown location is the closest one to us, so I'm definitely fine with that.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I can find the Cafe Rio in SLC no problem, I ate there on my honeymoon. I guess that just means we need to set aside 2 hours for driving.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

If you lived in Salt Lake with the rest of the cool people, you wouldn't have that problem. [Razz]
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man, sorry about the two hours for driving. [Frown]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Boy:
If you lived in Salt Lake with the rest of the cool people, you wouldn't have that problem. [Razz]

If there was a decent college level school up there to attend I would. [Razz]

BYU FOOTBALL RULES!

edit: The driving does not bother so much as the fact it will be around 5:00, PHOEY!

double edit: So are we in agreement about dinner and a movie, or would anybody prefer to just eat and enjoy each other's company, as CRAZY as that sounds. I am pretty easy going, but it sounds like some of you folks need to get home as is and stretching a movie in there may not add anything tonight.

Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
"I'm sorry!"
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
BYU FOOTBALL RULES!

*high five*

I missed the game, but I saw the most important part: the final score.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Man it was an intense game, all the way until the end!

Well I am back from work, so it seems like we are all OK with Cafe Rio in SLC how does 6:00pm sound? I say 6:00pm because its already 4:30 and I am going to have to leave VERY soon if I am even going to make 6:00. Hope to hear from you and T_Smith soon!

T_Smith
Member # 3734

6:00 is fine by us. See you there.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I could make that! How will I recognize you if I come?
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

We are en route, hope to see you all there! I'm wearing a hat, and a black seater, and blue jeans. The wife has a red cap she crocheted herself.

I'll wait out by the front door rather then going in.

rav
Member # 7595

- posted      Profile for rav           Edit/Delete Post 
Rabbit, I should recognize you from the last time we met but it was a while ago. We're sitting at the first table inside cafe rio
Posts: 121 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

The Rabbit really does exist!
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Silly Jon Boy! Rabbits are for kids!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Boy:
The Rabbit really does exist!

True Story!

Also I'm glad we could all get together I had loads of fun, which was manifested in my inability to stop talking for more then 30 seconds. *sheepish grin*

The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
It's true, I do exist. And although I am for kids, I am sometimes enjoyed by adults as well.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
So when will you two make it down to FL as promised? Huh?

It's only been a little over two years....
[Wink]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.