FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Angry

Author Topic: Angry
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
I know, I should get a blog. Anyway. I'm in a multiplayer game. There is one particular player who is totally disrespectful. His latest antic: Compare my country to pigs, call me 'King of Pigs', and then claim that he was speaking in-character and therefore the rules on politeness do not apply. Which, I admit, is true by the letter of the rules, but sheesh! Those are intended to cover things like "Norway had best keep its nose out of the business of its betters, lest it become smaller." Not "King of Pigs!" This after a session where he constantly accused me of breaking truce, because my vassals (AI creatures not under my direct control) fought on after we had agreed to peace terms, but not implemented them yet. And of deliberately forgetting to do an edit that favoured him, after I - twice - explained that technical problems had prevented it.

Well, enough's enough. I quit. I'm just taking it out on you lot because I was having quite a bit of fun in that game apart from this personality conflict. I hope I can get a new game together with the other people who have quit or considered quitting due to this. Which should be roughly half the players, I think.

[Frown]

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, three players of the twelve have joined me so far. Another has said he will join if he can get his computer fixed. And there are two others who haven't logged on yet today, who I'm confident will prefer my game. So looking much better now.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chord
Member # 10122

- posted      Profile for Chord   Email Chord         Edit/Delete Post 
What game is this?
Posts: 37 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I play diplomacy online, and breaking truce is like, the best part about it. It's all about the stab and then beating them in the game after they gripe.
Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.