FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Galactica movie tonight!

Author Topic: Galactica movie tonight!
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Whooo hooo!!!

At long last "Razor" is on tonight at 9pm!
[Party]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been looking forward to this for so long and guess what? I'm gonna be traveling while it's on. *cries*
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I was watching the few episodes of Season 3 BSG they had on last night. I haven't watched it for months and I was so pissed that I didn't have access to the episodes anywhere, so I think I might buy some of the DVDs on Amazon's big crazy DVD sale. But I still can't believe S3 isn't out to buy yet. Maybe they're still trying to decide how much to overcharge for it.

But now I've got the BSG bug again, and I want to watch it all the way through! I'll settle for Razor tonight, but I want more!

I'll be buying the OST for S3 of BSG before the end of the month. The next season will start with "He That Believeth In Me." Though technically "Razor" is considered a two episode arc as a part of the fourth season, though I personally don't see that jiving. Bear McCreary has a big breakdown of every song on his website.

I just love it so.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
So far, it's awesome.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I could do without the "It's been revealed!" thing that comes before the start of every commercial.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sylvrdragon
Member # 3332

- posted      Profile for sylvrdragon   Email sylvrdragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched this last week via torrent download (and it's been available since early November). I liked it, but it only sharpened the pain that comes from waiting for the conclusion of the series/season after that last episode...
Posts: 636 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Well on the bright side it's only three more months until we get at least a taste of the last season.

From the small bit of previews we get for the upcoming season...it looks pretty wicked.

Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I was pretty happy with the preview they showed. And it's March now? I thought it was April still. Not that I'm complaining, mind... [Wink]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Sci-Fi said March during the commercials for Razor. But, there are no details on if they plan to give us all 20 episodes or just 10, it's just rumors right now, but I'd say it's hard fact that we get at least 10 in March.

And I'm going to throw down a bet right now, and say that if the WGA strike is still going on, that BSG will be moved to NBC primetime in March. They tried BSG on NBC once before, and it ranked dead last in the ratings for the time slot. But if the networks don't have any new shows, I wouldn't be surprised to see NBC, the corporate parent of Sci-Fi, steal the show, or simulcast it on the big network since they'll be stuck with reruns at that point. No midseason replacements and no more episodes of from the Fall lineup. It wouldn't at all surprise me.

Marlozhan
Member # 2422

- posted      Profile for Marlozhan   Email Marlozhan         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know if Razor is going to be sold on iTunes?
Posts: 684 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I'd be surprised, given what they are charging for the DVD of it.

In convinced the reason we don't have a Season 3 of BSG out on DVD is because they wanted to release Razor, collect the DVD money from it, and then release Season three after wards when people have it more freshly on their minds, and then it's likely season four will be released, with Razor on it, before releasing the superset with all four seasons, and all bonus stuff on it in one big collection.

Much as I love the show and the people in it, I think they are being a little greedy.

adfectio
Member # 11070

- posted      Profile for adfectio   Email adfectio         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw somewhere that they were planning 10 episodes in 2008 and then the final 10 of season 4 in 2009. I can't find a link for it right now though.....

*goes off to search*

edit: found it: linky

Posts: 349 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

That rumor has been bouncing around for months now. If the strike doesn't end any time soon, that might be made fact without Sci-Fi having anything to do for it, since only 10 episodes have been made.

If the strike ends anytime soon though, we'll see what happens. Sci-Fi, to my knowledge, has neither confirmed nor denied what's going on, so I'll reserve judgement. I really find it hard to believe that they'd do that. They already announced only one more season, and that would essentially be two seasons, but only making them half long. They've always been fairly good before about other shows, why would they do this now?

To amend what I said earlier, I guess they actually 11 episodes finished, or at least written and produced, they just need to do effects and such to them.

[ November 28, 2007, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: Lyrhawn ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.