FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Black Friday plans? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Black Friday plans?
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
Abhi and I shopped at Amazon.com today. Unless there's a consumer good that we absolutely want, and the price is so good it's worth sitting in line for 4 hours in the cold, I'm not going to bother trying the crowds.
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
I was dragged shopping today, but decided to make the best of it, we got to Wal-mart at 4am, and decided there was nothing we needed so badly that we were going to wait in line, so we waited until they opened, Once we got inside I played carriage Nascar and pretended to be ridiculously over-enthusiastic about the bargains.I ended up having fun even if I did bring a degree of embarrassment to everyone around me.
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
"Once we got inside I played carriage Nascar and pretended to be ridiculously over-enthusiastic about the bargains."

Ahh, the excesses of youth.

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
steeven,
There are Fine Jewelry and Fashion (Costume) Jewelry
areas. I don't sell the low cost fashion stuff.

The difference isn't just price, but commission....my people are commission based salespeople.

I never worked at Sears, I have been with Penneys for almost 6 years now, and my dad was a Store Manager for them from 37 years.

[Smile]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
Penney's has costume jewelry? Hmm.

Seriously, though, I remember this whole long story about this saleslady who was like the top seller in the whole company, and totally bitchy, and you didn't sell as much as her, but weren't so pushy, and it was this whole long thing. That was Penney's? You were selling men's clothing then?

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep....good memory. That was about 2 years ago.

Yep, and I guess my patience payed off as I was promoted and she is still selling suits. [Smile]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Peripherally related: is anyone else slightly annoyed that, as of yesterday, the "Video" search link on Google's main page was replaced by a "Products" link?

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.