FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » It's been a long nine years...

Author Topic: It's been a long nine years...
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
but my husband is finally reading OSC! And liking it!

Party at Hatrack River!!

[Party]

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Huzzah!

What's he reading?

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
I like parties. I'll bring the hummus and dipping stuff.
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
What isn't he?! Mwa ha! So far he's read the Ender series, Enchantment, and he's working his way through the Shadow series. He really isn't even a reader, but I started reading to him aloud while he was working, and he ended up finishing most of the books himself. (Much to my dismay, I was not there during the revelation that Ender's games were real.) So this is a big deal. It isn't just a love of OSC or even Sci-fi that he's developed, but a love of reading fiction.

This is huge, people.

We're working our way up slowly to the "weirder" books. I'm not sure where to go next.

Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by PSI Teleport:
What isn't he?! Mwa ha!

That sounds delightfully insane. Not too much mania, with just the right amount of lost sanity.

I try whenever possible to get my friends to read Ender's Game. If I see it cheap at a used book store, I'll buy it so I can give it away.

Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
That's huge! Wow! Next you'll have him online and posting!
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Ha. He's a die-hard lurker.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.